Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth Classic opened the way for Bitcoin Classic fork  (Read 2837 times)
freshman777 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 03:05:22 PM

The minds and hearts of Bitcoin users are prepared. The devil is not so scary as was depicted, forks can happen and the world keeps spinning. Change of algo has to happen in the Bitcoin fork though, because the 3 chinese miners will 51% attack the fork they disagree with to make their profits good again.
Proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563496.0

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:08:41 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2016, 10:39:18 AM by BitcoinNational

if $ETH had a successful fork, maybe
but it already is project FAIL, consensus my ass

besides $ETH was the we must fork crowd BTC, fuck it will make our own coin, and fork it too!

odds are very low of getting support now for another round of 'lets fork BTC'; and the consequences of if they do that are very evident.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:16:41 PM

i think this shitstorm has only just started to whirl. it's gonna take a few weeks or months before we can figure out the effects. i'm not so sure they're going to be beneficial to either strain of eth.

it's real nice of the eth crowd to show everyone else what happens in this type of situation without them having to risk their money. a hard fork that benefits everyone with almost universal agreement is one thing and i can only think of a technical problem that would create those circumstances.
freshman777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 08:12:16 AM

besides $ETH was the we must fork crowd BTC, fuck it will make our own coin, and fork it too!

odds are very low of getting support now for another round of 'lets fork BTC'; and the consequences of do it that very evident.

Why do you think ETH didn't have a successful fork? Did you expect 100% of users to go with the fork? Not going to happen. There was a successful fork and there are two coins now: one is more idealistic, Classic... the other one is perhaps more... flexible. It was a total success, users can now choose which of them is more dear to their own vision of the world. Choice is good. Forking is awesome and should be celebrated.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Alubert

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:54:10 AM

The Ethereum Classic will be attacked to death by the big Etherum holders. They can sell their ETC to 0.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:47:39 PM

odds are very low of getting support now for another round of 'lets fork BTC'; and the consequences of do it that very evident.

Why do you think ETH didn't have a successful fork? Did you expect 100% of users to go with the fork? Not going to happen. There was a successful fork and there are two coins now: one is more idealistic, Classic... the other one is perhaps more... flexible. It was a total success, users can now choose which of them is more dear to their own vision of the world. Choice is good. Forking is awesome and should be celebrated.

since we are not living in a perfect world 100% will never be reached but there should be a good percentage and the rest who disagreed should also be brought on board. that is why they keep talking about Consensus in bitcoin, because if you rush into changing things without it you get things like this; you piss a lot of the users off and then you either are left with two different chains and a divided community or a dead coin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
will on fire

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:35:30 PM

i really happy. Nice alternative to ETH from Vitalik and ko
Alubert

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:14:22 AM

i really happy. Nice alternative to ETH from Vitalik and ko

It depends on the action of the DAO hacker. If he dumps the 3.6 million ETC, the price will be very low.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:42:25 AM

I disagree. When every time a coin forks whenever a part of the community wants something and others don't you will quickly end up with hundreds of forks and the coin and community split all over the place leading to an eventual collapse of the entire ecosystem as it becomes too fractured.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
freshman777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 11:45:39 AM

I disagree. When every time a coin forks whenever a part of the community wants something and others don't you will quickly end up with hundreds of forks and the coin and community split all over the place leading to an eventual collapse of the entire ecosystem as it becomes too fractured.

You exaggerate. Forks once in a while are healthy, they release pressure from the cooker. Unhappy users join the fork that best fits their hopes. Many forks are unlikely, because a fork requires developers to maintain it. Good developers are in very short supply.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:56:04 AM

You exaggerate. Forks once in a while are healthy, they release pressure from the cooker. Unhappy users join the fork that best fits their hopes. Many forks are unlikely, because a fork requires developers to maintain it. Good developers are in very short supply.

I don't think I exaggerate, we will have to wait and see how this whole situation develops further but I don't think as a whole it will end up being advantageous to the community and the forked coin. Good developers are in short supply as you say so better keep the team together, they can and will fracture too.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
freshman777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 12:53:33 PM

I don't think I exaggerate, we will have to wait and see how this whole situation develops further but I don't think as a whole it will end up being advantageous to the community and the forked coin. Good developers are in short supply as you say so better keep the team together, they can and will fracture too.

Ethereum: 2 communities, 2 coins > freedom. Bitcoin: 2 communities, 1 coin > servitude

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:56:27 PM

The Ethereum Classic will be attacked to death by the big Etherum holders. They can sell their ETC to 0.

Really? Would they sell their bitcoin to do the same? It's all money after all...
Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:37:53 PM

People have been forking Bitcoin for years..

twitter.com/erikledgers
1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:40:59 PM

Ethereum classic is not a fork. It's actually working as an argument against forking bitcoin...
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:48:58 PM

Ethereum classic is not a fork. It's actually working as an argument against forking bitcoin...

Agreed. If anything, this a reason NEVER to hardfork. If this is happening with ETH, imagine bitcoin. So much more hash rate floating around. And most of it in the hands of a select few. Things will get very political, very quickly.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:35:15 PM

changed my mind,
BTC will likely fork now ... ETA 18 months.

BTC will remain the "Classic" and likely celebrate the fork and new child.
Cuz they can likely raise $500M for the spin off with supper sized blocks and faster speed.

It will be the reverse of what ETH just did.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:38:57 PM

This.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
freshman777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 09:53:20 PM

changed my mind,
BTC will likely fork now ... ETA 18 months.

BTC will remain the "Classic" and likely celebrate the fork and new child.
Cuz they can likely raise $500M for the spin off with supper sized blocks and faster speed.

It will be the reverse of what ETH just did.  

Good to see you enlightened and celebrating forks.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4005

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:02:35 PM

The minds and hearts of Bitcoin users are prepared. The devil is not so scary as was depicted, forks can happen and the world keeps spinning. Change of algo has to happen in the Bitcoin fork though, because the 3 chinese miners will 51% attack the fork they disagree with to make their profits good again.
Proof: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563496.0

are you kidding? if anything, this mess teaches me NOT to fork, ever.
Who has time to follow this "forking".
also, remember that "old" coins will exist on both chains somehow, until you transact.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: