Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 04:03:20 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any newbies also miners?  (Read 467 times)
InspiredEye

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 02:32:12 AM

Are any of the newbies here also miners, have mining equipment on the way, or thinking of mining?

Free Bitcoin Trading http://Buttercoin.com
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aztec

Activity: 56

The Geek shall inherit the Earth

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:50:14 AM

Are any of the newbies here also miners, have mining equipment on the way, or thinking of mining?

I've been mining for about 2 weeks. I had a decent card in my gaming rig so I thought "why not" and I have to say i cant afford to give up my day job. It's just a hobby for me and a bit of speculation. I'll be lucky to get a coin a month tbh but if these coins take off like some here think it is definitely worth the extra electricity I'm paying.

It's also a lot of fun Smiley With the exchange rates climbing and the super fast ASICS delayed why not mine a little now

Gift Address: 1GVTJJtDo7mXg8rW4mQBukqwshKzqizc4U
Feldspar

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:00:10 AM

Yeah, I've been GPU mining on a gaming rig I built in January, with a Radeon 7850 installed. I have just about mined 1.3 BTC altogether using bfgminer on Eligius' pool, though I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't be getting better than the ~250MHs I generally get. Not sure how to make it more efficient though.

Like Aztec said, it's been fun as a hobby, and I've been able to turn the first .6 I mined into about 1.2 BTC playing poker on SealsWithClubs, and with the prices soaring, I'm pretty happy to have about 2 BTC to my name.  Cheesy
Aztec

Activity: 56

The Geek shall inherit the Earth

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:48:04 AM

Yeah, I've been GPU mining on a gaming rig I built in January, with a Radeon 7850 installed. I have just about mined 1.3 BTC altogether using bfgminer on Eligius' pool, though I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't be getting better than the ~250MHs I generally get. Not sure how to make it more efficient though.

Like Aztec said, it's been fun as a hobby, and I've been able to turn the first .6 I mined into about 1.2 BTC playing poker on SealsWithClubs, and with the prices soaring, I'm pretty happy to have about 2 BTC to my name.  Cheesy

Do you know how to set flags in BFGminer?

Found these flags for your card in the hardware comparison list that might be worth a try to squeeze some extra mhash/s
-v 1 -k poclbm -I 6

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

Gift Address: 1GVTJJtDo7mXg8rW4mQBukqwshKzqizc4U
Feldspar

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:51:04 AM

Do you know how to set flags in BFGminer?

Found these flags for your card in the hardware comparison list that might be worth a try to squeeze some extra mhash/s
-v 1 -k poclbm -I 6

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see if it helps. Smiley
TheDarkBanker

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:57:39 AM

Maybe I should give it a go too. Wonder how distributing computing networks would fare.... too bad I don't have a desktop with 5 Nvidia Tesla GPUs to play around with  Cheesy

Donate BTC: 14iQSjCUF7kaTFeTU3Zhh7UEx3RxtZfNSn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.