Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe that “risk” is a key motivating factor, rather than a prevention factor, in engaging in gambling?
Motivating factor - 6 (46.2%)
Prevention factor - 2 (15.4%)
Somehow Motivating - 3 (23.1%)
Somehow Prevention - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: “RISK” - Motivating factor rather than a Prevention factor in Gambling?  (Read 1101 times)
jhenfelipe (OP)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:12:47 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2017, 02:14:17 AM by jhenfelipe

Do you believe that “risk” is a key motivating factor, rather than a prevention factor, in engaging in gambling?
Were you became engaged in gambling because it was risky and exciting or there's any other reason? What's your position here?

For me, risk is a prevention factor in Gambling. That's the reason why I'm not really into it. I'm more on thinking that, "what if I lose?" more than thinking "what if I win?". Maybe some of you will say, "gamble just for fun", well for me, losing is not fun, maybe because I can't afford to lose the fruit of my hard work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:43:06 PM

I play with money can afford to lose. also playing with free money, in fact I never think about the risk, when I play to have fun. I bet when I'm sure, and not think of any risk of loss. unless I put my money for gambling and I will definitely think twice to bet and always think about the risk.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:51:06 PM

For me its a prevention factor, or an addicting factor at times. Whenever I make a bet and think of it as being risky, I just ignore it and play it safe. Kind of the best thing to do in gambling, unless you want to take the risk and have a chance of hitting big.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:55:06 PM

i think yes and no so i voted for "Somehow Motivating"

it is not the risk that is playing a role in gambling but instead the reward that you get from that risk (or better say you might get).
as you know the higher risks bring bigger reward too. that is why sometimes you see people play a 999x on dice sites because the reward of playing with this huge risk is also huge even with a small amount that you get from a faucet.

Buying the dip...
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:58:47 PM

I think mostly it reminds me that I could easily lose what I am gambling and makes me more aware that the gambling sites win in the long run. However, to win you must risk something so I can see how it could be motivating in some way.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:05:10 PM

Do you believe that “risk” is a key motivating factor, rather than a prevention factor, in engaging in gambling?
Were you became engaged in gambling because it was risky and exciting or there's any other reason? What's your position here?

For me, risk is a prevention factor in Gambling. That's the reason why I'm not really into it. I'm more on thinking that, "what if I lose?" more than thinking "what if I win?". Maybe some of you will say, "gamble just for fun", well for me, losing is not fun, maybe because I can't afford to lose the fruit of my hard work.

You need to risk something if you want to get or achieved something. In gambling you need to risk to gain something. Even if you are playing faucet you are still risking something. If you are gonna do a business you will also risk your time , effort and money. Well if you don't gamble that is nice keep it that way because gambling will always make you poor.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:05:50 PM

Yeah, when I look at some of the risks inside the gambling, I decided to play gambling only to want to find the atmosphere and eliminate all thoughts that makes me lazy. However I also restrict and control themselves in order not to give a negative effect while gambling. Risk is a factor in the prevention of gambling
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:33:07 PM

Knowing the risk is good to prevent you from being addicted to gambling.
You would know how much you can afford to lose and you won't bet too heavily.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:43:40 PM

Dudes life in itself is an everlasting gamble where we make choices based on risk every single day without noticing. But life tends to give us lower odds so some clever people invented gambling in order to make our lives more interesting and have bigger odds to bet on  Grin Jokes aside running a bigger risk results in higher satisfaction from gambling so in a way risk is an intrinsic feature of gambling. Scared money makes no money and this pertains perfectly to life itself because scared people make no progress either in their whole lifetime.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:48:01 PM

risk is always the motivating factor when doing gambling if you can take it either way win or lose you just need to take it and see the results if failed better luck next time if win go and party party, gambling is just form of entertaining for me, so i just gamble the money that i can afford to lose mate.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:48:17 PM

I remember that in the past I read some article about differences about investing and gambling. I learned that many experts differentiate gambling from investing by this:
"If you are gambler you are mainly a risk seeker but if you want to invest you try to avert all possibilities of risky elements in your plan."

I gotta agree that this is very easy to understand and interesting concept.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:55:12 PM

if you are goin g to gamble then its clearly because you want to risk your money even me personally, I would consider higher risk better associated to higher rewards etc

WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:18:31 PM

For some people, risk is what motivates them to keep on going. Have you heard of a phrase called with every risk comes a reward? thats what actually drive people mad in gambling, although they have lost a big amount however most of them will keep on gambling to get their hands on those rewards ( addiction of gambling is killing them )

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:25:21 PM

RISK is more of a preventing factor for me and honestly i can't see how it can motivate someone to gamble. maybe someone who is seeking thrills through taking risks can be motivated this way, but for me when i see the risk i always hesitate to invest my money and since risk is a big factor and it is also high i rarely gamble these days.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:45:17 PM

From my own point of view I will say for the risk takers its a form of motivation because they believe that the higher the risk the higher the return and they are ready to go for it. However for the risk averse person, he is not willing to take risk or if he I'll take so little to those people its a prevention factor...my 2 cents...
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:05:49 PM

for me personally it's Somehow Motivating because even i was already know the risk from gambling but sometimes i was curious how fortunate I'm if i playing gambling games although eventually I was shunned by luck and lost all my money
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:37:59 PM

I play with money can afford to lose. also playing with free money, in fact I never think about the risk, when I play to have fun. I bet when I'm sure, and not think of any risk of loss. unless I put my money for gambling and I will definitely think twice to bet and always think about the risk.
There is no money that one can afford to lose and even I used to play with free money and the losses used to affect me. When I see people winning big by investing very less in gambling, I just keep thinking that they must be experts in the game.

"Risk" factor is not always a motivating factor and even though I earn money from giveaways from these gambling websites, I don't bet it but just withdraw it. Motivation can be the money given just to gamble.
jhenfelipe (OP)

Merit: 647

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 07:15:44 AM

So I assume that your answer is Motivating when using free money and Somewhat Prevention when using your own money? I agree when playing using free money. Well, since you can't withdraw your claim on the faucet, you tend to play and gamble, take some risk, and when you win then better while when you lose no regrets since it's just the free money from their faucet and you can always claim and try again.

For me its a prevention factor, or an addicting factor at times. Whenever I make a bet and think of it as being risky, I just ignore it and play it safe. Kind of the best thing to do in gambling, unless you want to take the risk and have a chance of hitting big.
What do you mean by play it safe? Just curious

You need to risk something if you want to get or achieved something. In gambling you need to risk to gain something. Even if you are playing faucet you are still risking something. If you are gonna do a business you will also risk your time , effort and money. Well if you don't gamble that is nice keep it that way because gambling will always make you poor.
So your answer is? Are you motivated because of the risk? Anyway, yes, I agree that somehow you need to risk something for you to gain. However, in gambling, if you risk your money, you must expect the worst since the chances of losing is higher than winning.

Dudes life in itself is an everlasting gamble where we make choices based on risk every single day without noticing. But life tends to give us lower odds so some clever people invented gambling in order to make our lives more interesting and have bigger odds to bet on  Grin Jokes aside running a bigger risk results in higher satisfaction from gambling so in a way risk is an intrinsic feature of gambling. Scared money makes no money and this pertains perfectly to life itself because scared people make no progress either in their whole lifetime.
I agree that we are taking risks in our everyday life, but people being scared into taking risk is not present all the time, so I don't agree that they can't have any progress on their entire life. Back to gambling, yes risk is indeed a feature of gambling, but people might have different reasons on why they became hooked into it.

For some people, risk is what motivates them to keep on going. Have you heard of a phrase called with every risk comes a reward? thats what actually drive people mad in gambling, although they have lost a big amount however most of them will keep on gambling to get their hands on those rewards ( addiction of gambling is killing them )
However, "with every risk comes a reward" isn't working at all times especially on Gambling, right? Mostly, what's happening is, when you choose to get big rewards you'll end up losing most of your earnings, or should I say everything?

There is no money that one can afford to lose and even I used to play with free money and the losses used to affect me. When I see people winning big by investing very less in gambling, I just keep thinking that they must be experts in the game.

"Risk" factor is not always a motivating factor and even though I earn money from giveaways from these gambling websites, I don't bet it but just withdraw it. Motivation can be the money given just to gamble.
I got your point, we are somehow the same with that. But if I can't withdraw the free bits that I claimed on the faucet, no regrets at all when I lost it on their site. People winning on gambling can be an expert or maybe just lucky? For me, gambling is not really in need of skills. Skills and techniques might be an advantage, but without luck both will be worthless.
LiQuidx

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:00:38 AM

In my opinion it can be a little from both... Risk is part of the excitement and rush you feel when you gamble but it keeps you in check not gambling away huge amounts.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
electronicfactura

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:14:08 AM

I have to say yes for me risk is motivating factor in gambling. Gambling is based on risk and there is no prevention when you have put some amount at stake in order to make that more than initial one. It is purely motivation factor because how does it work we can easily understand. I am very clear without any doubt about my opinion what I said.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: