Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of actual trades?  (Read 484 times)
dendory (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:25:31 AM

I'm a freelance worker (I do content creation, online marketing, graphics, etc for companies) and am thinking of accepting BTCs which is why I'm researching the subject, being new to this currency. What strikes me is that so many people seem to be focusing on investing or doing speculative trading, but there is very little actual real goods trades going on, where people use Bitcoins to buy and sell products or services. Any currency is valued based on offer and demand, but right now there is very little demand for BTCs, am I wrong? It seems to me that we should be focused on trying to get more companies to accept bitcoins in order to ensure the future growth of the currency.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 12:30:41 AM

I'm a freelance worker (I do content creation, online marketing, graphics, etc for companies) and am thinking of accepting BTCs which is why I'm researching the subject, being new to this currency. What strikes me is that so many people seem to be focusing on investing or doing speculative trading, but there is very little actual real goods trades going on, where people use Bitcoins to buy and sell products or services. Any currency is valued based on offer and demand, but right now there is very little demand for BTCs, am I wrong? It seems to me that we should be focused on trying to get more companies to accept bitcoins in order to ensure the future growth of the currency.

Reddit accepts payment in bitcoin.
Wordpress accepts payment in bitcoin.
Archive.org accepts payment in bitcoin.
TVTorrents.com accepts payment in bitcoin.
TheBitcoinStore.com accepts payment in bitcoin.
SatoshiDice accepts and makes payment in bitcoin.
4chan accepts payment in bitcoin.
Most SR vendors accept payment in bitcoin.

Somewhere around here I've seen a rather extensive list posted of where bitcoins can be spent.

Are you sure that "there is very little demand for BTCs" and "there is very little actual real goods trades going on"??

Have you even seen either of the following:

Goods

Services
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: