June 14, 2024, 02:10:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what you choose ?
Etherium - 3 (18.8%)
Bitcoin - 13 (81.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth and BTC !  (Read 333 times)
Jimbola3 (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:04:22 PM

If bitcoin and etherium had same price level, which coin would you choose and why ?
In my case i am bitcoin forever Cheesy <3
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:10:37 PM

If bitcoin and etherium had same price level, which coin would you choose and why ?
In my case i am bitcoin forever Cheesy <3
first of all there will be way more eth than btc as far as i know so i doubt this is possible though i would go with eth i think as that would mean their market cap would be bigger
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:25:51 PM

let me compare them for you in short.

people are backing up bitcoin while ethereum is only a pump and dump coin that people buy temporarily to get a quick profit. just check the number of full nodes bitcoin has, this is practically zero for ethereum because nobody is running a full node and they all keep ETH temporary to dump it as fast as possible.

bitcoin is decentralized and nobody controls it you never see anything change with bitcoin without consensus, but eth is centralized and it is being controlled by the owner and a handfull of whales from the start. that is why people are calling it dictatorship Smiley as the decision about eth fork was made by one person and he did it without blinking of an eye.

eth doesn't even have a cap, new coins are being created everyday and market is being flooded with them there are 82 million coins available as we speak and this is already 5.4 times more than current bitcoin available supply. a simple supply and demand rule suggest the price of eth should be a lot lower now.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:31:50 PM

#1 You're asking about whether people would prefer Ethereum or Bitcoin in a section of a forum that predominantly talk about Bitcoin and its movements, so you're going to get skewed results.

#2 Ethereum is a massively speculation-based altcoin, and has very little content not offered by Bitcoin aside from smart contracts and heavily favouring coders. There is very little reason for it to get 1/5th of the value Bitcoin has, let alone being the same value, so it is entirely unrealistic to think about such a scenario.
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 04:15:29 PM

bitcoin is the future. etherum has no future. yes if  you want some  big quick profit or quick loss then only use altcoin otherwise it is of no use. many online shops accept btc as payment but you will get no shop that accepts altcoins as payment because they know that altcoins are sure to dump  very early. so why  should we choose a less popular currency which  doesnot have any future ? so  even if in a possible scenario eth price goes head to head with btc then too i would choose bitcoin because it is reliable, popular and accepted worldwide.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:35:00 PM

There is no any possibilty for both to have same price even if we have to imagine it as reality i will choose bitcoin. I have never used ETH myself and even don't have my ETH address other than exchanger ETH addresses.  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:39:20 PM

I'm not hugely keen on the way either coin is governed, but BTC is the real deal and ETH has pretty much proven fuck all so far other than the ability to rise impressively. There's no way I'd risk anything more than play money on it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: