Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:49:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC on Polo  (Read 7222 times)
woodson (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:09:32 AM

Magically appeared Ethereum Classic.  Pandamonium...
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:43:50 AM

What's ETC, i can't understand it... plz explain it , ty
Mokuton

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:53:25 AM

What's ETC, i can't understand it... plz explain it , ty

The original Ethereum before the hard fork/pre-forked. The clean one, basically the virgin ethereum lol
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:10:49 AM

and what is the point exactly?

Is someone going to run with it and use it as a new alt?  I am pretty happy that it is there, as I was holding ETH at the time of the fork, but I don't know if it is worth holding ETC or selling now for some free money.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:16:34 AM

ETC needs to still exist for contracts to be fulfilled. The new ETH needs a mechanism to cancel any contract that someone doesn't want to participate in. No court in the world is going to support a requirement that an individual fulfill a contract twice.
Mokuton

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:23:50 AM

Is someone going to run with it and use it as a new alt?  I am pretty happy that it is there, as I was holding ETH at the time of the fork, but I don't know if it is worth holding ETC or selling now for some free money.

Because not a lot of people agree with the hard fork, it was basically a bail out. The media made it seem like it was an unanimous decision, but behind the curtains a lot of people disagreed, but had no choice , until given the choice of Ethereum classic. It's about having a choice, sticking to the core values and decentralization of eth, plus switching to ETHC right now is more profitable lol  Tongue
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:31:24 AM

So can the hacker and those that he paid off now cash out through ETC?

Surely only the part of the chain that was rolled back will be lost from ETH, all contracts made before then should still be there.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:32:04 AM

You're suggesting the original is the new alt? It's actually the newly forked chain that is new.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 08:29:28 AM

I thought there was full consensus that the new one would be used, does this mean people are still mining on the old chain and that we now have 2 eths? This was always the fear for doing a bitcoin hardfork that the price would be halved into each coin. maybe this is not such a big deal though.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:30:00 AM

It blows me away how much traction this puppy has already picked up on poloniex.  I wonder what the network hashrate is for ETC?  If it's literally 1/18th or less of ETH it would literally be more profitable to mine it than eth at current polo rates.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:42:39 AM

It blows me away how much traction this puppy has already picked up on poloniex.  I wonder what the network hashrate is for ETC?  If it's literally 1/18th or less of ETH it would literally be more profitable to mine it than eth at current polo rates.

Watch the price of this thing tumble when people wake up and find this on their balance...

Free money is an instant sell for most, especially when the dev team is not actively supporting it and there is potentially someone around that got hold of 5-6 million ETC through the DAO hack...
BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:48:36 AM

Looks like it has already been dumped a lot on Poloniex.  Imagine the irony if the classic chain somehow became more popular?  Cheesy Cheesy
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:50:24 AM

Watch the price of this thing tumble when people wake up and find this on their balance...

Free money is an instant sell for most, especially when the dev team is not actively supporting it and there is potentially someone around that got hold of 5-6 million ETC through the DAO hack...
Hadn't even considered the DAO hack aspect of it. Just kicking myself in the butt for not keeping what few remaining eth I did have on polo at the time of the hard-fork now :/

"Coulda been a contenda!!" :p

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
thelibertycap

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:37:57 AM

Hadn't even considered the DAO hack aspect of it. Just kicking myself in the butt for not keeping what few remaining eth I did have on polo at the time of the hard-fork now :/

"Coulda been a contenda!!" :p

You should be able to send the classic ETH tokens from your wallet without problems. Just use the original code, not the new altcoin one
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:14:39 AM

holy sheeeyit. the plot just got about five million times thicker. i'm not gonna pretend to understand all of the implications, but i do know that your average poloniex trader doesn't either. i'm totally fascinated to see how this pans out.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:19:42 AM

Can i send ethc with the newest Mist wallet, without affecting the eth hard fork coins?

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:45:35 AM

Can i send ethc with the newest Mist wallet, without affecting the eth hard fork coins?

You need to split your eth from etc. Do some reading, before doing this, as you may sell both eth and etc at the same time.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:51:30 AM

Well who cares what goes on to dem shitcoin exchanges.  Thats what shitcoin exchanges do - they add shitcoins.

Aint no rocket science man Smiley

~CfA~

btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:07:39 PM

when i woke up and logged in polo i was like "WTF?! Free money?!!1"
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:09:04 PM

when i woke up and logged in polo i was like "WTF?! Free money?!!1"

U need to log in to polo to wake up and feel like WTF free money ?

I dont need to log in to polo to have that feeling my friend.

~CfA~

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: