Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vite Armory Experience  (Read 505 times)
vite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 01:21:07 PM

Ive come to the moment in time when I have to leave the bitcoin-qt client behind and need to be able to manage multi sourced funds without needing to rely on a spreadsheet to know what belongs to who.
Since I already have the bitcoin-qt installed I left in on there cause Armory needs it to work.

So in order to boot up my client I have to 1. Turn on bitcoin-qt(bitcoind) wait till it syncs. 2. Turn on Armory wait for that so sync. I gather the whole process takes about 30 min, price you have to pay for security.

So besides the fact that it takes forever to be functional on the network, 30 min, is a long time. While offline it has a very important function. Creating backups. You have to options a digital and paper. Both are just a click away and easy to do. The digital backup creates a *.wallet file and the paper backup prints a wallet.

Security you can from the moment you create the wallet encrypt the wallet and if you don't encrypt from the start, you always have the option of encrypting the wallet later on (very flexible).

Slow to start up and while trying to sync makes my system act a little quirky, but once its all complete it works smoothly. Yes it does take up a lot of sys resources. But the added security and multiwallet management makes it a great choice.

ToDo(PG taught me how to bold) I am considering the best options for a cold storage wallet which is Armory biggest asset...
Either repurpose and entire system just for armory, or just create a live os thumb drive with armory in it as my cold storage... plus the paper wallet of course.
Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:10:06 PM

Offline armory client will run on a really old/crappy machine. I payed £50 for an old laptop to use for cold storage. Worth it just for convenience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: