Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:25:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account sales are looking like stop, atleast looks like  (Read 319 times)
Doamader (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:43:39 PM

Well i believe these market is getting cold these days, and for one side it would be good, we that lend the bitcoins we try to sell the account(colateral) to recover the investment, others people are just creating several accounts and dumping them for some bitcoins.
Im not against sales, or i support it, the thing is im watching the market getting frozen soo would accounts still being a safe colateral, as maybe we wont be able to sell the account to recover the investement?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:03:54 PM

This is actually a pretty big issue that I've thought of a few times; considering the ease of creation when it comes to an account and then just the time it takes to level it up (Which may only be a few months for full member) means that the market is easily flooded when it comes to full member accounts. I think that some accounts might be considered as relatively valuable collateral, but it is definitely making the accounts worth less now.
golapani

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:40:36 PM

Well i believe these market is getting cold these days, and for one side it would be good, we that lend the bitcoins we try to sell the account(colateral) to recover the investment, others people are just creating several accounts and dumping them for some bitcoins.
Im not against sales, or i support it, the thing is im watching the market getting frozen soo would accounts still being a safe colateral, as maybe we wont be able to sell the account to recover the investement?
Wrong thread bro in wrong section
Doamader (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:48:16 PM

Well i hope some staff member can moove the thread to the right place, but i believe its already done, anyway. Im concerned as i work with accounts as colateral and i consider my 0,05btc too precious to lend someone that wanna just dump the account, and then try to sell it and not able. And sure thats soo easy to a person make several accounts and then sell them to others, as you said full members are a lot accounts for sale, these days.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:51:42 PM

I'm going to assume we're talking about bitcointalk accounts here.
The value of accounts are still there, even if the trade for accounts seems to be in a 'frozen' state. As long as signature campaigns are alive, the accounts will have it's value.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:39:36 PM

I'm going to assume we're talking about bitcointalk accounts here.
The value of accounts are still there, even if the trade for accounts seems to be in a 'frozen' state. As long as signature campaigns are alive, the accounts will have it's value.

Even without signature campaigns, sold accounts help people trying to scam via taking out no-collateral loans based on trust or just scammers in general.
Most of the time it seems like selling your account is just taking a cut of a loan scam, just without being forced to admit the fact that you're involved in a scam.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Doamader (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:25:42 PM

I believe accounts has its value but as im providing a service and the colateral of the most are accounts, i will lend my bitcoins to someone else and im worryed to be forced to hold those accounts besides the own i got, soo it will be useless atleast for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: