Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox API help for a noob  (Read 723 times)
iameric (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:01:24 PM

Hi guys I'm Eric and I have just a few questions about MTGox API.

I currently have a PHP file which is loaded by a CRON job every minute which uses MtGox API v1 Ticker to grab the high, low, last, buy, sell, and volume.

However I was wanting to use periods of 15M, so I need the opening price but I'm not quite sure exactly how to find that.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iameric (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:12:50 PM

Depending on your webhost, it should be under the CRON jobs cpanel itself.
I appreciate yoru input I am using cPanel, CRON jobs is located there but I am moreso looking for what API functions I need to use to find the opening price of a certain period.

I get how to find the "last" price based on the ticker but not the open price which may not be the same as the previous last.

I currently have a PHP file which is loaded by a CRON job every minute which uses MtGox API v1 Ticker to grab the high, low, last, buy, sell, and volume.

However I was wanting to use periods of 15M, so I need the opening price but I'm not quite sure exactly how to find that.

Well your using the 15 minute period so the opens would happen on 00, 15, 30, 45 of the times. The closed would be 14, 29,44,59

Thank you.  You're right absolutely right about that but how did I find the open price of minute 00 since the previous "last" doesn't necessarily equal the next open.
iameric (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:22:08 PM

Depending on your webhost, it should be under the CRON jobs cpanel itself.
I appreciate yoru input I am using cPanel, CRON jobs is located there but I am moreso looking for what API functions I need to use to find the opening price of a certain period.

I get how to find the "last" price based on the ticker but not the open price which may not be the same as the previous last.

Well your using the 15 minute period so the opens would happen on 00, 15, 30, 45 of the times. The closed would be 14, 29,44,59

Thank you.  You're right absolutely right about that but how did I find the open price of minute 00 since the previous "last" doesn't necessarily equal the next open.

You can get the historical data and parse that from a 3rd party, but using the Mt Gox api to get the last open price is not possible.
I gotcha I'll have to check a few out but I suppose there might be some sort of delay which might be problematic, but I suppose that would depend on the API.

I was told that I could easily scrape trades from the MtGox v1 API, I guess perhaps using some comparing I could figure this out?  I've never worked with trade.php I suppose now's when I start.

I was just hoping somebody had already dealt with this and had a particularly simple solution.
iameric (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:07:22 PM

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find that data for the chart on the right: http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/
botsofbitcoin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 11:26:32 PM

Perhaps not a huge amount of help but you might try asking over on the Bitcoin StackExchange http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/ . Seems like the sort of thing that would go down well there, and they're in need of support during their beta phase.

See my localbitcoins ads here: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/botsofbitcoin/?ch=2mk
Visit Bots of Bitcoin here: http://www.botsofbitcoin.com/
Follow on Twitter: @botsofbitcoin
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:33:20 PM

Perhaps not a huge amount of help but you might try asking over on the Bitcoin StackExchange http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/ . Seems like the sort of thing that would go down well there, and they're in need of support during their beta phase.

Its the order book; ie market depth. You can get a subset from that using the HTTP api; or a full set if you dont call it more than 5x per hour.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: