Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2024, 11:06:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] BitPCB for hardware hackers  (Read 594 times)
BitPirate (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:44:03 PM

Just putting this out there... for years I ran a small BatchPCB-like operation, arranging fabrication of PCB runs large and small for customers through a supplier here in China. I mainly sold through eBay and my (currently defunct) site, helloproto.com .

Clients would send me Gerber files and I would check them and send a quote, and arrange a batched deal with my manufacturer. Quality was pretty good, and I was able to offer a full range of options (2-layer, two-side silkscreen & resist, different colours, different platings & thicknesses, etc.). Prices were competitive or better than BatchPCB, depending on the size of the order.

The sites are now largely defunct as the strengthening CNY against USD and GBP was forcing me to cut prices, thinning profit margins for a relatively time-consuming job. (checking files, quoting, QC, translation, etc.)

I've spent some time automating the ordering system, however, and think it could be profitable again. I think the Bitcoin & open source hardware community probably intersect quite well, so I'd ideally like to relaunch as a Bitcoin-focused service. There certainly seem to be lots of hardware hackers here.

If I re-opened and focused on Bitcoin-paying customers, would there be much interest for this service? Any questions or suggestions?

instaBoost

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:01:14 PM

what is batchpcb?

Donations: 12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
XRP: rDRho51t4StfNqEWrYKBAteJKyDeo5crZz
stick

Activity: 441
Merit: 268

View Profile