Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC price soaring. Are you going to move some ETH into ETC?  (Read 1930 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:20:59 AM

HOLY SHIT!  CRYPTO HISTORY IN THE MAKING!  ETC just dethroned ETH as the new top volume coin on Polo!!!!!!!  Huh Shocked Grin Cheesy Shocked

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:24:19 AM

What a shit show. I thought it was ludicrous when first insinuated, but Someone's going to jail for this.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:28:35 AM

Now I could bite myself in the butt that I've sold way too early this morning. Cheesy
Well I will wait and watch from the sidelines how this will develop the next few hours.
I'm hoping for a bigger correction before I will get in again.
Definitely too much hype and pump at the moment.Probably a group who is pushing it up that crazy at the moment.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:33:57 AM

Ethereum is the fork and Ethereum Classic is the pure non-forked ETH.

twitter.com/erikledgers
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:37:16 AM

In case you're wondering, of course I'm long ETC, because I believe in taking a stand for what's right - both with my mouth and my wallet.  I hope you feel the same way.

Yes american pegasus I'm with u on this one.  Of course it's out of the discussions that only ETC is the real Ethereum. Some ppl really believe what is called 'ETH' now is Ethereum. Of course it is not.

This is really confusing some ppl right now.

Exchanges should just rename ETC back to ETH immediately and call the new fake ETH something completely different- for example Id suggest changing the ticker to something completely different like "FEE" (fork experiment Ethereum).

~CfA~

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:46:01 AM

Oh shit, this is gonna be bad you guys.  1000 bitcoin protection wall defending 190k on Ethereum's price..... this is your last chance to get out it seems.  Once that wall falls, the white walkers have nothing stopping them.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:09:04 PM

Woooooohoooooooooooohooooooo!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhp2YJJfVU

Dude, this is literally one of the greatest days in Cryptocurrency history, and one of the top 3 days in 2016 for sure.... I am so glad to be sharing it with you.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:13:21 PM

So now this Smiley this drama has to be one of the zestiest things that has happened in crypto in a while. I'm intrigued, and finally, I'm purchasing. I have a feeling this ETC/ETH thing is going to play out in a very interesting way.

Gox wasn't even this juicy. Hell, GAW didn't have shit on this.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:14:10 PM

Woooooohoooooooooooohooooooo!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhp2YJJfVU

Dude, this is literally one of the greatest days in Cryptocurrency history, and one of the top 3 days in 2016 for sure.... I am so glad to be sharing it with you.

Likewise my friend. Likewise.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:48:03 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2016, 05:09:10 PM by European Central Bank

getting intenser. over 100,000 btc of volume. hashrate's 16% of eth now as well. is this a flash in the pan or the start of something genuinely bonkers?

this is kinda reminding me of brexit. a bunch of people voted without really thinking. more than a few regret it when the implications became clearer. except for eth they have the chance to vote again.
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:54:22 PM

eth classic will need a hard fork too in order to keep dapps related to the correct chain, everyone ignores it

i speculate that it will be all fun and idealistic for a few days, then the profits from ETC will go back to ETH
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:04:02 PM

eth classic will need a hard fork too in order to keep dapps related to the correct chain, everyone ignores it

i speculate that it will be all fun and idealistic for a few days, then the profits from ETC will go back to ETH

Why would ETH not need to fork again for the same reason?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:29:23 PM

My favorite view on Trading View is the simple formula [ETHBTC-ETCBTC] because it shows just how #rekt ETH is getting now that they violated their core values.  Best part is it looks like a new capitulation leg down is about to begin:  

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:34:49 PM

If there is an exit, a complete exit, from ETC, I strongly believe people will divorce ETH entirely. It seems like they will both have to fork eventually. Despite the current interest, another fork for ETH and it's over. Any fork for ETC, and that game is also over.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:09:59 PM

Ethereum won't go down without a fight. I believe Ethereum whales will sell their ETC and flood the market with them.

With the additional btc from ETC, they could pump up ETH to lure newbies to buy from them and dump again.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:09:58 PM

Ethereum won't go down without a fight. I believe Ethereum whales will sell their ETC and flood the market with them.

With the additional btc from ETC, they could pump up ETH to lure newbies to buy from them and dump again.

The ETH whales aren't as likely to die on the sword as you think.  They automatically own a massive share of ETC and will likely hold it s a hedge against ETCs success. 

It would be a martyr move to bomb with their ETC to buy a sliver more ETH, and rich people are usually not martyrs.

Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:24:53 PM

I sold my ETH holdings and bought ETC with them instead. ETC is the 'old' ETH and share my principles of what a crypto is. ETH doesn't anymore and it feels rotten from the inside like Vitalik is controlled by the interests of few who are using him since I don't believe he would himself endorse a HF. The moment ETH HF'd they lost as legitimacy as a crypto. They bailed out investors who made their own decisions and lost just like US gov bailed out banks in 09 which doesn't sit right with anybody.

And the puppets who say it is right to make investors whole etc this whole debacle tanked ETH price about 50% from peak whereas the hacker has some 3% of all ether. Was that the best course to make investors whole? And the hacker wouldn't and couldn't dump these coins on market and he would have a very difficult time cashing this out.

Really, it is just the wrong decision for so many reasons not just ideologically what a crypto represents but past that it was the wrong decision just looking at return on investment.

The Dao lost 30% of it's value to the hacker which was returned but ether as a currency dropped 50% as a result from the Dao, the HF the clusterf etc.

Really it just reeks from incompetence but at the end of the day the reason I invested into ETH is now more true in ETC which is why I no longer hold ETH.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Kalamsid

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:10:13 AM

I sold my ETH holdings and bought ETC with them instead. ETC is the 'old' ETH and share my principles of what a crypto is. ETH doesn't anymore and it feels rotten from the inside like Vitalik is controlled by the interests of few who are using him since I don't believe he would himself endorse a HF. The moment ETH HF'd they lost as legitimacy as a crypto. They bailed out investors who made their own decisions and lost just like US gov bailed out banks in 09 which doesn't sit right with anybody.

And the puppets who say it is right to make investors whole etc this whole debacle tanked ETH price about 50% from peak whereas the hacker has some 3% of all ether. Was that the best course to make investors whole? And the hacker wouldn't and couldn't dump these coins on market and he would have a very difficult time cashing this out.

Really, it is just the wrong decision for so many reasons not just ideologically what a crypto represents but past that it was the wrong decision just looking at return on investment.

The Dao lost 30% of it's value to the hacker which was returned but ether as a currency dropped 50% as a result from the Dao, the HF the clusterf etc.

Really it just reeks from incompetence but at the end of the day the reason I invested into ETH is now more true in ETC which is why I no longer hold ETH.

Good luck with your purchase. Maybe the ETC community will find more developers and business to support it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: