Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is buying above $13? Manipulation or Market?  (Read 8582 times)
LeonGeeste

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:51:48 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2011, 02:29:32 AM by LeonGeeste

yesterday was panic selling. i did buy at 12. now its going back to normal 15+ possibly a new all time high. then im selling the ons i buyed at 12

you noob just don't understand whats panic, and whats is normal. Cheesy

15$ is normal?  Since last week?  Yesterday?  1$ was normal not too long ahhgo.  Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.  This thing fluctuates 20% like its nothing.  Bitcoin could go to .50 tomorrow.

So why are you here?
Or is this another jealous unemployed bum who is mad he didn't buy coins when they were 0.02 a piece

As an active trader in real markets I am finding this a great way to view the thought process of the losing trader and bubble sucker.  I've never seen it presented so clearly before.

I wish there was a real options market on this.  I would put most of my money into long term puts right now. 

I have no motives or money on this,  just bored at work and this is very entertaining.

Wait, are you the "wise bubble-spotter" that tried emailing "Adam" at bitcoin.org to ask if they would implement a possibility to short BTC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 02:07:25 AM

yesterday was panic selling. i did buy at 12. now its going back to normal 15+ possibly a new all time high. then im selling the ons i buyed at 12

you noob just don't understand whats panic, and whats is normal. Cheesy

15$ is normal?  Since last week?  Yesterday?  1$ was normal not too long ahhgo.  Normal is defined by how many more suckers are willing to buy in to this pyramid.  This thing fluctuates 20% like its nothing.  Bitcoin could go to .50 tomorrow.

So why are you here?
Or is this another jealous unemployed bum who is mad he didn't buy coins when they were 0.02 a piece

As an active trader in real markets I am finding this a great way to view the thought process of the losing trader and bubble sucker.  I've never seen it presented so clearly before.

I wish there was a real options market on this.  I would put most of my money into long term puts right now. 

I have no motives or money on this,  just bored at work and this is very entertaining.

Wait, are you the "wise bubble-spooter" that tried emailing "Adam" at bitcoin.org to ask if they would implement a possibility to short BTC?
LOL. Doug Casey's technical advisor.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
LeonGeeste

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:28:43 AM

Wait, are you the "wise bubble-spooter" that tried emailing "Adam" at bitcoin.org to ask if they would implement a possibility to short BTC?
LOL. Doug Casey's technical advisor.

Cheesy
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:53:57 AM

The bitcoin has consistently demonstrated that it will go lower and continue to reach new lows. Yet, it is currently trading close to $15 dollars.

Who would be buying at these prices?

What i think is either speculators are only buying to try and sell at a small spread, so they do not care what the price is, as they will sell very short term.

Manipulators are trying to maintain price and are trying to keep the price high so that they can build confidence in bitcoin and sell the majority of their bitcoins higher?

Your average investor just thinks bitcoins are worth it, and are buying them up.

I can not see the average investor buying bitcoins at this price, knowing that it will most likely continue a downward trend, and they could also wait a few days and buy low.

So what is going on? What is causing the price to continue going higher after it has been hitting new lows? Or how I would like to put it, who is dumb enough to buy at $15 now, when it was just $11 yesterday, and will probably hit that again very shortly?

You're just so stupid.
minerops

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 05:32:26 AM

BTC made Time... i think the speculators are just getting started

JHJ 420
syb3ria

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:08:50 AM

Just wait and see what will happen when really good speculators from the money markets come around...
TheMalon

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:11:29 PM

The bitcoin has consistently demonstrated that it will go lower and continue to reach new lows. Yet, it is currently trading close to $15 dollars.

Who would be buying at these prices?

What i think is either speculators are only buying to try and sell at a small spread, so they do not care what the price is, as they will sell very short term.

Manipulators are trying to maintain price and are trying to keep the price high so that they can build confidence in bitcoin and sell the majority of their bitcoins higher?

Your average investor just thinks bitcoins are worth it, and are buying them up.

I can not see the average investor buying bitcoins at this price, knowing that it will most likely continue a downward trend, and they could also wait a few days and buy low.

So what is going on? What is causing the price to continue going higher after it has been hitting new lows? Or how I would like to put it, who is dumb enough to buy at $15 now, when it was just $11 yesterday, and will probably hit that again very shortly?

You're just so stupid.

"You're just so stupid." is a sentence used only between the same kind of people ... Because the others don't need to say it ... they just make you feel so!
Ciao.
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:47:31 PM

Yes It is very interesting times, I can't help  but keep checking the price of the bitcoin. I must admit, part of me wants it to go lower because I missed the boat on this one.

I'm willing to bet that's pretty common around the forums.

Narcissism and jealousy are the modern day plague. If you can't have it then nobody should.

I already admitted in a post on this thread earlier, I think the bitcoin can have potential. Just not at $15 right now. Low single digits is where it would be a decent investment. That is where I think the risk/reward level is. Paying $15 right now is too much considering all the risks, and for the main fact that it keeps hitting new lows (AFTER THE  $30 PEAK).
If I had known of bitcoin when it was in the single digits, even before it went above $10, I would have bought.

What surprises me is that every time it hits a new LOW it bouces back. It seems that the best way to play bitcoin is  to buy when it hits a new low, and then sell during the bounce back. I would think this would not work after this happened so many times. I would think people would be onto this easy way to make profit.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
5grainsilver

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:59:59 PM

Let's see if $10 holds on this next push down.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 06:12:18 PM

If I had known of bitcoin when it was in the single digits, even before it went above $10, I would have bought.

Haha, no you would've not. You would've started a topic "Who is buying above $1? Manipulation or Market?" and give all of the same reasoning about volatility going from 0.1 to $1 and back. Absolute value of bitcoin means nothing. Right now it's at $15 level. You can not judge whether it's high or low because that is what it costs now. You better understand it now, or you will have some very hard time understanding $100 per BTC later.

i am satoshi
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:03:05 PM

You can not judge whether it's high or low because that is what it costs now. You better understand it now, or you will have some very hard time understanding $100 per BTC later.
lol?

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 07:56:23 PM

lol?

Not lol. I'm afraid that if market prices BTC at $100, OP's head will explode.

i am satoshi
Tronlet

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:27:45 PM

lol?

Cool then, let's commit murder together. I have quite a few bitcoin I'm willing to sell at 100 dollars each, set up a buy order and we can initiate them simultaneously and skyrocket the market. Sound good?

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:32:23 PM

Cool then, let's commit murder together. I have quite a few bitcoin I'm willing to sell at 100 dollars each, set up a buy order and we can initiate them simultaneously and skyrocket the market. Sound good?

thanks I just bought quite a lot at 13.50 so the extra margin of 86.50 that you ask for would be unfounded at this point in time.

i am satoshi
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 07:24:21 PM

Just sold at $14.5 after buying at 14, made a quick little pocket full of change and now I'll look to buy again if it dips a little more this weekend. I'd like to get in below $14 so I ca maximize the number of BTC I have with the cash I put in (which wasn't much).
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

lol?

Hey you still up for the offer? Smiley

i am satoshi
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:00:50 PM

lol?

You bumped a thread 5 years old lol, I read the first comments and are very interesting to read them how people were panic selling at 15 dollars, most of them now are high rank like Legendary, at the current price I think a similar coin is ethereum.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:18:43 PM

lol?

You bumped a thread 5 years old lol, I read the first comments and are very interesting to read them how people were panic selling at 15 dollars, most of them now are high rank like Legendary, at the current price I think a similar coin is ethereum.

I know right, interesting to recall people discussing whether $13 or $15 is a good price to get into bitcoin Smiley Like, seriously, making a decision. The only good decision back then was to buy all you can at any price.

As for Ethereum, I do not know. I personally sold all of mine because a coin that rollbacks several weeks for no real reason is a crapcoin with no future, but that's just HO Smiley

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: