Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Bitcoin Core Wallet, I can't get my coins  (Read 1711 times)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 08:39:49 PM

Hey knightdk!

Sorry to bother you again! I just wanted to let you know that Bitcoin Qt was fully synched with the network and it seems to work like a charm, so thanks again for that.
Also, and hopefully the last time I'll bother you, would have any tuto I could use to protect as much as possible my wallet?
Well I don't know of any such tutorial. However, protecting your bitcoin is very easy. Just encrypt your wallet with a long, strong passphrase. Then make a backup of your wallet every 100 transactions. This will make sure that your bitcoin is secure.

And last, I couldn't find a section in the forum about the Blockchain, rather than Bitcoin per se... Would you know any intelligible and serious forum?

Many thanks as usual for your valuable help and all the best!
There isn't really discussion of blockchains per se, since bitcoin and the blockchain are inherently linked and reliant on each other. The blockchain is basically the bitcoin protocol, so to discuss the blockchain would really be technical discussion about bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ardzii (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:00:30 PM

Hey knightdk!

Sorry to bother you again! I just wanted to let you know that Bitcoin Qt was fully synched with the network and it seems to work like a charm, so thanks again for that.
Also, and hopefully the last time I'll bother you, would have any tuto I could use to protect as much as possible my wallet?
Well I don't know of any such tutorial. However, protecting your bitcoin is very easy. Just encrypt your wallet with a long, strong passphrase. Then make a backup of your wallet every 100 transactions. This will make sure that your bitcoin is secure.

And last, I couldn't find a section in the forum about the Blockchain, rather than Bitcoin per se... Would you know any intelligible and serious forum?

Many thanks as usual for your valuable help and all the best!
There isn't really discussion of blockchains per se, since bitcoin and the blockchain are inherently linked and reliant on each other. The blockchain is basically the bitcoin protocol, so to discuss the blockchain would really be technical discussion about bitcoin.

Again and as usual thanks Andrew! (I visited your page Hahahaha! I'm Martin btw)
The blockchain is basically the bitcoin protocol, so to discuss the blockchain would really be technical discussion about bitcoin.
I'm sure I understand... From what I read, the blockchain is more of the "technology" behind Bitcoin and is currently being used for projects such as Hyperledger, sawtooth lake and the one from IBM (can't remember the name). That's what I'm referring to by "Blockchain"... I'm actually currently trying to get through sawtooth lake's tuto but I fear that I might be too noob for that stuff... Anyway I'll try to get through it, we'll see.
The objective for me is to create a "personal" marketplace.

Looking forward to reading you! All the best,

Martin

PS. I hope you don't mind me using your real name (if so, tell me and I'll EDIT this post).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: