Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The high risk of selling a BitcoinTalk forum account  (Read 1188 times)
Mesquito (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 11:25:36 AM

having a ranking system, and allowing to sell a rank is paradox. just saying.

Yes. A thing invalidate another mutually in this case, and can't coexist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:34:38 PM

"The only method against getting scammed is to insist on using escrow for any transaction you ever do."

Rising price of accounts will stop many people from buying, but I don't think that will completely solve the problem. For any kind of trading use trustworthy escrow, and inform yourself about person you do business with. We cant do nothing more.

Technically speaking, that doesn't really solve anything. Since we're assuming that the sold accounts with Legendary rank belong to members who have properly earned them, then there's no reason to not assume that the chosen escrow holder's account itself is not a sold account.

I believe that the best -- for lack of a more suitable word -- solution to this epidemic would be to revert any account that has been proven to have changed ownership back to Newbie rank. It would definitely be a major deterrent to the account selling industry if account buyers were to lose the very thing that they paid for, while still leaving the account itself more or less intact.

Selling bitcoin account isnt risky if first somebod pay you and then you give him bitcoijtalk forum account username password and email username and password.Never give account and then receive payment nobody dont sell nothing with that way online.

Oh, look! A newbie who posted without reading a single post on the thread! He didn't even bother reading the OP itself. If I was an evil mastermind, I'd urge everyone to PM this newbie telling him to read the OP and other members' posts before posting because posting without reading is just a different form of spamming. If I was a sly evil mastermind, I would do that but end this post with a winky face emoji to let other members know that they should take my urging seriously. Too bad I'm neither evil nor sly. Oh well.

...winky face emoji.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:39:24 PM

I also think that selling accounts should not be allowed on bitcointalk. Let people do there own work to get a bitcointalk account with higher rank and positive trust and atleast no red trust. Mostly they use bought account for scamming people or get higher payment in a signature campaign.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:43:19 PM

Technically speaking, that doesn't really solve anything. Since we're assuming that the sold accounts with Legendary rank belong to members who have properly earned them, then there's no reason to not assume that the chosen escrow holder's account itself is not a sold account.

the only thing that can guarantee that an escrow is who they say they are is for them to be publicly identifiable and do each deal with their face showing on skype, and they'd have to have been doing that for a while too. private keys can just as easily be passed on for signing addresses.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 04:04:09 PM

the only thing that can guarantee that an escrow is who they say they are is for them to be publicly identifiable and do each deal with their face showing on skype, and they'd have to have been doing that for a while too. private keys can just as easily be passed on for signing addresses.

I don't think show the face in the Bitcoin world is a intelligent idea.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 04:07:46 PM

yup. but there's really no other way of proving who you are. everything else can be handed over, private keys, pgp keys, passwords, you name it.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 04:10:46 PM

what if I buy an highly trusted escrow ID for $100.000 and than scam people for $1.000.000? looks like a nice deal

Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 04:30:19 PM

yup. but there's really no other way of proving who you are. everything else can be handed over, private keys, pgp keys, passwords, you name it.

Good ideas. But smart contracts can be included?
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 06:38:01 PM

well maybe by using the services of escrow that all would be fine, but if the person already knows his account well, there is a possibility that account be taken over again, but if the person is really what you believe, I guess it would not hurt to buy , but the risk is still there. Well, it's business, if you do not want no risk, then you just need to make it yourself

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 809

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 03:02:14 AM

well maybe by using the services of escrow that all would be fine, but if the person already knows his account well, there is a possibility that account be taken over again, but if the person is really what you believe, I guess it would not hurt to buy , but the risk is still there. Well, it's business, if you do not want no risk, then you just need to make it yourself

If you use escrow it well lessen the danger itself and i think the danger out there is when the seller dont tell the truth if he haves debts bad reputation, scams and any other bad that can be cause to those account to be faulty ones so.thats whynits very risky to buy any of those since we might compromise for the said things,

btcmaroc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:54:20 AM

The risk isn't that the buyer will joke with it,  the risk is that the buyer will use the legendry account for scamming and theres a very high chance that whoever did buy it will scam.  I think all accounts should cost a lot more than they do to try and prevent this but the bottom line is to never trust anyone because you never know if the account is bought and just priming to scam.
yes, I agree  with you ,we should protect our accoun and do not sell!
PuraPuraBego

Activity: 928
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:58:35 AM

For me selling account Bitcointalk not be big matter, but if you wanna to sell if for some reason may you can, with note make good deal with seller or buyer. for high it be on alert when you do some transaction buy or sell. cause here we don't know who we are.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: