Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:24:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Coinbase Customer Service really falling?  (Read 560 times)
Divinespark (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:42:46 AM

Increasingly seeing folks rip into Coinbase's customer experience along the lines below
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4u1wst/i_just_canceled_my_coinbase_account/
Are any more of you on here seeing this happen as well?

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smho_16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:46:07 AM

Increasingly seeing folks rip into Coinbase's customer experience along the lines below
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4u1wst/i_just_canceled_my_coinbase_account/

I think you are a bit late on the news. There are a lot of threads regarding how bad Coinbase wallet is in the service section. A lot of people there are furious against Coinbase as they have closed or banned their accounts. Its of no good to keep your money in an online wallet since there are other people who are making decisions for you like closing your account for example. I have heard from many members here , the knowledgeable ones that they use desktop wallets so I think you should move on them too. I have moved on Multibit Classic for myself.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:47:21 AM

The same as you, I have read numerous complaints about their customer support and how useless they appear to be, it is essential for any company really of any size be it large or small to have good customer service especially in this day and age where people take to forums to let others know about their experience.

Coinbase will ultimately lose out as people will just go elsewhere.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:49:16 AM

Coinbase just recently added Eth and I guess that's in their hopes of adding more clients in their site. Problem with Coinbase is they have a lot of restriction making clients look for other site for their Business.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 10:28:25 AM

I've been using Coinbase for a while now and I don't have any complaints about the service they provide but I have to agree that their support is rather poor, I know what that guy on Reddit is talking about. They sent me an email and I responded. I waited 2 days before I received the reply below:

"Thank you for contacting Coinbase Support! Unfortunately, we are experiencing a tremendous volume of support requests, and have not been able to answer your ticket in a reasonable amount of time.
If this is still a priority for you and you have been unable to find a solution in our Support Center (https://support.coinbase.com), simply reply to this email with a note that you still need help (you don’t need to re-explain the issue you’re experiencing), and we will do our best to address it as soon as possible. If your issue has been resolved please do not reply to this email.
We have been experiencing rapid growth and are quickly expanding our support team to match. Thank you for your patience during this time and for your continued support while we grow
!"

As much as I love Coinbase, they really need to do something about their support.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:49:22 AM

It's probably no better or worse than plenty of other places but crypto people are paranoid and vocal so we hear more about it. I wouldn't use somewhere like that for anything other than instantly withdrawn purchases.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:55:18 AM

I think that's not something that is a problem, because coinbase is one of the sites that provide safeguards super tight and do very strict selection. So there are only a few people escaped from the selection, and I see he may indeed include people who break the rules coinbase
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:56:39 AM

I do not recommend using coinbase as a wallet. Because trusting your funds with a thirdparty is not safe. They have full control over your private keys and you dont
The only benefit for it is their exchange although they support a little number of countries
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:13:35 AM

I've heard these reports as well. I've had a coinbase account for maybe 3 years now with no problems, but I've never needed to use customer support and I don't keep much money with them anymore.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
khalized

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:29:07 PM

This thread belongs to service discussion section.

Same here. My account got closed out of no reason whatsoever. I asked them for the exact reason and they didn't even provide a solid evidence to their false allegations.

Coinbase is basically the worst bitcoin service ever found n my life!

I think that's not something that is a problem, because coinbase is one of the sites that provide safeguards super tight and do very strict selection. So there are only a few people escaped from the selection, and I see he may indeed include people who break the rules coinbase

That means they do not provide freedom to their users. This is not what bitcoin was discovered for.
Coinbase is basically centralizing the bitcoin.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:11:13 AM

I wonder which persons use still Coinbase from here. Probably noobs and people who don't care at all about their anonymity. That's too bad cause as I have said several other times you are relying on a third party to hold the bitcoins for you in the case of Coinbase without you having the private keys which means without you holding the bitcoins. That's not a very practical thing to do if you ask me. Beside that will all that verification they need what's the point of using bitcoin ? Bitcoin was created to be a decentralized currency while Coinbase wants to make it centralized, acting like a bitcoin bank adding to the user a lot of restrictions.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 07:22:49 AM

This thread belongs to service discussion section.

Same here. My account got closed out of no reason whatsoever. I asked them for the exact reason and they didn't even provide a solid evidence to their false allegations.

Coinbase is basically the worst bitcoin service ever found n my life!

That means they do not provide freedom to their users. This is not what bitcoin was discovered for.
Coinbase is basically centralizing the bitcoin.

Yeah their service is bit malicious now and there are so many issue throwing to them thats why its not very recommended for now to use their service and for newbies really they should not use coinbase since there company had shaddy anomality behinding on their service,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: