Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Faucet revenue  (Read 589 times)
cryptobeat (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:35:30 PM

This is just a kind reminder from a faucet owner to faucet users:

Click the ADs when you visit a faucet.  Smiley

It doesn't cost you anything, but will help keep the faucet alive. If you are worried you'll pick up unwanted adware or malware from clicking the ads, don't be. Ad networks are watching out for viruses and malware so there is really low chance of ever picking up something.

If you want to be double sure that you're safe here are a couple of tips:

- to avoid giving ad networks your ad clicking data -> browse the web in "INCOGNITO" mode (all browsers have this option)
- scan your computer regularly with adware/malware cleaning tools like JRT, CCleaner, AdwCleaner and similar (just head over to bleepingcomputer.com for more info about these tools -> read about them before using them)
- after using faucets clean your browser history to clean any leftovers and tracking data

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sabotag3x
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 2171

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:46:39 PM

It doesn't cost you anything, but will help keep the faucet alive. If you are worried you'll pick up unwanted adware or malware from clicking the ads, don't be. Ad networks are watching out for viruses and malware so there is really low chance of ever picking up something.

- to avoid giving ad networks your ad clicking data -> browse the web in "INCOGNITO" mode (all browsers have this option)
- scan your computer regularly with adware/malware cleaning tools like JRT, CCleaner, AdwCleaner and similar (just head over to bleepingcomputer.com for more info about these tools -> read about them before using them)
- after using faucets clean your browser history to clean any leftovers and tracking data

1 - Faucet users visit a LOT of pages, if they stop to click on every ads, well, imagine the hell..
2 - Ads are paid for advertises, if you just click and close, they are wasting money
3 - some Ads companies don't check against virus/malwares and some anti malwares don't catch then all
4 - Faucets are waste of time and with all those bots around, soon wiil be to faucet owners too

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:22:16 PM

But I am not so convinced that the current low payments offered by faucets really worth the effort. Besides there are some more intelligent faucet owners that have found interesting ways to finance their faucets, it is just a matter of finding alternatives.
torbente

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:05:21 AM

Faucets bussiness model: fill captcha and claim, is over. It was good when adsens allows faucets, but not now, without a good add network supporting faucets.
Faucets must change, not the users. Im a faucet owner and i believee that if i need ask my users to click on the adds, then something is wrong in my bussiness model.

Think on this: when faucets owners stills uses adsense, they were looking for the "faucet hunters"; in those days, only with the CPM the faucet was profitable. But this scenario changes without adsense. I dont want faucet hunters in my page! They NEVER will be profitable without adsense. They only asks for higher payments, and they dont care if a faucet got broke! I want bitcoin users and enthusiasts, and to get this, i need offer more than just some satoshis.

cryptobeat (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:31:53 AM

This is all really true what you all are saying. But in my case, I don't have just a regular faucet built from a script. I've built my own faucet from ground up. It is a game faucet where you can play games to earn satoshis (currently only tetris, but I'm making a new game as we speak). And even though my user base is getting larger every day, my ad revenue (which is the only income, unless you're planing on donating... No? Didn't think so Smiley ) is close to 0. Sure, my faucet is operational for just one week, but I really doubt things will change. So, just tell me, what must I change? I'm currently devoting most ofy free time to build new features and games for my faucet. What more can I do? Smiley
cleverlittleme

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:51:26 AM

The problem is that I do not trust most of the ads I see on faucets.
Risking my computer health for those low amounts I get there would be just foolish.
torbente

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:20:48 AM

This is all really true what you all are saying. But in my case, I don't have just a regular faucet built from a script. I've built my own faucet from ground up. It is a game faucet where you can play games to earn satoshis (currently only tetris, but I'm making a new game as we speak). And even though my user base is getting larger every day, my ad revenue (which is the only income, unless you're planing on donating... No? Didn't think so Smiley ) is close to 0. Sure, my faucet is operational for just one week, but I really doubt things will change. So, just tell me, what must I change? I'm currently devoting most ofy free time to build new features and games for my faucet. What more can I do? Smiley

I would say you: offering games do not catch people interested in cryptos, it would catch: a) players, b) the same "faucet hunters" all faucets have (specially if you offer single player games) claiming your money meanwhile they have fun (faucet hunters NEVER click on ads) They "trust" in your site, but not in the ads you offer, because they get a profit from you, not from the ads.

We believe that is time to Faucets 2.0, it minds, claiming satoshis must not be the primary reason for your users to visit your site, it must be just like another content.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:31:24 PM

It's not adviced because Ads networks ban site owners that encourage site visitors to click ads for nothing. So, you won't earn anything from Ads nwtworks and will lost the income from them... Just encourage your faucet users to click ads if they are really interested on that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:03:21 PM

It's not adviced because Ads networks ban site owners that encourage site visitors to click ads for nothing. So, you won't earn anything from Ads nwtworks and will lost the income from them... Just encourage your faucet users to click ads if they are really interested on that.

The best thing for everyone is to click if you see an ad you are actually interested in.

bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:20:45 PM

I always thought those banner adds that have the captcha image on them were clever, although scandalous but still clever.

HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:32:54 PM

I have seen some ad automatically being clicked if i place my cursor on anywhere on the screen, be it an input box. I have no idea how it works though.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:48:10 PM

Actually lots of ads have malware on them and download content. Tbh, people should click on ads only when they are interesting in ad content and faucet owners should find new way to make money from faucets
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 09:36:58 PM

I never click adverisement if I don't interested in it. Clicking ads to support faucet is not good thing. First, it can cause ban for faucet owner from ad network due to fake clicks. Secondly, imagine if you are advertiser, you spend lot of money for advertising and all you getting is fake clicks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: