Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of the two forks will win?
ETH - 25 (29.8%)
ETC - 59 (70.2%)
Total Voters: 84

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHo will win - ETH or ETC?  (Read 3816 times)
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:12:34 PM

ETC will win, its pretty simple. Hardfork for centralization killed ETH.

Never had ETH, but bought ETC few days ago.

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:26:19 PM

Regards,
ChekaZ

Nice to see you here ChekaZ.  I wish Poloniex would list feathercoin.  You are good people over there.
Enjoy the show.  Grin

Warm wishes
Paula

ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:24:55 PM

Regards,
ChekaZ

Nice to see you here ChekaZ.  I wish Poloniex would list feathercoin.  You are good people over there.
Enjoy the show.  Grin

Warm wishes
Paula

Hey there Smiley

We are working on this issue to get Feathercoin on there, poloniex would be great for FTC.

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 04:53:48 PM

Longest chain wins see http://fork.ethstats.net/

shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:06:22 PM

Why does it matter which chain is longest? These are two separate coins now. What is interesting from the link you supplied is the increase of 800 GH/s for ETC from a week ago. That is substantial growth.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:31:56 PM

The ironic thing is that all ETH bagholders automatically had ETC at the time of the fork, so if they were smart enough, they could have dumped their ETH and then bought ETC and end up with tenfold the amount of ETC!

This might something that is happening now. We will see if it is so because it will reflect on the price of both chains. But the Ethereum foundation's premine of ETH also has the equivalent amount of ETC. They can negate it by doing some dumping of ETC and buy up ETH. I don't know if they will do it but they if they are desperate they can do it.
well, in the begin etc were a doubt, so this wouldn't be a smart move... good profits but way too risky.
but hold the free etc(what i did) was definitelly a good idea and now i'm selling eth and getting more etc.
joshmacabe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:27:10 AM

about volume transaction ETH is still win
but i hope ETC not win ETH but both coin is still run and good price
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:33:16 AM

The ironic thing is that all ETH bagholders automatically had ETC at the time of the fork, so if they were smart enough, they could have dumped their ETH and then bought ETC and end up with tenfold the amount of ETC!

This might something that is happening now. We will see if it is so because it will reflect on the price of both chains. But the Ethereum foundation's premine of ETH also has the equivalent amount of ETC. They can negate it by doing some dumping of ETC and buy up ETH. I don't know if they will do it but they if they are desperate they can do it.
well, in the begin etc were a doubt, so this wouldn't be a smart move... good profits but way too risky.
but hold the free etc(what i did) was definitelly a good idea and now i'm selling eth and getting more etc.

Yes. If you are an active trader it is a good idea to sell ETH and buy ETC because one is going down and the other going up. I understand the decision you took and it is the more profitable move. My question is when is the right time to sell?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:37:03 AM

I think ETC will eventually win. It's really a function of the hash rate. The economic activity will follow the hash rate, and devs will follow the miners and the econ activity. But not a foregone thing.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:43:05 AM

In my opinion etc will become winner because ETC has adopted basic principle of ETH, and The failure of ETH because of DAO. But it is just my opinion there are not people who know future.
PhilPrime

Activity: 378

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:43:30 AM

I think ETC will eventually win. It's really a function of the hash rate. The economic activity will follow the hash rate, and devs will follow the miners and the econ activity. But not a foregone thing.

yes ETC will gonna win. ether has hard fork only. it will be vanished soon when hard fork ended.
ETC got the majority of investor between the two.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:47:16 AM

The original Ethereum classic chain hash rate is still increasing. It also increased very quick and it is now 1/3 of the hash rate of the forked chain. The real consensus will be shown soon by the miners, the market and the users. In the coming months it is possible that it will override Vitalik's decision of forking the chain giving the real chain and real outcome for the people.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:18:56 AM

It all look like ETC is going to win the battle. If you still have the btc, you might just want to buy more this time else you'd miss the train going there.
Rides like this don't come along everyday eh?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:43:30 AM

It all look like ETC is going to win the battle. If you still have the btc, you might just want to buy more this time else you'd miss the train going there.
The marketcap seems to be all over the place for ETC, but it was getting close to $300M

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:03:08 AM

Logically, there's not much reason why ETH and ETC shouldn't come close to parity, as their propositions are nearly identical.  The small differences between them actually neutralize each other:
- the argument "there's a team behind it - the Foundation" can be a bonus for ETH, but the fact that there's no centralized power behind ETC can be a bonus for ETC
- the argument "there are many improvements for ETH in the future" can be a bonus for ETH, but their absence (apart from copying code) can be a bonus for ETC: for instance, the switch to PoS that is foreseen but not coded yet in ETH is an uncertainty that is probably absent from ETC
- the argument "ETC is a thief's coin" can be seen as a bonus for ETH, unless there's a next hack.  The fact that ETC is immutable and is neutral wrt to "morality" can be seen as a factor of stability versus ETH which is now supposed to fork over every theft.

So my idea is that ETH and ETC will reach parity or close.  However, the big question is: will this be reached by ETC climbing, or by ETH falling ?  Many people think that ETC will climb.  But we see that the overall market cap of ETC + ETH is slowly but steadily falling.

It is very well probable that ETC has done most of its climbing, and that we now wait for ETH to plunge to near ETC levels.

This may very well correspond to the perceived loss of value of ethereum since the DAO hack, namely the essential impossibility of making large complex contracts without unforeseen effects.  The dream of complex smart contracts was what was driving the long term value of ethereum (and could even threaten bitcoin's first place in the long run).  That dream turned out to be a night mare now, and so, ethereum was strongly overvalued in the market.   So the total market cap of ETH + ETC should drop significantly taking this into account.

As such, it is not so much ETC which is in for a rise, but rather ETH which is in for a severe market correction in the long run: the value of smart contracts is much smaller than anticipated earlier on, with the DAO enthusiasm.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:23:13 AM

Logically, there's not much reason why ETH and ETC shouldn't come close to parity, as their propositions are nearly identical.  The small differences between them actually neutralize each other:
- the argument "there's a team behind it - the Foundation" can be a bonus for ETH, but the fact that there's no centralized power behind ETC can be a bonus for ETC
- the argument "there are many improvements for ETH in the future" can be a bonus for ETH, but their absence (apart from copying code) can be a bonus for ETC: for instance, the switch to PoS that is foreseen but not coded yet in ETH is an uncertainty that is probably absent from ETC
- the argument "ETC is a thief's coin" can be seen as a bonus for ETH, unless there's a next hack.  The fact that ETC is immutable and is neutral wrt to "morality" can be seen as a factor of stability versus ETH which is now supposed to fork over every theft.

So my idea is that ETH and ETC will reach parity or close.  However, the big question is: will this be reached by ETC climbing, or by ETH falling ?  Many people think that ETC will climb.  But we see that the overall market cap of ETC + ETH is slowly but steadily falling.

It is very well probable that ETC has done most of its climbing, and that we now wait for ETH to plunge to near ETC levels.

This may very well correspond to the perceived loss of value of ethereum since the DAO hack, namely the essential impossibility of making large complex contracts without unforeseen effects.  The dream of complex smart contracts was what was driving the long term value of ethereum (and could even threaten bitcoin's first place in the long run).  That dream turned out to be a night mare now, and so, ethereum was strongly overvalued in the market.   So the total market cap of ETH + ETC should drop significantly taking this into account.

As such, it is not so much ETC which is in for a rise, but rather ETH which is in for a severe market correction in the long run: the value of smart contracts is much smaller than anticipated earlier on, with the DAO enthusiasm.

Superb appraisal.

Can't add a single thing to it. That is exactly how things are I would say.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:18:18 PM

neither, both will overstay their welcome and are just becoming tradable shitcoins which will just be used for riding waves, with no actual real world usage.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:44:31 PM

neither, both will overstay their welcome and are just becoming tradable shitcoins which will just be used for riding waves, with no actual real world usage.

i think it is going to take while but this is what eventually will happen to this coin. the developer has ruined it forever, but i think he got enough money out of ethereum and by dumping his coins a couple of times on top that he simply doesn't care any more.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:15:16 PM

That's what I am thinking too.

It seems to me, that the only thing keeping ETH/ETC hot right now is the battle between them.
lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:07:47 PM

Hacker is on the way... so forget about parity:)

ETH = Vitalik, money and all hard work which they done.

Who is behind ETC? did you find out? a fucking hacker with his mates keep this chain alive...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███