Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:00:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants Casascius coins in the UK?  (Read 2471 times)
HowGudAmI (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:42:01 PM

Hey everyone, I didnt really know where to put this in the forum so I put it here. Sorry if its the wrong place mods.

Basically, Im seeing if anyone from the UK is interested in getting hold of some casascius coins, but they dont have the volume to get a decent price for them (would cost BTC1.65 if you only wanted BTC1 if you went direct).

So my proposition would be to get 1 order direct to a single UK address (I would do this but I understand there may be a trust issue given my relative newness to the forum), taking advantage of reduced costs.

Here is an example,
If we got demand for 10x 1BTC coins then they would cost BTC1.08 each. Postage would add BTC0.15 making the total cost for the order = BTC10.95 (BTC1.095 per coin).

The coins could then be reposted once they hit the UK in jiffy bags which would cost like 50p each or

Postage via royal mail would add £1.85 for recorded signed for first class but that is only insured up to £46 so there is a slight risk involved... Postage with insurance up to £500 costs £5.90 (special delivery).

Here are those prices in BTC;
first class:
special delivery:

Obviously if you wanted 3x 1BTC coins your cost would only involve one lot of postage and 1 jiffy bag... but the price for 1 single coin would be about BTC1.135 via first class or BTC1.229 via special delivery. Im happy to organise the whole thing without charging anything above my costs, but (small) tips would be appreciated for my time.

If there is interest then various details can be hashed out, I will probably have demand for between 1 and 3 x 1BTC coins. If you are from the EU you may still be interested in this chance, as it may still work out cheaper than making your own, small volume order.

I look forward to any replies!.

EDIT: Just to add, if the package were to get stopped and charged by customs on the way into the UK, then it would only be fair to split the cost between all parties equally, so bear in mind that it may cost slightly more than the above prices.

Smiley
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:15:20 PM

Bump.

I would just like to clarify here that if there is a lack of interest here because of a trust issue with me personally (being a noob) then that does not have to be an issue, we can use a more reputable member, escrow etc.

Smiley
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:19:46 PM

Have you got any of the larger coins?

specifically the 10BTC rounds?

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:44:51 PM

Have you got any of the larger coins?

specifically the 10BTC rounds?
they are sold out at the moment direct from casascius.
https://www.casascius.com/

But for this order you could obtain anything that he has in stock.

Smiley
bowen151

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:51:05 PM

Yeah thats why I was asking.

I would prefer to order direct from him anyway to be honest, it seems like less hassle.

HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 09:01:38 PM

Yeah thats why I was asking.

I would prefer to order direct from him anyway to be honest, it seems like less hassle.

Thats fine,  Wink .

As stated above though I (or another willing member) would take on the hassle, and everyone else just pays their share.

Either way, It does not look like we can get enough demand here to reach casascius's discounted rates.

Smiley
whitenight639

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:39:15 AM

I might be interested in the paper money with holograms and such, not particularly interested in the coins atm.

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:29:48 PM

I would be interested in seeing Casacius coins in the UK as I'm fed up with the lack of reliable BTC to GBP exchanges in the UK (as the one I used,Intersango isn't working with GBP for nearly a year now,I think)

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:19:10 PM

I would be interested in seeing Casacius coins in the UK as I'm fed up with the lack of reliable BTC to GBP exchanges in the UK (as the one I used,Intersango isn't working with GBP for nearly a year now,I think)

How many coins and what denominations would you possibly be interested in then?...

Casascius has lowered the fee on coins now (due to the exchange rate I imagine) so an example order of 10x1BTC coins cost BTC10.60 instead of BTC10.95. Its a small saving but stil a saving...

Smiley
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:43:40 PM

Sorry guys, I didn't see this in time.  I last week put an order in for 10 x 1BTC pieces.  When all my nephews/nieces/cousins' kids are sorted (I've been doing this for some months now) I'll see what I have left and may sell what I have left.  I do like having them around though so I won't promise.  I enjoyed over the time I've been doing this carrying one or two around in my pocket with my change and receiving inquisitive looks from shopkeepers but they're getting a bit too valuable to risk being damaged by the sterling coin to do that now.  Over Christmass and before I was often even carrying one of the 25s with me and when it got to be worth over £200 that was quite impressive.  But at almost £1,500 it's getting a bit silly for that and I may sell one or two of those in time too.  For now though unfortunately it makes no sense to do anything other than keep them in the safe!

I don't possess any of the silver 10s myself having as soon as I could bought and given those to my nearest and dearest.  Come to think of it I know someone who has a 5BTC piece (just like the 1s) who might be happy to let it go if the price were right.

Now I have written to this thread I will get prompted whenever there are replies so if and when interest is shown I will reconsider my position and maybe let some of the physical go depending on what's offered.
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:02:34 PM

Sorry guys, I didn't see this in time.  I last week put an order in for 10 x 1BTC pieces.  When all my nephews/nieces/cousins' kids are sorted (I've been doing this for some months now) I'll see what I have left and may sell what I have left.  I do like having them around though so I won't promise.  I enjoyed over the time I've been doing this carrying one or two around in my pocket with my change and receiving inquisitive looks from shopkeepers but they're getting a bit too valuable to risk being damaged by the sterling coin to do that now.  Over Christmass and before I was often even carrying one of the 25s with me and when it got to be worth over £200 that was quite impressive.  But at almost £1,500 it's getting a bit silly for that and I may sell one or two of those in time too.  For now though unfortunately it makes no sense to do anything other than keep them in the safe!

I don't possess any of the silver 10s myself having as soon as I could bought and given those to my nearest and dearest.  Come to think of it I know someone who has a 5BTC piece (just like the 1s) who might be happy to let it go if the price were right.

Now I have written to this thread I will get prompted whenever there are replies so if and when interest is shown I will reconsider my position and maybe let some of the physical go depending on what's offered.

Shame that we couldnt have bumped up the order there, but it does not matter now  Tongue .

I am only after 2 or 3 of the 1BTC coins but I am ideally looking to source them as I have suggested in this thread rather than getting them from a reseller at a high markup.

Please do keep us up to date if you ever want to make another order, hopefully we could sort something out.  Cool

Smiley
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:57:27 PM

bump!.

Smiley
j_gillard

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 11:42:57 AM

Check out the site: https://www.casascius.com/
"Ordering directly from Casascius.com is available only by invitation."
He's stopped selling to Joe Public now Sad
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:56:52 PM

Darn it. Looks like prices will only be going up on these things now!.

Smiley
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:10:02 PM

Whoa, that was lucky - I just received my last 10 x 1btc pieces over the weekend.  Maybe it's time to stop playing so fast and loose with them.

I've just had a quick look on ebay.co.uk at what they're going for - http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=casascius&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc - maybe I should have stocked up!!
bowen151

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

I think now is the time when we come together and buy as a conglomerate then maybe.

The next few weeks/months will be a major tell.

HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:24:09 PM

I think now is the time when we come together and buy as a conglomerate then maybe.

The next few weeks/months will be a major tell.

I have demand for 3 x 1BTC, what would your demand be?

If we have enough people I will reach out to casascius and ask him if he will supply a single bulk order to us.

Smiley
bowen151

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:41:18 PM

Id have interest in the higher denominations mainly but I could probs find a buyer for 2 or 3 of the 1BTC's

He is supposed to be releasing the 2013 10BTC coins and also there might be a new version of the 5BTC coin coming out.

So I think its best if I wait to see if they are coming out soon, also maybe for the numbers for higher denom coins to increase here a bit, then we can get on the ball pretty quick once they are released.

HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:39:34 AM

Id have interest in the higher denominations mainly but I could probs find a buyer for 2 or 3 of the 1BTC's

He is supposed to be releasing the 2013 10BTC coins and also there might be a new version of the 5BTC coin coming out.

So I think its best if I wait to see if they are coming out soon, also maybe for the numbers for higher denom coins to increase here a bit, then we can get on the ball pretty quick once they are released.

Sounds like a solid plan!

Smiley
HowGudAmI (OP)

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:41:09 PM

Casascius is auctioning rolls of 50 0.5BTC coins and 1BTC coins RIGHT NOW!. The auctions will end at 22:00 UTC.

I personally dont have the BTC to spend 25BTC on the 0.5 coins or 50BTC on the 1 coins. But I thought I would post it here just incase anyone wants to pool together to make a bid?

I can only go for 4BTC's worth at the moment.

Side note: separate to this venture, me and a couple of others are looking to start a business reselling physical coins in the UK - we are currently in early planning stages and hope to become fully operational later this year. We are not yet at a stage where we can buy a roll of coins.

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: