Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am looking for more info on InternetCoinExchange  (Read 241 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 03:26:06 PM

Hello,

There is a scam accusation against this "exchange" (with quotation marks, because I've never heard of it) and we're talking about 250+ BTC. I am going to try to help the investigation and I can guarantee that the accusation is legit as the victim is a friend's friend. 

The reason to post this here is because I found nothing about them here in the forum and I'd like this to serve as a future reference.

I kindly ask for more information on them (if you have any).

Twitter: https://twitter.com/InternetCoins

Thanks,
Spartak

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 06:50:59 AM

Hi Spartak,

The Internet Coin Exchange is a verified scam. As you can see in the comment below the following review: https://www.scambitcoin.com/internet-coin-exchange/, many people have been scammed by them.

I personally know 3 people who invested with them. The first one who introduced the exchange to myself and my friends, invested one million dollars with them. Her balance now is more than 2 million dollars, but she cannot withdraw the money. Not even reach Adam Chodrey, the owner of the exchange, who seem to have fled Canada, where he was residing before.

Before she knew it was a scam, she recommended this exchange to two other friends of mine. One of them deposited a rather small amount, just a few thousands of dollars. He managed to withdraw. My guess is that this scammer wanted to appear as withdrawals are possible, and since it was a small amount, he didn't mind as long as it portrayed him as a legit exchange. My second friend deposited several tens of thousands in USD, and his money is also stuck in the exchange.

Adam Chodrey "made an appearance" in the above blog post, and posted a few comments using a fake name and email, alleging that the exchange is legit and that he is a happy client. I don't know any happy clients who would write such long and detailed comments.

Complaints have been filed with the FBI and the Interpol and a cyber investigation is currently underway, and if you were scammed by Adam Chodrey of the InternetCoinExchange, I urge you to share your story below in this thread to help warn the cryptocurrency community about this scam.

Hi,

The victims you are talking about are from a country starting with M...

My goal here is to see if there are others.

Cheers,
Spartak

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: