Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make donations to bitcoind coders?  (Read 916 times)
pera (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:49:14 PM

Is there any list of addresses of the current bitcoind (+qt) coders? I would like to make donations to the project without doing it through the Bitcoin Foundation (I don't like that Jon Matonis is in there)

Thanks!

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 06:52:27 PM

http://bitcoin.org/en/support-bitcoin points to the Bitcoin Foundation and I doubt there's another supported way to donate money to the project, unless you're OK with tipping specific developers personally.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:35:06 PM

I doubt they are hurting for money, (not to sound negative) but I believe Bitcoin can be helped by funding it by other means. However I could be wrong I don't know if they are asking for any returns for their work.
pera (OP)

­バカ

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:36:54 PM

[...] unless you're OK with tipping specific developers personally.
yeah actually I was asking exactly that: a list of addresses Smiley

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 09:40:54 AM

Sure, mine is: 1B2fZN58SD4JqaTitHmBLcSo89GfUtvWZ3

Btw xenland you would be surprised. We're not compensated in any way.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:22:17 PM

If you intended to mean "direct" compensation I can agree, but I guess i was pointing out that usually people do things as an incentive and if the "core" dev team is still on board and do not get direct payments i'd have to say their "personal" investment increases over time (every 4 years?) and during bitcoin upgrades which in turn is their payment (or incentive).

Zeilap

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:21:16 PM

If you intended to mean "direct" compensation I can agree, but I guess i was pointing out that usually people do things as an incentive and if the "core" dev team is still on board and do not get direct payments i'd have to say their "personal" investment increases over time (every 4 years?) and during bitcoin upgrades which in turn is their payment (or incentive).

What?
wumpus

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:23:02 PM

I don't understand you. Do you mean that "investing" in bitcoin, and thus profiting from price rises (and suffering from price drop) is a kind of compensation for dev work? How do you correlate that to upgrades of the software at all, does the price rise consistently with upgrades?

If that's what you mean I have to disagree with you. After all, anyone can buy and sell bitcoins, and profit (or lose) without writing a line of code or running one test case. Personally I'm way to busy with both my day job and open source projects to do trading or such, so you could say it runs the other way.

There is nothing extra in it for developers. This is not meant as complaint, as the open source development I do is because it is fun working on a large-scale, high-impact project such as this, and not to fish for donations. But if you think there is some magical pot of coins guarded by the core developers that we only get to share in, that's a painful misunderstanding.

Having said that, if there was a chance to do open source development on bitcoin full-time and get paid I'd probably take it.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
pera (OP)

­バカ

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:49:48 PM

Hi John Smith, are you laanwj?

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
wumpus

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:29:46 AM

Yes I am

gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 02:53:53 PM

Yes I am

Funny thing, I had already contacted you about your etna_viv Vivante drivers project... the internet is as small as the world it seems Smiley

iElectric

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 07:23:34 PM

For personal funding, I'd recommend https://gittip.com

And for sponsoring feature/bugs: https://fundhub.org
wumpus

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:04:01 PM

Funny thing, I had already contacted you about your etna_viv Vivante drivers project... the internet is as small as the world it seems Smiley
Haha what a concidence, wow  Smiley

For personal funding, I'd recommend https://gittip.com

And for sponsoring feature/bugs: https://fundhub.org
I have a gittip account, but they don't support BTC yet. I've heard they are working on it. Fundhub looks interesting tho.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: