Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Way To Encourage Offline Store To Accept BTC  (Read 2632 times)
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:27:15 AM

Give the offline store some insight about bitcoin and the future of bitcoin and the future of their shop if they accepting bitcoin. Accepting bitcoin will be a good move for offline store imo.
Only problem that they may have to face most commonly is the long confirmation times needed to actually have a safe transaction (even with a higher fee, if a new block get generated after 30 minutes or 40 minutes gap). Although they may use bitpay for btc-fiat conversion but there would be certain fees to pay though.
Yes, the time it takes for transactions to be confirmed surely doesn't help bitcoin's cause. There must be a way to make transactions faster without making the fees go higher. That and a better way of encouraging more shops to accept bitcoin would certainly boost transaction counts and offline stores accepting bitcoin.

Yeah  you are right! The problem of that is the transaction! Because sending bitcoin from another country to other is pretty long it takes time i dont know why but it is to long not like country to your country pretty fast. Then it is pretty handy if you just get your money in your pocket and pay. I would just say that they should make a lot of stores accept bitcoin.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:34:39 AM

Mr.grin as someone who own a physical store do you think we could see this happening in future? i mean customer's walk in to offline store to purchase product, log-in to bitcoin account to conclude this transaction with payment via bitcoins!

Yes the possibility that is pretty much happening along with the risks involved.What if the store's computer has a keylogger in it ? How AM I suppose to pay in a store if my wallet is installed on my desktop ? The solution would be installing a bitcoin wallet app right ? My next question : Why should I trust an app with my bitcoins ? Hardware wallet ? Too expensive isn't it ? Until we find a most reliable way to carry bitcoins along without any risks involved,it's still a far-fetched goal yet to be reached.

Personally, it will be great when the use of bitcoins get's to this level.
It's already happening in Japan.You can buy Satori coins through an vending machine!

We'll keep creating such awareness. Also, i noticed paypal is unsatisfied with MOST account  holder's who ONLY log-in to their paypal account once or twice in a month for transaction. They are expecting more from their customer's just the way they normally use their VISA/MASTER CARD.
Paypal is old.Future is bitcoin.The day everyone ditches paypal,we'd celebrate the "Bitcoin Awareness Day"!
BitcSeo (OP)

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:19:47 PM

Mr.grin as someone who own a physical store do you think we could see this happening in future? i mean customer's walk in to offline store to purchase product, log-in to bitcoin account to conclude this transaction with payment via bitcoins!

Yes the possibility that is pretty much happening along with the risks involved.What if the store's computer has a keylogger in it ? How AM I suppose to pay in a store if my wallet is installed on my desktop ? The solution would be installing a bitcoin wallet app right ? My next question : Why should I trust an app with my bitcoins ? Hardware wallet ? Too expensive isn't it ? Until we find a most reliable way to carry bitcoins along without any risks involved,it's still a far-fetched goal yet to be reached.

Personally, it will be great when the use of bitcoins get's to this level.
It's already happening in Japan.You can buy Satori coins through an vending machine!

We'll keep creating such awareness. Also, i noticed paypal is unsatisfied with MOST account  holder's who ONLY log-in to their paypal account once or twice in a month for transaction. They are expecting more from their customer's just the way they normally use their VISA/MASTER CARD.
Paypal is old.Future is bitcoin.The day everyone ditches paypal,we'd celebrate the "Bitcoin Awareness Day"!

@Patatas, .... computer has a keylogger in it ? How AM I suppose to pay in a store if my wallet is installed on my desktop ?... what kind of question is that? you simply request his wallet ID,log into you bitcoin account from your mobile device!

Ofcourse, it's NOT safe to use third-party computer when handling deals that involve payment!

Thanks
Bitcseo

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:25:31 PM

That was a cool idea but how will they be encouraged if they do know nothing about bitcoin.  Maybe you couod discuss them first the history of bitcoin and how it operates like that.  And then you could show some proofs thatnit actually works like paper money.  And then give them some stores that doing bitcoin payments.  And of course are they willing to have online transactions?  Cause it might just give them expenses because of additional computer and internet fees.
Cuhua-hua

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:26:38 PM

The advantages they can get. Indeed all existing stores now, it is very difficult in accepting the BTC. Because they have not come to know well about the use of the mechanism and also the bitcoin bitcoin. But the thing that can push the offline store received the btc is to inform about the advantages they can get
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 01:59:34 PM

The only way for you to convince these people, is for you to show them that there are a new untapped source of income for them. I did this with a pub and I generated repeat business by hosting some

Bitcoin meetups at this pub. We gather there every second week and we only pay with Bitcoin. The worst thing that will happen, is if you convinced him/her that Bitcoin is this wonderful new currency,

and after 1 or 2 months he only received like 10 to 100 transactions. So once the door is open, you have to make sure people know about it, and they use that service or merchant regularly.  Wink
Surprised to see that no-one has replied to this (unless I missed it), but this really is very important if you're going to convince a business to accept Bitcoin.
If you suggest accepting Bitcoin to a business and they try it out and they don't generate enough revenue with it, than it's actually quite damaging to the image of Bitcoin and they would probably not try it again if it fails the first time.

I would suggest that if you do manage to convince a store, pub or restaurant to accept BTC, you at least go there yourself and pay with Bitcoin regularly and tell all your friends about it.
Also, go the extra mile and add that business to any website or service that lists businesses accepting Bitcoin.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:04:48 PM

Just tray to say any experienced sales people/restaurant managers, that they loose 35% potential customer if they will not accept your service, and most possible they will just smile and say goodbye.  Grin
potatopower

Activity: 296

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:06:58 PM

Just tray to say any experienced sales people/restaurant managers, that they loose 35% potential customer if they will not accept your service, and most possible they will just smile and say goodbye.  Grin
that wont help most probably, i actually tried emailing a few cafes telling that a lot of young people are actually using bitcoins so they should accept it but i got ignored Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Adrorecia

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:14:31 PM

Nice tips but I doubt alot of people would do this though.
Pretty sure that if they did do it then it would help, I mean store owners want money doesn't matter what kind aslong as they could convert it to their own preferance.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:09:31 PM

Nice tips but I doubt alot of people would do this though.
Pretty sure that if they did do it then it would help, I mean store owners want money doesn't matter what kind aslong as they could convert it to their own preferance.
That was not really a good idea though.
Attempting to say to the owner of the store 'you can lose 35%-45% customers because of something' is obviously fishy enough. I doubt managers would even want to entertain that kind of start up presentation.
shugareward

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:46:43 PM

i think you should just call them and then email and if that does not help just repeat it over and over again
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:12:44 PM

That is really a nice suggestion, with that they will be attracted more to the system we provide as they will get a free advertising , but only those offline stores will  accept that deal who will have knowledge about online business and will have good knowledge about digital system.

Hire me for your campaign management
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 09:50:10 PM

Personally i don't want to spend bitcoin somewhere besides online unless they offer discounts if we pay bitcoin.
But sure it good to see local stores accepts it and other cryptos as well. That means people may be dependent to the internet by that time too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:55:45 PM

I wouldnt want a physical store to accept Bitcoin until another alternative to waiting for a confirmation comes out. Maybe when the lightning network is finished?

Your statement... (35%-45%) Where did you get those numbers?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:59:58 PM

In my country(especially in my city) most of the store owners and restaurants are less educated and they do not even like to adopt banking system for their stores and restaurants etc, so it will be workable in highly developed countries as there I can see that they accept ATM cards etc, so they will also give a place for bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:15:30 PM

In my country(especially in my city) most of the store owners and restaurants are less educated and they do not even like to adopt banking system for their stores and restaurants etc, so it will be workable in highly developed countries as there I can see that they accept ATM cards etc, so they will also give a place for bitcoin.

What you're saying is, you live in a city full of dumbasses. I didn't realize there was anyone from Detroit on this forum. Welcome.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 11:23:17 PM

What you're saying is, you live in a city full of dumbasses. I didn't realize there was anyone from Detroit on this forum. Welcome.
I think it is fear of governments also that prevents them accepting bitcoin.How will they calculate sales and other taxes if they receive payments in bitcoin?
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:27:57 PM

The best way to encourage an offline store to accept BTC is to give them some belief that they'll be getting more sales from accepting it. You have to give them either the desire to gain or the fear of loss, and in order to get them to accept some additional forms of payment you have to give them the desire to gain. As long as you can prove their sales will increase, they will more than likely be more interested.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3843

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:30:09 AM

This is going to be tough, especially when trying to convince old folks that are computer illiterate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcSeo (OP)

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:09:17 AM

@QuestionAuthority, is just contribution from Bestwishes745. Although people from is location may have little or no knowledge about the use of computer & e-currency today but, that does not mean people from such area's would not embrace the use of such currency if, proper awareness are created by those of us who are into btc trading. Instead, i think Bestwishes745 need's compliment for his effort for doing what an average person will not doCool

Regard's
Bitcseo

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: