Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I'm new  (Read 355 times)
cjspiller28 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:25:34 PM

Well this is my first post so hello everybody.   Based on this thread's title, if you actually bothered to open it, I'm willing to bet you're pretty bored right now, so hopefully you would also be kind enough to answer a question that I have.   

For the past year or so, I had only purchased bitcoins towards the purpose of spending them

About a week ago, I decided to invest a little bit so that I could prevent regrets for the rest of my life knowing that I completely missed out on something that I could have done.  That said, even with this little investment, it's human nature to always want more than what you have, so I'll still have regrets that I did not invest more, and I realize it's inevitable at some point I'll catch myself telling my friends something like...  OHHH if I had just deposited $xx,xxx, then I could have made $xxx,xxx and I could have (bought a new house/traveled to all of my dream destinations/partied with 1000 hookers)...

But either way, at some point I will want to exchange these for USD

What service/site offers the lowest rates for direct deposit into my Chase bank account?

Sorry to ask a common question, but this is the newbie forum, and if there is any sort of minimum post count to be able to post in General, your response would count towards that Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 07:41:57 PM

- snip -
What service/site offers the lowest rates for direct deposit into my Chase bank account?
- snip -

Keep in mind that the service with the lowest rate today may not be the service with the lowest rate when you are ready to make the exchange (and may not even exist then).  Also keep in mind that the lowest rate may depend on how much bitcoin you are exchanging.  Some services may offer discounts for larger amounts.

That being said, once of the fastest, easiest services that have a pretty small fee is https://fastcash4bitcoins.com/

You also might want to look at https://localbitcoins.com/ and see if you can find someone nearby willing to exchange cash for your bitcoins with a low fee (I offer to exchange up to $4000 in my area at the current market rate with no fee at all.)

I'm not sure what he fees are at https://coinbase.com/ at the moment, but you might want to take a look.

cjspiller28 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

I appreciate your response.  I think one of the biggest factors for me is trust. 

If the services you mentioned have a good reputation, the fee is not as much of a concern to me.

Can you personally vouch for any of these?  Fastcash4bitcoins.com looks good, but as a webmaster myself, I sometimes have a bias towards long domain names and for some reason I associate long domains with "cheap".  Of course, that's not always the case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: