Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius bitcoins and eBay  (Read 1082 times)
kalinka (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:42:37 AM

I see these selling on ebay for WAYY more then the 1.25 BTC value. I was wondering, are these physical coins subject to scamming the same way that digital bitcoins are? What I'm wondering is if I buy these and try to sell later, will I likely be scammed by chargebacks?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTC Books

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:47:44 AM

I see these selling on ebay for WAYY more then the 1.25 BTC value. I was wondering, are these physical coins subject to scamming the same way that digital bitcoins are? What I'm wondering is if I buy these and try to sell later, will I likely be scammed by chargebacks?

WTF?

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:50:42 AM

WTF?
He means that when you sell intangible bitcoins you will get chargeback most of the times. It might be safer to sell physical bitcoin but nothing is 100% safe with eBay.
BTC Books

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:56:28 AM

WTF?
He means that when you sell intangible bitcoins you will get chargeback most of the times. It might be safer to sell physical bitcoin but nothing is 100% safe with eBay.

Oh, right - I see that now.  That must be why the markups are so insane.  I never could figure out why people would offer BTC at prices like that; or why anyone would even consider buying them.

TooCasual

Activity: 114

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:06:54 AM

The value is souvenir value.  Which is pretty cool in my opinion.  If you don't like it don't buy em.

Cas does a great job in his industry.  It's not like your going to "invest" your BTC portfolio in physical coins anyways.

Just think of its nostalgia for the future.. Cheesy  The gold and silver ones are gooder and bestest.

TC
BTC Books

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:10:21 AM

The value is souvenir value.  Which is pretty cool in my opinion.  If you don't like it don't buy em.

Cas does a great job in his industry.  It's not like your going to "invest" your BTC portfolio in physical coins anyways.

Just think of its nostalgia for the future.. Cheesy  The gold and silver ones are gooder and bestest.

TC

Oh, I get the CasCoin thing - but his markup isn't as bad as some of those sellers on eBay.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: