Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: H97 Anniversary - No Free Resources Issue - Need Help  (Read 930 times)
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:48:16 AM

I had been ETH mining using Claymore's Dual Miner off two motherboards that would not take more than 4 GPU's.  So I decided to switch over one of them and bought an H97 Anniversary.  I added 8 GB of memory.

I am trying to run 5 GPU's to start, but only 3 are being recognized.  This is after multiple installing an uninstalling Crimson 15.12. 

When I pull up the other two in the Device Manager (which show errors) it says

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."   

That seems odd to me since everyone seems to be able to get 6 GPU's on these boards.  Any idea what I might need to do to accomplish the same?
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 03:28:52 AM

I have never been able to get more than 4 gpus per board. I will be interested in the responses to this thread.

Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:38:05 AM

Additional info:
  • Using Win10
  • Molex on motherboard is powered
  • Using 1 cable riser and 4 USB risers - all powered.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:58:22 AM

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7799/cant-get-6-gpus-to-show-in-windows-10

probably only a drivers issue, try to restart, and reinstall the driver
adly3000

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 06:33:33 AM

i think this could help:
https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/6xGPU.html
please confirm if it is working after.
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:56:39 PM

Got some direction from the microsoft community site.  One user with this issue said to delete all motherboard resources in System Devices.  Looking at System Devices, I don't know which ones are motherboard devices, but there seems to be more there than there should be.  Anyone know?

Then the other constant suggestion is to upgrade to the latest drivers - which I can't do if I'm going to run claymore's miner.
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:59:16 PM

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/7799/cant-get-6-gpus-to-show-in-windows-10

probably only a drivers issue, try to restart, and reinstall the driver

I have actually done this with DDU a number of times.  But I have not been able to get all the gpu's to show up under Display Adapters in the Device Manager after running DDU.  I still only get 3. 
Maybe I try to manually install the drivers at that point.  Before running Crimson.
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:07:40 PM

Then the other constant suggestion is to upgrade to the latest drivers - which I can't do if I'm going to run claymore's miner.

Of course you can

Latest drivers will not affect you hash rate
navydude

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:39:38 PM

Of course you can

Latest drivers will not affect you hash rate

I can confirm this as all 9 of my rigs are running latest drivers. No affect on hash. I am also having issues with GPUs being detected on about 5 of the 9. I am running what I can for now but its not a AMD driver issue. Something to do with bios maybe. In the H97 the bios allows you to see whats connected to each slot of the computer. I can get 5 of the slots to show a card but never the pcie 16x. It seems to be a bios issue but IDK really. Thats with no hdd connected so i know its not windows problems.

MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:55:20 PM

All of my rigs run 6 cards (on the H81 boards), and while not all the displays show up in the display manager, they do on the ATI driver.  And I run the latest ATI drivers with Claymore without any issues...
navydude

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 12:55:11 PM

All of my rigs run 6 cards (on the H81 boards), and while not all the displays show up in the display manager, they do on the ATI driver.  And I run the latest ATI drivers with Claymore without any issues...

So your cards dont show on the display manager but run in miner. Thats odd because no matter what i do, if its not showing in manager it will not start with miner. Of course it doesnt show in the ATI manager either though. I am using H81 boards aswell. I did buy two H97 to test and see if it would cure the issue but it did not.

fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 06:37:55 PM

I had been ETH mining using Claymore's Dual Miner off two motherboards that would not take more than 4 GPU's.  So I decided to switch over one of them and bought an H97 Anniversary.  I added 8 GB of memory.

I am trying to run 5 GPU's to start, but only 3 are being recognized.  This is after multiple installing an uninstalling Crimson 15.12. 

When I pull up the other two in the Device Manager (which show errors) it says

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."   

That seems odd to me since everyone seems to be able to get 6 GPU's on these boards.  Any idea what I might need to do to accomplish the same?

What cards are you using?

What I found to work best to avoid this situation is ensuring all the cards you want in the rig are connected before installing Windows.

With initial boot restart, then install AMD drivers by going to device manager, selecting the primary card and updating driver software.  After restarting again they should all be detected.
Swimmer63 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:37:48 PM

i think this could help:

This did not help.  But I have since done a clean restart of Windows 10.

Now I can see 3 of 5 cards in device manager.  No errors and no evidence of any other cards even being noticed by the system.

I am going to try this again.
stoon

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:59:32 PM

Have you tried in the BIOS to change the PCIe setting to Ver1 and turn off audio? I've had this happen to me as well. The DDU uninstall  sometimes works. Changing the power settings in Win 10 to performance may work. If you can to manually install the drivers in Device manager.
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:01:01 PM

i think this could help:

This did not help.  But I have since done a clean restart of Windows 10.

Now I can see 3 of 5 cards in device manager.  No errors and no evidence of any other cards even being noticed by the system.

I am going to try this again.
Did you remember to check "Force"? If not it might be the problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: