Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toppish behavior, Big Bitcoin Bear Caves  (Read 1236 times)
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:53:08 PM

Hey all, have you seen the "Buttcoin" site?  You have to, its just hilarious.  The guy running it has been downright insulting towards everything bitcoin, writing critical and satirical articles on the Bitcoin community.

Well right on cue he's posted an admission he was wrong, and bitcoin is now a freight train to $100 maybe $1,000.  As with many things financial, when the biggest doubters give in, you might be near a top.  Check out his site: http://buttcoin.org/

For those paying attention i last posted a "yeeha" thread about how i was going recklessly all in at $70.  I now i admit, i was trolling ur asses.  Its a funny thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155991.0

Truly,
The Doob

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 04:58:51 PM

Hey all, have you seen the "Buttcoin" site?  You have to, its just hilarious.  The guy running it has been downright insulting towards everything bitcoin, writing critical and satirical articles on the Bitcoin community.

Well right on cue he's posted an admission he was wrong, and bitcoin is now a freight train to $100 maybe $1,000.  As with many things financial, when the biggest doubters give in, you might be near a top.  Check out his site: http://buttcoin.org/

For those paying attention i last posted a "yeeha" thread about how i was going recklessly all in at $70.  I now i admit, i was trolling ur asses.  Its a funny thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155991.0

Truly,
The Doob

My guess is this guy does everything in reverse of what he writes.  He accumulated early, now he is selling off. (I guessed your sarc post too  Wink)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:03:17 PM

Maybe he is trolling the same way you were - mocking the extreme enthusiasm.
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

My guess is this guy does everything in reverse of what he writes.  He accumulated early, now he is selling off. (I guessed your sarc post too  Wink)

Can u forgive??  If ur not having fun with Bitcoin ur doing it wrong!  I thought my post was so over the top that no one would bite.  But then there were all these posts trying to discourage me from mortgaging the farm and buying at $70, LULZ!

I thought the phrase "permanently high plateau" would have been a good tell.  The "great" economist Irving Fisher penned an article months before the stock market crash of '29 claiming that we've entered a new era, and that stocks are now at a "permanently high plateau."  We all know what happened next.  The major stock indices dropped 90% after that.  It didn't recover till like the 1950s.  After a ton of dollar devaluation.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:07:40 PM

The buttcoin article sounds great but has a picture of the Hindenburg burning with bitcoin logo's on the side with text saying 'next stop, the moon!' LOL. I think that whole article is just another troll joke.
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:08:05 PM

I AM NOT TROLLING.  I signed my message with "truly."   Just pointing out, when the big skeptics admit defeat, they naturally tend to be the last group to buy in.  When you've run out of new people to buy in, its a top.  Not necessarily a permanent one, but this makes it less likely that it continues higher.  Maybe a pullback and consolidation.  

NOT A BUYER HERE.  I let some go today.  But still in it meaningfully for the LT.  But just think i might be able to buy some back cheaper.  There i'm on record.  No Trollmo, for serious.

Of course i could be wrong.  It could keep charging ahead.  Who 2 months ago would have thought it would be here?  This rally has been spectacular.  

doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:11:18 PM

The buttcoin article sounds great but has a picture of the Hindenburg burning with bitcoin logo's on the side with text saying 'next stop, the moon!' LOL. I think that whole article is just another troll joke.

Maybe, but when has he ever claimed it could go higher before?  That's a meaningful metric to me.  He also claimed he's never visited mt gox, but how would he know the price if he didn't, you know he's there every day!

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually owns some bitcoin.  His previous articles picked up on detailed things that happen on our boards.  He clearly has a lot of time on his hands and has studied up on BTC.

Now ask yourself, who can read constantly about Bitcoin and NOT get sucked in?

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:12:58 PM

I AM NOT TROLLING.  I signed my message with "truly."   Just pointing out, when the big skeptics admit defeat, they naturally tend to be the last group to buy in.  When you've run out of new people to buy in, its a top.  Not necessarily a permanent one, but this makes it less likely that it continues higher.  Maybe a pullback and consolidation.  

NOT A BUYER HERE.  I let some go today.  But still in it meaningfully for the LT.  But just think i might be able to buy some back cheaper.  There i'm on record.  No Trollmo, for serious.

Of course i could be wrong.  It could keep charging ahead.  Who 2 months ago would have thought it would be here?  This rally has been spectacular.  

By "he" I meant the buttcoin guy. You already said you were trolling with your "all-in at 70 post," so I thought that was a given.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:20:06 PM

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight
you, and then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'd say we are entering the win phase. Soon we will see all the haters and big mouth/small brain critics come out with their assertion that they always knew bitcoin would succeed. They will claim that they are bitcoin experts now and should be listened to intently.
Experts  Roll Eyes

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:42:45 PM

No Trollmo, for serious.

Well, since you're for serious this time...

Grin

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:14:44 PM

I would like to formally apologize to anyone I doubted. I am truly jealous of everyone’s sage investment strategies...

(emphasis mine)

"sage".... He's still trolling.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:22:42 AM

Uh... Yeah. That post is about as laden with sarcasm as you get. There's a big picture of the bloody Hindenburg, fer chrissakes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: