Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is going on?  (Read 2057 times)
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:16:35 PM

I turned the tv on not to long ago, week maybe? A baby shot and killed in Chicago. I turn the tv on just 20 minutes ago, a georgia 2 kids shot a mother and her baby cuz she would not give them any money.

Wtf is wrong with these ppl?

Shots shots shots.

Is this the apocalypse or some shit? near the end of the world?

Let me ask, WTFFFFFFF?HuhHuhHuh
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:21:39 PM

I turned the tv on not to long ago, week maybe? A baby shot and killed in Chicago. I turn the tv on just 20 minutes ago, a georgia 2 kids shot a mother and her baby cuz she would not give them any money.

Shots shots shots.

No, sadly that's just how us Americans are.

If you wanna see something that will make you sick, research USA's murders by firearm a year compared to Canada's.

Makes me ashamed to be an American, and that's why i am currently going through the requirements to be a dual citizen, live in Canada, and visit family back in the states.
pekv2 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:29:35 PM

Shots shots shots.

No, sadly that's just how us Americans are.

If you wanna see something that will make you sick, research USA's murders by firearm a year compared to Canada's.

Makes me ashamed to be an American, and that's why i am currently going through the requirements to be a dual citizen, live in Canada, and visit family back in the states.

Speak for your self, not us. Yep, I've done my research and also seen the michael moore doc about usa and can, bowling for columbine.

Agreed, very shamed, I don't even want to live here anymore, want to run to UK or Can and never ever look back.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:32:27 PM

Look at other countries.  I'm sure you can find babies and mothers murdered by knives and clubs.

Guns allow old people in wheelchairs and young women to defend themselves against even the strongest of attackers.  Those people would be utterly helpless against someone with a knife in a country where guns are illegal.
pekv2 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:36:56 PM

Look at other countries.  I'm sure you can find babies and mothers murdered by knives and clubs.

Guns allow old people in wheelchairs and young women to defend themselves against even the strongest of attackers.  Those people would be utterly helpless against someone with a knife in a country where guns are illegal.

Obv, these mothers need to start carrying then. But, how does one defend themselves if the gun is pulled in half a sec kinda like sidefucking someone in a fps game, no gun is gonna protect u from that, least if u get stabbed u might have a chance.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:39:04 PM

The truth is... this is an every day occurance all over our country. The difference is our media lately has been hyperfocused on it, so every time something happens somewhere, they report on it country wide instead of just in the local news.

ZOMG Moo!
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:41:06 PM

No no you misunderstand Spike, i have no problem with responsible gun use (as demonstrated in Canada) but realize that most of the murders by gun committed here are with either stolen guns or ones that have been cleared of their #s.

And to the person above me yes i apologize for saying "us americans" when i don't even fall into the category as well, poor use of rhetoric and i apologize.

Bottom line it would seem that the US is a little more sadistic than others, we are among one of the only few countries that in prison males have consensual and non consensual sex, that's really not a common occurrence in other parts of the world.

Best reference i could point anyone to is "The Lucifer Effect" a book written by the extremely credible Frank Zimbardo, which takes a look at how every human has the potential to be an "angel" or a "demon".  The Abu Gharib (sorry if spelled wrong) Chapter is maybe the most horrifying of all, definitely worth the read.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:41:41 PM

Obv, these mothers need to start carrying then. But, how does one defend themselves if the gun is pulled in half a sec kinda like sidefucking someone in a fps game, no gun is gonna protect u from that, least if u get stabbed u might have a chance.

If you're going to get stabbed, and you live, it's because the stabber wasn't trying to kill you, you were just in the way. If he was attempting murder, you still would not stand a chance.

pekv2 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:42:09 PM

The truth is... this is an every day occurance all over our country. The difference is our media lately has been hyperfocused on it, so every time something happens somewhere, they report on it country wide instead of just in the local news.

It's insane, all of it. Just literally crazy shit days we live in. I am so glad I'm not in college or HS or even preschool at this day n age.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:45:04 PM

Murders happen all the time. What bothers me is the news is reporting on open and shut cases when actual issues around the world are happening, yet they pretend to have no time for any of it cos rape and suicide and murder garners more views than real news.

Say what you want about RT, but there's a reason I like them.

Nesetalis

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:45:24 PM

It's insane, all of it. Just literally crazy shit days we live in. I am so glad I'm not in college or HS or even preschool at this day n age.

I agree to that whole heartedly. Hell alot of the younger generation I'm talking to these days can barely read or write or even do basic math... The next few decades are going to be seriously crappy. :\

ZOMG Moo!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:46:54 PM

Well at least the Mother didn't have a gun. She could have accidentally shot a different baby while defending herself.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:49:14 PM

I agree to that whole heartedly. Hell alot of the younger generation I'm talking to these days can barely read or write or even do basic math... The next few decades are going to be seriously crappy. :\

That's one reason why I feel a revolution has to occur now. The next generation, and the one after, are going to be even dumber as schools decline in quality. They will give birth to a new generation: the ultra-patriots!

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:55:57 PM

Yes, we are very close to the end of our society and the dawn of a new world.  Ego/negativity is peaking.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Nesetalis

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:57:21 PM

snapsunny, I believe you aren't giving human's enough credit. Yes there are a lot of dumb shits, but there are also a lot of smart young folks who have forsaken school and become autodidacts. School failed them, so they teach themselves.

ZOMG Moo!
GambitBTC

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:00:27 PM

snapsunny, I believe you aren't giving human's enough credit. Yes there are a lot of dumb shits, but there are also a lot of smart young folks who have forsaken school and become autodidacts. School failed them, so they teach themselves.

This
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:03:10 PM

Though you are correct, that number is dwindling. After all, we're here, and proof that a failed school system is not the end of intelligence. But considering the masses are on the extreme-selfish vanity muscle head side of intelligence, schools are certainly accomplishing something.

I really don't know which way it'll swing. Free education is taking off, like khan and coursera. And those are completely free of statist propaganda (so I hope anyhow.)  But cant we call this a revolution in education? I personally find it brilliant, but of course, profit and capitalism will see an end to it, if possible.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:06:04 PM

Violent crime in general is near historical lows. It just seem more prevalent now than in the past because the media brings news from all parts of the world to everybody so we're a lot more aware of it.
Nesetalis

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:10:08 PM

Violent crime in general is near historical lows. It just seem more prevalent now than in the past because the media brings news from all parts of the world to everybody so we're a lot more aware of it.

Exactly my point.

Also... Communication has gotten to a level now where we have a social community spread across the entire globe. Things that happen to some one in china can affect you, because you know a person involved. Or in the case of our rabid media, the continental united states has shrunk to this tiny ball of interconnected threads. Local news reports on shootings, weather, and small local disturbances as if they are in your own neighborhood.
This isn't exactly good or bad, but lately it has been taken out of context and a lot of people don't have the wits to realize there IS another context.

ZOMG Moo!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:12:14 PM

Exactly my point.

Also... Communication has gotten to a level now where we have a social community spread across the entire globe. Things that happen to some one in china can affect you, because you know a person involved. Or in the case of our rabid media, the continental united states has shrunk to this tiny ball of interconnected threads. Local news reports on shootings, weather, and small local disturbances as if they are in your own neighborhood.
This isn't exactly good or bad, but lately it has been taken out of context and a lot of people don't have the wits to realize there IS another context.
+1 people feel unsafe because they have no clue about how unsafe the world has always been. This is as good as any society has ever had it.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: