Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:08:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New S9 not connecting to network.  (Read 596 times)
jds1119 (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:16:13 AM

This is what I sent to Bitmain just know but hoping someone can help me before them.

I just recieved my S9 about 36 hours ago. I connect and hook it up like all my other miners before. I have had about 25 different Antminers. It took a bit to coneect to the network, I had to use different wires but it eventually connect, it ran for about 6 hours and stopped hashing, but stayed powered on. Now I cant get it back on my network with my other machines. I have reset my router and switches. I have tried to reset the miner by the button on the front and nothing works. The mach powers up and seemed to be working fine but it wont connect to the network nor will cgminer start. I have attached a YouTube video, I removed the front plate but have not disassembled the miner at all. I need to know what needs to be done. Do I need a new controller?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBOCCsmc2k

I will tip anyone that can help me.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flameruk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 03:17:44 PM

Im only three days in with my S9 and I had a bumpy start.
I dont know much about the S9 yet as Im upgrading from S7's so im no expert.

First, I had trouble changing the IP to a static one.
Booting up was troublesome and I had network connection errors and could not get it to mine.
During boot up the "Error" light flashes until the miner starts.

In the end I swapped both PSU's out (i use 2 X 1300W PSU) with two from an S7 that gets very little hardware errors.
This seemed to solve all my problems and the S7 works just fine with the PSU's that were on the S9.

Its ran continually now for 1 Day, 22 Hrs and 35 Mins.
Fingers crossed that it continues to hash OK.

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
GrumpyBear2

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:38:08 AM

This is what I sent to Bitmain just know but hoping someone can help me before them.

I just recieved my S9 about 36 hours ago. I connect and hook it up like all my other miners before. I have had about 25 different Antminers. It took a bit to coneect to the network, I had to use different wires but it eventually connect, it ran for about 6 hours and stopped hashing, but stayed powered on. Now I cant get it back on my network with my other machines. I have reset my router and switches. I have tried to reset the miner by the button on the front and nothing works. The mach powers up and seemed to be working fine but it wont connect to the network nor will cgminer start. I have attached a YouTube video, I removed the front plate but have not disassembled the miner at all. I need to know what needs to be done. Do I need a new controller?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBOCCsmc2k

I will tip anyone that can help me.

Thanks

One of my S9's had the same issue. It was the BB board (black board on top of the controller with the network connector) that had to be replaced. Bitmain warranty asked me to swap it out with one from a working miner to trouble shoot (verify) the problem. Once I verified the problem I filled out a warrenty repair ticket and sent it back to Bitmain and they sent me a new one. Took about two weeks total to get it up and running again.
You will have to pay shipping one way and they will pay return shipping. FedEx was cheaper than UPS to China ($80.00).

Let me know if you need anymore info.  Good luck!
jds1119 (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:47:16 AM

Thanks, that what I thought. I had to replace boards on my s7 before but this was my first s9. It suck that I have to wait, but oh well. Thanks for the input I'm still waiting to hear from Bitmain and I think I have to wait until Monday. I did try to put an S7 board on it but that wouldn't let me upgrade to the s9 firmware.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: