Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:29:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Waterhole Messenger - OTC Escrow and Local Trading Mobile Marketplace  (Read 1022 times)
waterholeIO (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:32:02 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2021, 02:29:30 PM by waterholeIO

[Deleted]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gwapo

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:40:45 AM

How can you prove that you are the original owner of that account: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/bestCoin ?
Also how can we judge your credibility only through an LBC account.

Btw, you have not satisfied 14 of your clients resulting in blocking you and 52 neutral feedbacks.
So ts better if you establish a firm base here in this forum before offering such service because we already have better and most trusted services already available and are highly credible.
waterholeIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 06:58:02 PM

Hi everyone,

We uploaded a video to demonstrate how easy and fast the buying process is on the Waterhole app, take a look!

https://youtu.be/GO2QGDg5sqE
ucjobs

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 07:27:47 AM

I am only care about the security now
ucjobs

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 07:02:37 AM

What do you think about bitfinex? What is your solutions about security
waterholeIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 04:50:42 AM

Hi ucjobs, thank you for your questions.

Your wallet is partially stored and protected on the cloud on Amazon AWS for increase ins security against DDoS, built-in redundancy systems, double data encryption, and active monitoring of the servers. Also, we also store a portion of the wallet offline in a cold wallet. There are also multi-sig keys which are splitted into different parts and physically stored in 3-5 bank safes in different countries. The backend programs, which are developed in house, were built to keep an eye on both the hot wallets and cold wallets transactions which also sends live alerts to our administrators once an abnormal transaction is found.

What do you think about bitfinex? What is your solutions about security?
We believe Bitfinex had a great system going on with BitGo in their 2 of 3 key signing of multi-sig. However, being solely reliant upon programs to automatically sign and allow withdrawals are not always the fool-proof countermeasures against hack as any servers, regardless of how secure, can be compromised either by the internal system or by the people.

Our solutions incorporate both in-house programs but also real person checks. This real person checking system is based similarly to Huobi, which incorporates an actual team of real people sitting 24/7 to verify every withdrawal and suspicious activities are alerted to both the administrators and the owner of the account.

You can also check out our latest video instructions on how to set up a selling advertisement and see all the security features a seller can use to protect themselves here:
https://youtu.be/xL8OyGLzUmI
ucjobs

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 07:05:00 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 11:25:56 AM by ucjobs

Hi ucjobs, thank you for your questions.

Your wallet is partially stored and protected on the cloud on Amazon AWS for increase ins security against DDoS, built-in redundancy systems, double data encryption, and active monitoring of the servers. Also, we also store a portion of the wallet offline in a cold wallet. There are also multi-sig keys which are splitted into different parts and physically stored in 3-5 bank safes in different countries. The backend programs, which are developed in house, were built to keep an eye on both the hot wallets and cold wallets transactions which also sends live alerts to our administrators once an abnormal transaction is found.

What do you think about bitfinex? What is your solutions about security?
We believe Bitfinex had a great system going on with BitGo in their 2 of 3 key signing of multi-sig. However, being solely reliant upon programs to automatically sign and allow withdrawals are not always the fool-proof countermeasures against hack as any servers, regardless of how secure, can be compromised either by the internal system or by the people.

Our solutions incorporate both in-house programs but also real person checks. This real person checking system is based similarly to Huobi, which incorporates an actual team of real people sitting 24/7 to verify every withdrawal and suspicious activities are alerted to both the administrators and the owner of the account.

You can also check out our latest video instructions on how to set up a selling advertisement and see all the security features a seller can use to protect themselves here:
https://youtu.be/xL8OyGLzUmI

Thank you for your answers. It seems OK.

I have already registered and followed the step. I have already received the rewards(free bitcoin) from the "early bird faucet" group , too.

I have also shared my exp and happiness to others on bitcointalk , but they seemed to  have no bravery to try it ... it is so sad. I think the APP is very convenient and fluently . I like the IM and the LBS in it . it should be very useful for trading and security I think. Hope more sellers and buyers will use it to make more security and fast transactions
ucjobs

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

Maybe it is a hard work for you guys to let people trust you in the cheating society.
I still think waterhole is a cool app ,maybe better than localbtc for trading. But let people trust you is so hard.
I cannot say there are some “network navy“ here,but this wont help btc in the future. Maybe a big companys support will make it easier.

Hope you guys well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: