Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Exprience With Bittrex.com  (Read 2620 times)
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:47:10 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 08:57:29 AM by Zohaib_Ali

Hello everyone, as I am totally new to the bitcoin world, I signed up for btc wallet on bittrex, and started to work a little bit on epay faucet rotator and on tuesday it was the day for minimum threshold automatic payout day so I waited for them to pay me, after sometime I can see my bittrex wallet got some transaction but it is in pending deposit state, few hours has past by but it is still in pending deposit state. Can anyone share their experience? And when will the transaction will be completed 100% ? Smiley
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 AM

I personally wouldn't recommend an online wallet as you are not the only one with access to the private key. As for the transaction time depending on the fee it could take a few hours or so.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 11:40:28 AM

Hello everyone, as I am totally new to the bitcoin world, I signed up for btc wallet on bittrex, and started to work a little bit on epay faucet rotator and on tuesday it was the day for minimum threshold automatic payout day so I waited for them to pay me, after sometime I can see my bittrex wallet got some transaction but it is in pending deposit state, few hours has past by but it is still in pending deposit state. Can anyone share their experience? And when will the transaction will be completed 100% ? Smiley

Welcome, don't worry too much about not getting the bitcoin as it is in a pending state so it will arrive, it could take minutes or a few hours depending on the transaction fee that the faucet paid which is more than likely very small so it will take longer.

Online wallets should be okay for you as you are just starting out and using faucets as they pay out a small amount, if you do decide to stick around and have a larger amount of bitcoin then there are other options you could consider to store your bitcoin, when that time comes just have a search on the forum and you will find further information.

Bittrex is a pretty cool exchange, I have used them for a few years and have never had any problems with them.

Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:21:37 PM

I personally wouldn't recommend an online wallet as you are not the only one with access to the private key. As for the transaction time depending on the fee it could take a few hours or so.
I agree that online wallet is not the best option but as newbie I can afford to try it. Transaction was done 15 hours ago but it is still not confirmed.
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:29:04 PM

Welcome, don't worry too much about not getting the bitcoin as it is in a pending state so it will arrive, it could take minutes or a few hours depending on the transaction fee that the faucet paid which is more than likely very small so it will take longer.

Online wallets should be okay for you as you are just starting out and using faucets as they pay out a small amount, if you do decide to stick around and have a larger amount of bitcoin then there are other options you could consider to store your bitcoin, when that time comes just have a search on the forum and you will find further information.

Bittrex is a pretty cool exchange, I have used them for a few years and have never had any problems with them.

Thank you for the reply, as for transaction amount it is really low but for new guy it means alot. Smiley Transaction was done around 15 hours ago but it is not confirmed yet(everyone hate waiting Tongue). As for bittrex, I heard +ive reviews about them that's why I signed up for them. Have a nice day. Smiley
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:01:16 PM

I agree that online wallet is not the best option but as newbie I can afford to try it. Transaction was done 15 hours ago but it is still not confirmed.

Bittrex is quite trusted exchange and i use their service also. But it is true, that you shouldn't trust online wallets.

15 hours is a lot of time, but if transaction fee was very low it can take even up to 3 days.. (it can happen in extreme situation, when fee is zero. Can even happen that transaction will be cancelled after those 3 days.) Everything is about fee.. Wink

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:17:13 PM

i do have same experience as you about 1 year ago it took more than 24 hours to get 1 confirmations but i'm not deposit bitcoin it's my dogecoin at there and because nothing you could do for waiting confirmations of transactions for me it's simple could you contact their support and asking to them to help you for this issue might be if you're lucky they may to help you
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:42:10 PM

Bittrex is quite trusted exchange and i use their service also. But it is true, that you shouldn't trust online wallets.

15 hours is a lot of time, but if transaction fee was very low it can take even up to 3 days.. (it can happen in extreme situation, when fee is zero. Can even happen that transaction will be cancelled after those 3 days.) Everything is about fee.. Wink
Yeah you are right, transaction is low so their fees will be almost nill (0), but it can be heartbreaking if transaction gets cancelled because for a newbie this small amount means alot. Let's hope for best. Smiley
TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:46:48 PM

First time i used bittrex, i don't like it because it is not too support for android and the interface of website is not comfort with me. Today i don't use it again. I use poloniex for trading alt coin.
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:50:37 PM

i do have same experience as you about 1 year ago it took more than 24 hours to get 1 confirmations but i'm not deposit bitcoin it's my dogecoin at there and because nothing you could do for waiting confirmations of transactions for me it's simple could you contact their support and asking to them to help you for this issue might be if you're lucky they may to help you

Thank you for sharing your experience, yes you are right that I can just wait, I will definitely contact their support team and see if they can help me but after some time, maybe I will wait for around 2-3 days and see what happens, good luck to me. Smiley
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:59:48 PM

First time i used bittrex, i don't like it because it is not too support for android and the interface of website is not comfort with me. Today i don't use it again. I use poloniex for trading alt coin.
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us, poloniex, I heard some good reviews about it, I will definitely check it out. And user interface opinion depends on the user, many people like it and many people hate it.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 05:32:55 PM

Yeah you are right, transaction is low so their fees will be almost nill (0), but it can be heartbreaking if transaction gets cancelled because for a newbie this small amount means alot. Let's hope for best. Smiley

If will be cancelled it doesn't mean will disapper Wink will come back to the address from where was sended.

Ps. When you answer to posts, better do that in one post, not separately for every.. it can be taken as spamming. (Forum rules)

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:34:52 AM

If will be cancelled it doesn't mean will disapper Wink will come back to the address from where was sended.

Ps. When you answer to posts, better do that in one post, not separately for every.. it can be taken as spamming. (Forum rules)
Hello, I finally got my transaction fully completed it took more that 24 hours but now it is done, my first btc even though it is in satoshi Smiley. Ohh sorry I didn't know about reply should be given in one post, I'll be cautious next time Smiley Thanks for guiding me.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:00:55 PM

Bittrex for wallet? Actually bittrex is exhanger rather than online wallet. There are some popular and trusted wallets like blockchain.info , coinbase.com, xapo.com , electrum desktop/mobile wallet etc which provide so many feature than just a bitcoin address you have in your bittrex wallet.

Happy to see that your transaction got confirmed but remember always to use recommended fee when sending bitcoin to get confirmed within few minutes. But receiving bitcoin depends on the fee the sender will assign.
Zohaib_Ali (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:05:03 PM

Bittrex for wallet? Actually bittrex is exhanger rather than online wallet. There are some popular and trusted wallets like blockchain.info , coinbase.com, xapo.com , electrum desktop/mobile wallet etc which provide so many feature than just a bitcoin address you have in your bittrex wallet.

Happy to see that your transaction got confirmed but remember always to use recommended fee when sending bitcoin to get confirmed within few minutes. But receiving bitcoin depends on the fee the sender will assign.

Thanks for good wishes, I will definitely check all these wallets that you told me, yes surely I will always use recommended fee to send bitcoin to get confirmed, I think the sender used low amount of fees, that's why it took more than 24 hours, anyway I got my first transaction, hurray. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: