Print  
Author Topic: Scammed  (Read 510 times)
rudarSRB (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:53:31 AM

What happened:: Got scammed for 8$

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=880981

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1562727
Amount Scammed: 8$
Payment Method: Paypal
Proof of Payment: soon
PM/Chat Logs:soon
Additional Notes: soon

He first send me 2$ via bitcoin, when i did try to send him 2$ as gift i saw i need to pay 40 cents fees Huh so i have just send him all 10$ in 1 row, after he quickly locked the topic and no reply me anymore

In another topic he try to sell trackers and he delete each time my reply where i warn about him

I will soon upload the paypal screenshots when i reach home!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:12:52 AM

when i opened scammer profile link ......, BAM! he's a newbie. Never doing bussiness with newbie,like tomatocage said
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers.  Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Anyway, watch out for the typical behavior from scammers who will usually fit at least two or three (and sometimes even more) of the following characteristics:

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself).
1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)

i want to see all of your proofs
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:18:02 AM

It's a paypal transaction. You can chargeback if the guy didn't paid what is meant to be paid in your transaction. Even if it is sent as a gift I think there is a way to dispute it (base on what others have told me).
rudarSRB (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:18:20 AM

when i opened scammer profile link ......, BAM! he's a newbie. Never doing bussiness with newbie,like tomatocage said
Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers.  Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Anyway, watch out for the typical behavior from scammers who will usually fit at least two or three (and sometimes even more) of the following characteristics:

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself).
1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)

i want to see all of your proofs

Roll Eyes yes when i reach home i will upload them
rudarSRB (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:19:30 AM

It's a paypal transaction. You can chargeback if the guy didn't paid what is meant to be paid in your transaction. Even if it is sent as a gift I think there is a way to dispute it (base on what others have told me).

Yes but then i would need to lie to paypal because i have send it as gift, it's a waste of time for just 8$ he know he is gulity because now he even closed his other sales topic.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 09:19:52 AM

You should not have dealt with a newbie. More so what is the point of opening a scam accusation thread if your proofs are coming SOON? You might as well make a soon to be scammed post...  Roll Eyes I would wait for both sides story before judging. You are the more senior member, you should have know the risks. You can always charge back if what you say is true that he scammed you.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:24:28 AM

In another topic he try to sell trackers and he delete each time my reply where i warn about him
You could atleast write on his feedback so you could warn people. He cannot delete that.

Even if you prove that he scammed you, the decision of you getting back your money is still based on the other party. I find it amusing that you (the one who's using Paypal) is the one who got scammed. It's usually the person who's trying to trade his Paypal to BTC who scams people.

More so what is the point of opening a scam accusation thread if your proofs are coming SOON? You might as well make a soon to be scammed post...  Roll Eyes
Humor is so hard on this one. Made my day.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

rudarSRB (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:28:52 AM

He will never come to this topic to tell us his side of the story he is online but he not pass by.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:43:04 AM

He will never come to this topic to tell us his side of the story he is online but he not pass by.
If you provide the proof from your side someone from DT can give him a negative feedback which will warn others.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:44:42 AM

You could atleast write on his feedback so you could warn people. He cannot delete that.
it's useless, because that scammer is newbie. He'll make another new account for scam other people again. The best things which we can do now just avoid deal with newbie like numanoid said, or always use escrow when dealing with newbie. For OP, sorry for your loss.
rudarSRB (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:53:18 AM

If you provide the proof from your side someone from DT can give him a negative feedback which will warn others.

Waste of time his accounts is worth 0.00$ anyway.

I accept the lost of this money it was my own fault i just close this for future spam.
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:05:09 PM

You were wrong to send him the extra $8, just to save on fees, now instead of "losing" $0.40, you lost $8. Just don't mention bitcoin to Paypal, or they will close both your accounts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: