Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Added Ethereum?  (Read 769 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:10:05 PM

Coinbase recently added an Ethereum wallet and I am curious at so why?
It's not one of the best coins in my opinion as that would be LTC or DOGE that are the best as they are more reputable and Eth was recently hacked!
It would be interesting to know if people have traded with eth on that site yet though and any thoughts on this idea of adding altcoins to the site that seemed to only be liking Bitcoin?
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:00:19 PM

I thought they added ETH a month ago? I've also read that they might be planning to add LTC in the near future. IMO doge are not good enough to be paired with USD. And they might have added ETH first because LTC market is not as active as ETH's and LTC is pretty much at the bottom right now.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:03:53 PM

I thought they added ETH a month ago? I've also read that they might be planning to add LTC in the near future. IMO doge are not good enough to be paired with USD.

If they bought doge and put it on their site, the price would presumably increase as people would have more trust in it and they get greater profits from it?
Though the exchange rate is currently really small!
I only got the notification today that etereum was added so I mayhav mised it while it was in the testing stage when it would have appeared. Or manybe now it is only now avaliable for buying and sellin.
Though it would then become just another exchange if they started adding altcoiins (though it would be more trusted).
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:26:58 AM

The volume of ETH trading is ridiculous. The BTC volume on ETH/BTC is pretty much always above 10,000BTC per day, and there are frequent spikes of volume of above 50,000BTC per day. If you assume that poloinex makes an average of 0.2% on each trade, then they would make at least 20BTC per day, and 100BTC per day (when volume spikes to 50kBTC) in commissions.

This doesn't even take into consideration things like commissions on interest earned that exchanges make more of by allowing trading on their exchanges (those that allow margin at least).

When an exchange can make that much, it really does not make sense not to allow ETH trading.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:39:44 AM

Seems online wallet service has already seen the potential ethereum will be one of the contenders bitcoin in the future though buffeted by bad news about DAO but ethereum slowly back to the right way. if one days blockchain.info will adopted eth, i would create one.
Dark.Angel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:46:49 AM

yes, this is a good news, but we can't create more than one etherium wallet. and the weakness is we cannot change from etherium to bitcoin or bitcoin to etherium
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:52:30 PM

yes, this is a good news, but we can't create more than one etherium wallet. and the weakness is we cannot change from etherium to bitcoin or bitcoin to etherium
You have to move your bitcoin to GDAX which is ethereum trading platform by coinbase and than buy ethereium there which you can withdraw to your coinbase eth wallet. Yes actually coinbase doesn't provide much feature as online wallet however they are easy way to buy/sell bitcoin for lots of american and european customers.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 10:48:24 PM

Where I can find ethereum wallet on Coinbase. I searched for it, but didn't found it. Or maybe it's still unavailable for european users?

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 11:19:13 PM

Where I can find ethereum wallet on Coinbase. I searched for it, but didn't found it. Or maybe it's still unavailable for european users?
I found it from the UK!

It's under the bitcoin wallet but above the wallet of your native language (GBP/EUR/USD whichevery you set it to).
It's unde rthe main account section, also, if you click the account tab located on the pane to the left of the page.

You have to move your bitcoin to GDAX which is ethereum trading platform by coinbase and than buy ethereium there which you can withdraw to your coinbase eth wallet. Yes actually coinbase doesn't provide much feature as online wallet however they are easy way to buy/sell bitcoin for lots of american and european customers.

I think you can change between the two by exchanging the Bitcoin into fiat on their site and then from fiat to ethereum?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 11:41:08 PM

Oh, thanks jackg. I found it. It's only available for web version of sitefor now, because earlier I searched for it on mobile app of coinbase and it wasn't updated
Quote from: jackg
link=topic=1565214.msg15731972#msg15731972 date=1469661553
I found it from the UK!

It's under the bitcoin wallet but above the wallet of your native language (GBP/EUR/USD whichevery you set it to).
It's unde rthe main account section, also, if you click the account tab located on the pane to the left of the page.

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:22:22 AM

for me it's simple reasons why coinbase added ETH on their feature because this coins has development with very fast even now on market cap ETH is the top 2 under bitcoin so i think coinbase won't missed this chance because with added ETH will automatically attract more traders to trading at there 
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:39:58 PM

Funny how coinbase jumped on the ETH bandwagon so fast.
But what is funnier is that you can not do any internal exchange between the three ETH=>BTC=>FOREX
They are an exchange aren't they !!  Roll Eyes
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:06:29 AM

there's money to be made from them fees. it also fits with their weird meddlesome attitude towards bitcoin development. it's gonna bite them hard in the ass. i wonder if they saw this fork shit coming and i wonder how much research they did before going all in. adding it is a big endorsement at the dumbest possible time.
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:12:38 AM

Since Coinbase has decided to jump on the ETH bandwagon, they just might tow the ETC bandwagon as well. ETC seems to be enjoying considerable goodwill at present.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:38:02 AM

Coinbase recently added an Ethereum wallet and I am curious at so why?
It's not one of the best coins in my opinion as that would be LTC or DOGE that are the best as they are more reputable and Eth was recently hacked!
It would be interesting to know if people have traded with eth on that site yet though and any thoughts on this idea of adding altcoins to the site that seemed to only be liking Bitcoin?

maybe coinbase can see what benefit behind eth, if we see the volume of eth in every market exchange. and they want to get more profit by adding eth into their list. let see what will happen.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

i am also wondering about why they have added ETH while there are so many other altcoins which are honestly a lot better.

the only answer that i could come up with so far is the money they can gain from fees the take from people trading there. but again, most of the volume is on Poloniex and then the volume is next on bittrex, c-cex and other exchanges.

people usually use Coinbase as their bitcoin "wallet" and a way to buy bitcoin easily with money and spend it easier. the big traders will never use Coinbase since they are already on one of the better exchanges that doesn't have their ridiculous rules!!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:13:39 PM

I would say they added ETH for the volume to get their fees, I was thinking yesterday how they feel about ETC and if they would also add it alongside ETH but I doubt this will happen, unless ETH really does fail.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:04:09 PM

So ETHEREUM is their payoff in fees that they are not charging for every outgoing transaction they are doing for the millions of customers that they have? It all makes sense now  Cheesy
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:37:42 PM

Oh, thanks jackg. I found it. It's only available for web version of sitefor now, because earlier I searched for it on mobile app of coinbase and it wasn't updated
I found it from the UK!

Actually it is avaliable on the mobile app.
If you go the the left navigation ane again. Then scrol down to the wallets that are lisetd (BTC, Vault..) If you look between your default currency and vault ten ETH is listed there wich can be easily found on the app if you wish to find it (the app may need updating first though).
LTU_btc
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 11:48:34 PM

I found it from the UK!

Actually it is avaliable on the mobile app.
If you go the the left navigation ane again. Then scrol down to the wallets that are lisetd (BTC, Vault..) If you look between your default currency and vault ten ETH is listed there wich can be easily found on the app if you wish to find it (the app may need updating first though).

Yes, yesterday I updated Coinbase app to the newest version when update was realeased and see two ballances on app : BTC and ETH. But until yesterdays update, it wasn't available in previous version of app.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: