Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:26:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The real reason mtgox changed the api without no notice  (Read 990 times)
starsoccer9 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:20:08 PM

I think at this point almost eveyone knows mtgox is slacking and people are pissed about it. Mtgox clear has said that they have just 2 servers for the whole site. The recent api change was to try to push off some of the load, for example any old programs that the dev stopped making but were still active and to put a small but stop some requests.

@mtgox you really dont think when you do stuff, I understand you want to improve your service but changing the api without no notice at all is crazy. You wonder why people get pissed and hate your site. You do things quick and without thinking of how it will affect others. You are the lead bitcoin exchange but you dont act like it.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:51:26 AM

[...] and to put a small but stop some requests.

I can't parse this.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
danster82

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:09:36 PM

No, its not Mtgox that are slacking, in fact they are the only ones that are not slacking which is why everyone is using them. Its everyone else whos involved in this field of expertise failing to provide a service. If I was in the game of exchanges I would start a bitcoin exchange for the UK for example, but I cannot do that because its not my field of expertise and if I begun today it probably wouldn't be operational for years to come, but people who are involved in exchange business already could.
jordan.dev

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 07:04:24 PM

No, its not Mtgox that are slacking, in fact they are the only ones that are not slacking which is why everyone is using them. Its everyone else whos involved in this field of expertise failing to provide a service. If I was in the game of exchanges I would start a bitcoin exchange for the UK for example, but I cannot do that because its not my field of expertise and if I begun today it probably wouldn't be operational for years to come, but people who are involved in exchange business already could.

I agree. Exchanges are huge pieces of software: matching engines are extremely hard to get right, look at BATS in USA: bobbled their own freaking IPO on their own exchange!

BLOG | PGP | Bitcoin Trading Professionals | Bitfinex Affiliate Code: kwr9f922HS - 10% of trading fees for 30 days | Live Bitfinex Charts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: