Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRC becoming the second most popular Alt-Coin?  (Read 1185 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:04:17 PM

It looks like TRC is the second most popular AltCoin- although it depends on the Metrics used. By number of miners on Coinotron, it's second only to LTC, currently there are over a hundred miners and LTC is about 200. On Vircurex the volume regularly surpasses the other coins, (although these numbers jump around a lot).

Despite the expected drop in price following Bitcoin's yet another rocket-jump, it's still relatively more valuable to the dollar.

more or less retired.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:19:58 PM

The total market value is the most objective indicator of size.

Bitcoin - 10,936,775
Litecoin - 112,605
Namecoin - 11,298
PPCoin - 3,646
Novacoin - 2,706
Terracoin - 2,478

Units in BTC. From dustcoin.com
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:50:45 AM

The total market value is the most objective indicator of size.

Bitcoin - 10,936,775
Litecoin - 112,605
Namecoin - 11,298
PPCoin - 3,646
Novacoin - 2,706
Terracoin - 2,478

Units in BTC. From dustcoin.com

Not in my opinion. Total market value is too unreliable. I would say how many people are mining it would be a better indicator, and if you look at coinotron, it tells (a biased towards pool miners) but  a different story.

If you have 1 million coins and only one person is willing to sell 1 coin and they sell it (or ask to sell it) for $100 then you have a market share of $100 million dollars. It's too variable an indicator to be objective.

more or less retired.
jar

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:07:50 AM

Well, there's certainly plenty of headroom for Terracoin.  While LTC will certainly gain some GPU-miner spillover from BTC once ASICs are ubiquitous, TRC has more potential for a rapid and disproportionate gain in network security from where things are today.  TRC was the only alternate coin that made out big with the most recent surge in the past two weeks.  All others have settled back down close to pre-surge levels.

An interesting comparison would be plotting the USD market value of coins over time rather than comparing to BTC.  BTC and the other alternate coins have been around a bit longer then TRC.  Were the BTC and LTC markets worth 2,478 BTC * $70/BTC = $173,460 a mere four months from introduction?
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Not in my opinion. Total market value is too unreliable. I would say how many people are mining it would be a better indicator, and if you look at coinotron, it tells (a biased towards pool miners) but  a different story.

If you have 1 million coins and only one person is willing to sell 1 coin and they sell it (or ask to sell it) for $100 then you have a market share of $100 million dollars. It's too variable an indicator to be objective.
wtf? cant tell if serious or...

Well, there's certainly plenty of headroom for Terracoin.  While LTC will certainly gain some GPU-miner spillover from BTC once ASICs are ubiquitous, TRC has more potential for a rapid and disproportionate gain in network security from where things are today.  TRC was the only alternate coin that made out big with the most recent surge in the past two weeks.  All others have settled back down close to pre-surge levels.

An interesting comparison would be plotting the USD market value of coins over time rather than comparing to BTC.  BTC and the other alternate coins have been around a bit longer then TRC.  Were the BTC and LTC markets worth 2,478 BTC * $70/BTC = $173,460 a mere four months from introduction?
no.
jar

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:16:51 AM

wtf? cant tell if serious or...

no.

I can't argue with that rebuttal, tgsrge.  You've convinced me.  I'm selling off my TRC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: