Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Creator: Interest in ETC ‘Coming from the Bitcoin Side’  (Read 2511 times)
Posternut (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:50:21 PM

The cryptocurrency community has been reeling from the Ethereum hard fork as the Ethereum Classic (ETC) token has gained momentum with mining, users and major exchanges enabling its trading. Meanwhile, Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin believes that interest in this minority chain token is “actually coming from the Bitcoin side.”

https://news.bitcoin.com/ethereum-creator-interest-etc-bitcoin/
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:04:22 PM

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:06:47 PM

WE will show him that ETC is the right way and ETH is just another mcoin or swisscoin or one coin

ETH will become soon privately mined. Where are all the good things crypto should bring in our lives? Sure as hell not in ETH.

Space for rent if its still trending
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:11:09 PM

Sweet Jesus man, did you make this?! This is the best on of these besides the one on the toy package. I might have this printed out, it's great  Grin
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:20:06 PM

I really hope ETC will reach ~3$ so i can sell mine..
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:21:48 PM

I really hope ETC will reach ~3$ so i can sell mine..

On top of that, when ETC reaches $3, you will be able to buy 10 times more ETH with it :-)
americanpegasus

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:24:13 PM

"Great Britain: Interest in this concept of the United States is coming mainly from the colonists."

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Arrakeen

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:24:54 PM

I wouldn't trust one word vitalik says any more. Too much behind the scenes scamming by these guys... Etc is probably theirs too
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:30:49 PM

I wouldn't trust one word vitalik says any more. Too much behind the scenes scamming by these guys... Etc is probably theirs too

Also, the stand alone/separatist mentality isn't really appreciated at the moment. This was his baby, now it's all belly up. Taking the stance that ETC is the enemy, along with Bitcoin enthusiasts, and that they are working together to hinder the project is kind of silly/childish. There are plenty of 'Ethereum' guys with ETC,
NorthPixel

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:38:48 PM

WE will show him that ETC is the right way and ETH is just another mcoin or swisscoin or one coin

ETH will become soon privately mined. Where are all the good things crypto should bring in our lives? Sure as hell not in ETH.

Why do you say the ETH will be privately mined? Will the ETC not privately mined? Are we allowed to mine ETC publicaly?
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:44:27 PM

Powerful thing I read is ETC will be the longest lived chain.  ETH will fork again whenever there is a problem.  ETC is timeless and immutable.

mining1

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:59:01 PM

And he's right, ETC would stand a chance if it would be a bitcoin clone and therefore it's purpose would be being a currency / payment system only, not a platform for dapps that's needing further development. Whoever comes as dev / devs will have to do alot of catching up and will never be on the same skill level with current eth foundation, would be stupid to think otherwise. And that is the reason it doesn't stand a chance, no one will go for ETC as a currency alternative to BTC.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:05:21 PM

Actually ETC seems to exist here and keep on having huge daily volume for few more weeks. It is not quite clear from where all those mining power are keep on increasing in ETC. Main question still remain is whether or at what point the hacker will dump all the ETC he have.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
dinofelis

Merit: 629

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:11:50 PM

And he's right, ETC would stand a chance if it would be a bitcoin clone and therefore it's purpose would be being a currency / payment system only, not a platform for dapps that's needing further development. Whoever comes as dev / devs will have to do alot of catching up and will never be on the same skill level with current eth foundation, would be stupid to think otherwise. And that is the reason it doesn't stand a chance, no one will go for ETC as a currency alternative to BTC.

What line of code for ETH will not be also a line of code for ETC (apart from the few if statements concerning the DAO of course...) ?
mining1

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:14:55 PM

Probably 1-2 whales, including the thief, may try to pump it but as you can see it doesnt hold, people are dumping fast on higher prices.
GreenBits
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:39:24 PM

Now that I think about it, if the exchanges had not listed ETC to trade with post fork, we would not even be having this discussion. Is this the result of the exchanges rushing to implement ETC on platform, so they could get the trading commissions that new, hot market would bring? Most people would not have the tech savvy to access these coins, Polo greatly facilitated people being able to trade these.
serje
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:10:04 PM

Why do you say the ETH will be privately mined? Will the ETC not privately mined? Are we allowed to mine ETC publicaly?

Because of the fork they did!!! What's next? Mining with devices that only eth foundation has? And you will have to rent them from eth foundation?

Etc will survive because the twins have a lot of crazy enemies that will do anything to keep etc alive!

My opinion!

serje
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:13:40 PM

Actually ETC seems to exist here and keep on having huge daily volume for few more weeks. It is not quite clear from where all those mining power are keep on increasing in ETC. Main question still remain is whether or at what point the hacker will dump all the ETC he have.

There are rumors that the thief will donate them to the new developers of etc!
This is only a rumor but if this happens oh God!!! We will see a big increase in etc price.

Technicrate

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

This is only a rumor but if this happens oh God!!! We will see a big increase in etc price.

Do you have the source of the rumour? That is a very interesting development. If he donated early, there is no need to hard fork.
serje
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:52:09 PM

Do you have the source of the rumour? That is a very interesting development. If he donated early, there is no need to hard fork.

Yes, of course! Someone said it on poliniex trollbox! And in everything there is a little seed of truth!

My opinion now! Someone who hates the twins did the hack! And then the hacker becomes one of the new devs for etc. and then he says that he will donate everything to the dev team of etc!

Everyone is impressed and buys etc and then the dev sells a little for development

And so on .....

Or it may be just some words in the wind! We will find out at one point!

Anyhow you can always hang in the trollbox and see all kind of rumors, but this one is quite brilliant and I like it!

Like Lana del Rey used to say "I like you a lot, please don't let it stop!"

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: