Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dual Cryptocurrency BTC & ETH, physical  (Read 1688 times)
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:50:54 AM

The Ethereum side has already been funded with 1 ETH.

In that case, i can do another option of not funding the 1 BTC since coin is already funded with 1 ETH.

Okay that will suffice unless there is enough surge on Ethereum economy that I'll have to trade them off. Tongue
But anyways, that will help a lot. Thanks for accepting the offer. Smiley

It would appear not.

If you check the pictures, you will see addresses already engraved on the coin.

I assume these will be the ones loaded with funds.

You didn't quite understood my point.
I know the addresses are engraved. But I do not want to store the coins in those addresses as I do not intend to break the gems and reveal its private key in first place.

Rather, I want them being stored on a different address provided by me so that in case of emergencies I can spend the money without doing anything to the coin.

Gotcha Smiley

That is a great idea for something like this actually.

Personally, I have never peeled off a hologram and redeemed a coin.
Though I'll admit I have been close to doing so Cheesy

I'd get this funded with the address on the coin.

But that's just me Smiley

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
wheresmycoin (OP)

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:53:24 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 01:27:16 PM by wheresmycoin

The Ethereum side has already been funded with 1 ETH.

In that case, i can do another option of not funding the 1 BTC since coin is already funded with 1 ETH.

Okay that will suffice unless there is enough surge on Ethereum economy that I'll have to trade them off. Tongue
But anyways, that will help a lot. Thanks for accepting the offer. Smiley

It would appear not.

If you check the pictures, you will see addresses already engraved on the coin.

I assume these will be the ones loaded with funds.

You didn't quite understood my point.
I know the addresses are engraved. But I do not want to store the coins in those addresses as I do not intend to break the gems and reveal its private key in first place.

Rather, I want them being stored on a different address provided by me so that in case of emergencies I can spend the money without doing anything to the coin.

ok can. Smiley

is that coin made from gold? wow its really interesting image that i ever see. one coin will have 2 both different face. i think it will be sold so expensive and will be precious coin in the world. and i think it will attract more people on the auction.

it's made from 999 silver, with gold and rhodium plating. Image taken from an iphone, this coin itself has many special attractions.
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 01:22:26 PM

opened to pm offers.. Mintage: 1

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 07:36:45 PM

Ok, this is seriously the coolest physical bitcoin I've ever held.

I've got some more pics if you guys are interested... and a cool story, perhaps best shared by wheresmycoin Cheesy

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 08:16:55 PM

that looks totally badass , would love to see some pictures definitely!!!

So that guy is you ? Tongue
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 08:33:15 PM

that looks totally badass , would love to see some pictures definitely!!!

So that guy is you ? Tongue

Yep, I'm that guy.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Liad.Services

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:50:45 PM

I've got some more pics if you guys are interested... and a cool story, perhaps best shared by wheresmycoin Cheesy

Awesome coin!
Mind to tell the final price of this beauty?
I still didn't understand how can you sweep the private keys,I probably missed something.
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:11:30 PM

well hey there Elias you still in China ?  I had no idea that was your coin Smiley  I found this place a couple weeks ago it was just what i needed. Hope your having fun over seas !
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 03:26:03 AM

Here is the original ebay listing for anyone that is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182256123643

thanks

that says closed?
so did someone win or it was closed?
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 04:27:50 AM

Here is the original ebay listing for anyone that is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182256123643

thanks

that says closed?
so did someone win or it was closed?

We decided that the auction was not the best way to go about with the sale.
If you are interested, PM me to make an offer. I'll arrange for shipping & secure transfer.

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 04:35:10 AM

well hey there Elias you still in China ?  I had no idea that was your coin Smiley  I found this place a couple weeks ago it was just what i needed. Hope your having fun over seas !

I'm based out of China right now, but am taking 2 months to travel in Asia  Cool
I'm glad you like the coin!

wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 12:00:57 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 12:35:09 PM by wheresmycoin

Hey, hope you enjoy your short stay here in sg..

It is my pleasure to meet up with Elias, the author of encyclopedia of physical bitcoins and crypto-currencies. It has always been virtual in bitcointalk

for me, i didn't expect to actually meet up in person, he is currently travelling a round trip across in asia/southeast asia starting from china as i write

this post. Even got my booked signed(found its way back to meet its owner again temporary) personally  Shocked We chatted up, he explained/shared to

me about his book, what he's doing currently. etc.. I showed him the dual cryptocurrency.

Nice meeting you here Elias. Cheesy I'm sure you have many stories to share too when you are back..

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 02:32:25 PM

So basically, wheresmycoin ordered a First Print edition of my softcover back in April, but unfortunately, it never arrived.

So I did the obvious thing; I sent him a replacement and came to sign it myself!

World class customer service, if I do say so myself  Wink

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: