Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinocracy, tables have turned, big blocks in the lead  (Read 589 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1571

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 08:51:12 AM

During the whole blocksize debate, I recall many 'small blockers' pointing to Bitcoinocracy as a likely the best tool to measure the community's sentiment (or just serious holders).

All the polls relating to blocksize debate were in favour of the Core side for a long time, until yesterday when huge-amount (>40k btc) address (Bitmain?) voted and reversed polls results.

http://bitcoinocracy.com/addresses/1KwA4fS4uVuCNjCtMivE7m5ATbv93UZg8V

So the natural question to the Core supporters: is Bitcoinocracy still a reliable metric and should the results be respected by the devs?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:25:08 PM

Bitcoin is not proof of Stake coin, so voting with coins is pointless in my opinion. And voting with under 1% of all Bitcoins on Bitcoinocracy is not very representative sample, plus the likelihood over 50% of all mined Bitcoins going to vote for some change is practically zero - thats why any suggestion future hard fork changes should have support from majority of coins is pointless. I would answer this way regardless who was winning on Bitcoinocracy, Im not 1 MB supporter anyway.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:41:15 PM

Bitcoin is not proof of Stake coin, so voting with coins is pointless in my opinion. And voting with under 1% of all Bitcoins on Bitcoinocracy is not very representative sample, plus the likelihood over 50% of all mined Bitcoins going to vote for some change is practically zero - thats why any suggestion future hard fork changes should have support from majority of coins is pointless. I would answer this way regardless who was winning on Bitcoinocracy, Im not 1 MB supporter anyway.

Yeah it is a pointless vote, as you say.
But the question of OP was to Core supporters "is Bitcoinocracy still a reliable metric and should the results be respected by the devs?"
Which it clearly isn't... anymore... now.  Cry

Which is why there were no reply's here in over 36 hours..
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:19:52 PM

number of coins shouldn't mean a great deal. I read somewhere that andreas guy has over 100 but not much more and he's someone most people are gonna give their time to listen to.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:38:44 AM

And another one: bitcoinocracy.com/addresses/16cou7Ht6WjTzuFyDBnht9hmvXytg6XdVT

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:23:14 AM

This is only posturing, regardless of which side is winning.

Real voting can only occur post fork when actual value is on the line. (Even then games can still be played to make it seem like one side is the clear winner before everything suddenly flips.)

Anyway... lets fork and see what happens? The block size debate grows tiresome. Time to act!

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:11:56 PM

This is only posturing, regardless of which side is winning.

Real voting can only occur post fork when actual value is on the line. (Even then games can still be played to make it seem like one side is the clear winner before everything suddenly flips.)

Anyway... lets fork and see what happens? The block size debate grows tiresome. Time to act!

Glad to see an ole' timer like yourself support a hard fork.

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1571

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 08:50:53 AM

Yeah it is a pointless vote, as you say.
But the question of OP was to Core supporters "is Bitcoinocracy still a reliable metric and should the results be respected by the devs?"
Which it clearly isn't... anymore... now.  Cry

Which is why there were no reply's here in over 36 hours..

This.

Bitcoinocracy is very lacking and it's easy to abuse (ie businesses voting with customers' deposits etc). But when pretty much every other poll showed support for blocksize increase, Core supporters dismissed them as unreliable and they quoted Bitcoinocracy results as the only good indicator of what "real bitcoin holders" want. So what happens now?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:10:09 PM

Maybe this is just an attitude . that regardless of which side wins. most people would give their time to listen and I
read that a lot of people who have more than 50 addresses .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: