Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:53:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the point of Steem Power?  (Read 733 times)
Pikachu45 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:37:59 PM

Steem Power have like 10% inflation every year why would people lock their coins for 2 years to lose money?

Sure the price of steem could increase but there is no point to have them held hostage in steem power. I don't get it.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:43:43 PM

At 1st sight this is really not EZ to understand.

The STEEM Power has the primary function to attract females to add value to the platform. Sounds weird, right?

Well it seems so but it's not that weird.

If u think about it, STEEM Power makes a lot of sense and the women love it so much that some of em actually post their titties on the steem website.  

~CfA~

Pikachu45 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:48:08 PM

The STEEM Power has the primary function to attract females to add value to the platform. Sounds weird, right?

If u think about it, STEEM Power makes a lot of sense and the women love it so much that some of em actually post their titties on the steem website.  

~CfA~
why do you troll my thread?
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:55:15 PM

~CfA~
hey Pikachu!ur impression is very wrong. I honestly feel that this is exactly what the steem power is all about. This is not trolling. I perceive it this way!

~CfA~

Pikachu45 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:28:32 AM

~CfA~
hey Pikachu!ur impression is very wrong. I honestly feel that this is exactly what the steem power is all about. This is not trolling. I perceive it this way!

~CfA~

You are trolling because you are not answering the question.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 05:01:36 AM

Influence tokens which earn more power by holding long term.
The more you hold the more you influence post rewards and earn for accurate voting.

If you have an account on stemmit this is what your board says about your steem power I read on one article that you can also earn from voting articles that became popular on steemit networks

magicalacademy

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:21:22 AM

The more you hold the more you influence post rewards and earn for accurate voting.

If you have an account on stemmit this is what your board says about your steem power I read on one article that you can also earn from voting articles that became popular on steemit networks

What voting power are you talking about? The whales own 95% of all steems, founders alone more than 80% https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1558366.0

To give someone 10 cents on a thread you need to invest $50 000, what kind of people even have this money? This system is completely rigged it's basically the same system as fiat where the rich get richer.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:25:16 AM

I earned about $1400 steem on steemit, but half of it has gone into steem power and it will take me two years to unlock it. If i choose to power down now.

Its used as a fee for running the network, so always has to be topped up, i know why too, because they are holding it for everyones payouts at your expense, in two years will they even have any funds to pay you?

I still dont fully understand where all the money comes from when people upvote your posts.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
magicalacademy

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:34:39 AM

I earned about $1400 steem on steemit, but half of it has gone into steem power and it will take me two years to unlock it. If i choose to power down now.

Its used as a fee for running the network, so always has to be topped up, i know why too, because they are holding it for everyones payouts at your expense, in two years will they even have any funds to pay you?

I still dont fully understand where all the money comes from when people upvote your posts.

Because of high inflation rate this sytem is very dependant on steem buy support, when people realize that steem power is not inflation proof and gives you very very very little infuence in the system unless you are a millionnaire, the whole thing will collapse
Pikachu45 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:51:05 PM

What voting power are you talking about? The whales own 95% of all steems, founders alone more than 80% https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1558366.0

To give someone 10 cents on a thread you need to invest $50 000, what kind of people even have this money? This system is completely rigged it's basically the same system as fiat where the rich get richer.

My thought exactly. I made the mistake of buying SP thinking I would get some good return. I didn't do it to have some voting influence , I did because I thought that's where I would get the most return. Now I have my money locked for years in an inflationary currency. I got fooled by the ever increasing amount of SP.
coupable

Activity: 2380
Merit: 757

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:19:00 PM

I didn't really get the point of Steem Power. Why should i use her only after 2 or 3 years.
And where that money come from when upvoting !!!!???
Could anyone response me please
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:28:00 PM

I didn't really get the point of Steem Power. Why should i use her only after 2 or 3 years.
And where that money come from when upvoting !!!!???
Could anyone response me please

Why you should use it full after 2 years? Because that are Steem protocol rules. You cant set your own rules for currency you use. I think once you can power down once a week and in 2 years you can fully power down. so like 1% a week ( i never actually read in whitepaper but from what read on forums).

Steem power you get when you publish article and people vote them come from issuing Steem. Similar as BTC gets crated with mining during PoW here Steem gets created and is given to article creators that forum community loves them.

Is funny that Steem is actually an communication platform same as this forum, but they cant present this simple infos to their members.

My thought exactly. I made the mistake of buying SP thinking I would get some good return. I didn't do it to have some voting influence , I did because I thought that's where I would get the most return. Now I have my money locked for years in an inflationary currency. I got fooled by the ever increasing amount of SP.

I am guessing here. But could you sell Steem power to someone without powering it down?  Someone send you BTC and you donate him Steem power on the forum. Can this be possible?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: