Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH/ETC Madness: Good time to refill Alt bags?  (Read 1447 times)
ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:22:14 PM

Holy Fuck.

As a uninvolved bystander, I am astonished (and mildly entertained) by one of the most epic battles in altcoin history being fought right now. There's blood everywhere, sooooo much red, nearly every coin affected.

This looks like a good opportunity to buy alts, doesn't it? I'm not even sure how much of a role it plays, which coin you buy exactly.

Too bad I was impatient and didn't pay much attention to ETH overall. Not because I'd wish I had bought some ETC yesterday (well…), but because of how strongly it influences other alts prices and how cheap I could buy my favourite flavour of altcoin right now…
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:31:47 PM

Holy Fuck.

As a uninvolved bystander, I am astonished (and mildly entertained) by one of the most epic battles in altcoin history being fought right now. There's blood everywhere, sooooo much red, nearly every coin affected.

This looks like a good opportunity to buy alts, doesn't it? I'm not even sure how much of a role it plays, which coin you buy exactly.

Too bad I was impatient and didn't pay much attention to ETH overall. Not because I'd wish I had bought some ETC yesterday (well…), but because of how strongly it influences other alts prices and how cheap I could buy my favourite flavour of altcoin right now…

Yesssss.

This shit has been purely science fiction since its inception. Black hats, white hats, wielding money at each other via computer code. All while summoning child programs from parent programs with hard and soft forks looming. Sheer fucking madness.

So now I'm along for the ride.

Honestly, ID pick one of these, the ETC or the ETH. It's gonna be a gamble man, but if you pick this binary right, I think you will most likely profit at the end of all this.

I'm team #ETC. I figure miner profit motivation will keep ETC around a little longer than we expect. And if they try to attack the chain, I can pretty much assure you some group is going to take offense and spring to defense.

The more people concern themselves, the more I will most likely profit.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:41:25 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2016, 01:58:53 PM by BitcoinNational

There's blood everywhere, sooooo much red, nearly every coin affected.
yeah now that I look at the charts the m0ney flow pattern is fairly clear.

go where the volatility is;
personally I don't have spare stack of 5000BTC to make power bets, so i avoid tables that are setup for such a show.

it seems like most alts are getting dumped -20% to -35% it the hopes of hitting it big with the ETC.

yeah BUY!

my alt bag of choice is UN we just had a potato sized whale do a dump exit, very publicly too, wanted to go play on the ETchy skEtchy.

UNO is nearly a guaranteed 50-100% 6week return.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:18:07 PM

BitCrystals are Green. Soft Launch is just by the corner.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:50:27 PM

Holy Fuck.

i didn't buy ETC yesterday either so i am sad but i don't regret my decision because if i go back in time i would make the same decision again because it is super risky to get involved with anything ethereum related right now they are killing each other and there are hundreds of millions of dollars belonging to whales are involved which can shift to one of these two and kill the other if the whales desire.

and as for buying other alts, yeah i agree i saw some alts like LISk take a dive today which i think is a good time to get in for a profit.

Buying the dip...
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:04:02 PM

Many alts are being sold off cheaply to get into ETC. It is a good opportunity for anyone with bitcoin to get into these cheap alts.
There is no point in chasing after ETC as it is very risky to buy at such high prices. Whales who own ETH will have the same amount of ETC to dump onto buyers.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 03:07:40 PM

Many alts are being sold off cheaply to get into ETC. It is a good opportunity for anyone with bitcoin to get into these cheap alts.
There is no point in chasing after ETC as it is very risky to buy at such high prices. Whales who own ETH will have the same amount of ETC to dump onto buyers.

I've seen such yesterday and there was even a plan to fork ETH again which they would cal ETP. why do you gusy think all these forks will have more value in the future? or won't it just drag the whole ETH derivative thus BTC will still rule in the end.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
zana

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:29:29 PM

Do you think ETC will still go higher before a big dump?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:35:06 PM

Do you think ETC will still go higher before a big dump?

anyone trying to predict anything is certifiable. if you'd predicted 90,000 btc volume for etc yesterday you woulda been laughed out of town. who knows what's in store and who's planning what?
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:37:29 PM

+1 for cheap alts.

And screw both ETH and ETC...you think any rational investor person or business would TOUCH that?!  That's where crypto is trying to get to....traders and more important be taken seriously by banks AND business!  This is where WBB and 1EX will WIN OUT Smiley
ttookk (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 06:52:42 PM

There's blood everywhere, sooooo much red, nearly every coin affected.
yeah now that I look at the charts the m0ney flow pattern is fairly clear.

go where the volatility is;
personally I don't have spare stack of 5000BTC to make power bets, so i avoid tables that are setup for such a show.

it seems like most alts are getting dumped -20% to -35% it the hopes of hitting it big with the ETC.

yeah BUY!

my alt bag of choice is UN we just had a potato sized whale do a dump exit, very publicly too, wanted to go play on the ETchy skEtchy.

UNO is nearly a guaranteed 50-100% 6week return.

Yeah, it is very interesting to see where the ETC money is coming from. Of course there is a healthy portion from ETH, but the rest seems to come from other alts.

This within itself is enough of a signal for me that indicates that ETC is a bubble. There is a chance that there is some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy effect, which subsequently legitimizes ETCs value, but my bet is on a huge dump within the next days with money flowing back to alts and probably ETH (this could in fact result in a fat ETH spike).

So, my bet would be on ETH.

But since my crypto funds are in other alts that need to rebound, I can't buy ETH right now. I guess we'll see in a few days whether that is a good or bad thing.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:07:40 PM

LTC, MAID, NXT if IMO. I Put $100 into ETC this morning. If you missed it, the suspected exploiter of the DOA has thousands of BTC he's apparently willing to use in order to manipulate ETC price and buy off miners. He has millions of USD at stake if ETC vaporizes. I'm just waiting for this dumpster fire to extinguish itself.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
ttookk (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:36:22 PM

Is there a Link to the wallet of the DAO hacker?

While it's true that for them, there is a lot at stake, for everybody else that means that at some point, they will probably dump. I don't see them being invested in this longer than necessary, i believe they will look for the right exit point and go for it. Maybe short term, there is money to be made. Long term, that thing is a time bomb.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:58:22 PM

I would buy ETC but I can't honestly be bothered to do it. My BTC is too precious to be spent in some altcoin gamble. ETC is cheaper and has higher chances to pump. ETH is the one fork that is suffering the most with desperate holders going nuts about it.
Pasttimeuftor

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:04:50 PM

I would buy ETC but I can't honestly be bothered to do it. My BTC is too precious to be spent in some altcoin gamble. ETC is cheaper and has higher chances to pump. ETH is the one fork that is suffering the most with desperate holders going nuts about it.

You can trade the ETC and ETF. But make sure you sell the ETC before the DAO hacker or others dump their coins.
ttookk (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:35:42 PM

You can trade the ETC and ETF. But make sure you sell the ETC before the DAO hacker or others dump their coins.

^This.

You can talk about immutability and decentralisation all you want, in the end, money talks. There is no ethics here.

ETH has a dedicated team that is working their asses off.
ETC has someone sitting there with the financial equivalent of a kill switch.

You can be on team ETC because morally, it is the right thing to do*, but most people will follow the money.

There is a good chanc that ETC pumps again, but it is dancing on an active volcano. I know my trading skills (or more the lack of them) too well to risk this.

*This is not necessarily my opinion
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:40:25 PM

I'm still undecided whether to buy ETC or just stay with ETH  Grin Bittrex says our DAOs will be converted to ETH if we don't withdraw.
Will ETC goes up and surpass the price of ETH later?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
ttookk (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:31:01 PM

I'm still undecided whether to buy ETC or just stay with ETH  Grin Bittrex says our DAOs will be converted to ETH if we don't withdraw.

I kinda doubt it. I don't see ETC going anywhere. There is not much of a vision, apart from "not like THAT!" and most of the guys that have been working on ETH seem to keep working on ETH, not ETC (…right? to be honest, I didn't research that statement. Would be glad to have someone chime in on that matter).

The ETC guys are right in some regards, including, that ETH is not truly decentralized. But in the end, nothing really is. Even before the DAO hack, The DAO had a big flaw: you can't make a decision that needs experts without involving these experts. As soon as you listen to what they say, your vote may be technically your own, but it is based on the expertise of others, thus making it less autonomous.

The same is true for the Hardfork decision. It was made by experts, who influenced the outcome.

I don't think that's bad. When I'm sick, I go to the doctor, not let a bunch of random people suggest a treatment.

As long as the people working on ETH keep working on ETH and not ETC, I don't see ETC overtaking anything.

But crypto is the place for miracles (or whatever you wanna call it), so pretty much everything can happen.
Pasttimeuftor

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:19:20 AM

I kinda doubt it. I don't see ETC going anywhere. There is not much of a vision, apart from "not like THAT!" and most of the guys that have been working on ETH seem to keep working on ETH, not ETC (…right? to be honest, I didn't research that statement. Would be glad to have someone chime in on that matter).

The ETC guys are right in some regards, including, that ETH is not truly decentralized. But in the end, nothing really is. Even before the DAO hack, The DAO had a big flaw: you can't make a decision that needs experts without involving these experts. As soon as you listen to what they say, your vote may be technically your own, but it is based on the expertise of others, thus making it less autonomous.

The same is true for the Hardfork decision. It was made by experts, who influenced the outcome.

I don't think that's bad. When I'm sick, I go to the doctor, not let a bunch of random people suggest a treatment.

As long as the people working on ETH keep working on ETH and not ETC, I don't see ETC overtaking anything.

But crypto is the place for miracles (or whatever you wanna call it), so pretty much everything can happen.

If there are few developers working 100% on the ETC, not many people will use ETC as the application platform.
Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:34:45 PM

Lots of developers are working on ethereum quite all right, but there are too many scam stories attached to it. I don't think it will last very long in the crypto market Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: