Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The latest self-driven BTC demand?  (Read 1508 times)
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 04:57:14 PM

Avalon team ask for 88 BTC for their mining rig, and they only accept BTC payment. In order to get those BTC, people who do not have so much BTC will have to buy from exchage, and this pushed the exchange price up, and Avalon team will receive at least 88000 BTC in sale

This proved my theory before: A business who only accept BTC payment will become the strong support for BTC exchange price, if their products are highly demanded

But this case is a little bit special, people buying the avalon machine are hoping for a quick ROI, and the return is BTC. Asic mining equipment manufacturing maybe is the only business in BTC economy that can generate such a high return that attract so many investors

Then here is the question: If those ASIC mining companies are continuously raise the price of their mining rig for each new generation products, and they only accept BTC, then the BTC price will continously rise due to shrinking supply of BTC, and the rising price of BTC will create higher and higher demand for ASIC mining equipment.....all self sustained loop, is this long term sustainable? For how long?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

I think it's sustainable so long as there is other, productive activity going on in the bitcoin market that is also growing.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:27:07 PM

Avalon team ask for 88 BTC for their mining rig, and they only accept BTC payment. In order to get those BTC, people who do not have so much BTC will have to buy from exchage, and this pushed the exchange price up, and Avalon team will receive at least 88000 BTC in sale

This proved my theory before: A business who only accept BTC payment will become the strong support for BTC exchange price, if their products are highly demanded

But this case is a little bit special, people buying the avalon machine are hoping for a quick ROI, and the return is BTC. Asic mining equipment manufacturing maybe is the only business in BTC economy that can generate such a high return that attract so many investors

Then here is the question: If those ASIC mining companies are continuously raise the price of their mining rig for each new generation products, and they only accept BTC, then the BTC price will continously rise due to shrinking supply of BTC, and the rising price of BTC will create higher and higher demand for ASIC mining equipment.....all self sustained loop, is this long term sustainable? For how long?

Can someone translate this?

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:18:34 PM

Ehkm.. A rising dollar price per ASIC != a rising bitcoin price per asic. It's entirely possible that you pay the same amount of BTC both when the price is $1,200 or $15,000. So I think your theory that this would cause an ever shorter supply of BTC is flawed.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 08:21:38 PM

Sell Sell Sell!  Grin

DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 08:34:22 PM

Can someone translate this?
From a very old PSA:

I use cocaine
so I can work harder
so I can make more money
so I can buy more cocaine
so i can work harder...

(I think he's saying, in essence, that the BTC price is not sustainable, if mining gear is the only real commerce involving Bitcoin.)

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:35:51 PM

Goes on until the people selling the ASICs need to pay their bills, and sell all those bitcoins for the USD or EUR or CHY or whatever their suppliers and taxmen demand.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 10:52:19 PM

Goes on until the people selling the ASICs need to pay their bills, and sell all those bitcoins for the USD or EUR or CHY or whatever their suppliers and taxmen demand.

Makes some sense!

I suppose that most of the ASIC miners today are holding their coins (they are the true supporters of bitcoin and foresee a price of at least $1K), this is enough to create a shortage of available bitcoin at exchanges, and ASIC companies are also bitcoin enthusiast, they won't sell all of their earned coins to pay back their bill either, so generally the spending is always much less than income in bitcoin's perspective

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: