Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:56:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Creator: Interest in ETC ‘Coming from the Bitcoin Side’  (Read 2511 times)
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 05:57:24 PM

I read that the other day when he sai that etc is a way of bitcoiners showing how they feel or something along that lines and did think it seemed a bit strange coming from someone who i beleived has a neutral stance in the bitcoin world. I think he hasnt taken the dao being hacked and the hardfork as well as he might have liked. I wonder how long until he dumps his remaining eth that he holds?

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:52:45 AM

Actually ETC seems to exist here and keep on having huge daily volume for few more weeks. It is not quite clear from where all those mining power are keep on increasing in ETC. Main question still remain is whether or at what point the hacker will dump all the ETC he have.

There are rumors that the thief will donate them to the new developers of etc!
This is only a rumor but if this happens oh God!!! We will see a big increase in etc price.

Do you have the source of the rumour? That is a very interesting development. If he donated early, there is no need to hard fork.

Can you tell us at tleast the general direction of where this rumor came from? This twist would change this whole thing again...

Why won't this story dir dammit?
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 03:24:25 AM

The cryptocurrency community has been reeling from the Ethereum hard fork as the Ethereum Classic (ETC) token has gained momentum with mining, users and major exchanges enabling its trading. Meanwhile, Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin believes that interest in this minority chain token is “actually coming from the Bitcoin side.”

https://news.bitcoin.com/ethereum-creator-interest-etc-bitcoin/

what he fails to undestand is that he did a wrong thing and he doesn't want to accept it. forking your coin just because you and your whales have lost money is wrong especially when you don't have everybody on board this happens.

although it seems like the real whales don't care about these things they do their pump and dump and now they have two coins to do the pump and dump in Cheesy

Buying the dip...
NorthPixel

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:09:23 PM

Actually ETC seems to exist here and keep on having huge daily volume for few more weeks. It is not quite clear from where all those mining power are keep on increasing in ETC. Main question still remain is whether or at what point the hacker will dump all the ETC he have.

There are rumors that the thief will donate them to the new developers of etc!
This is only a rumor but if this happens oh God!!! We will see a big increase in etc price.

Do you have the source of the rumour? That is a very interesting development. If he donated early, there is no need to hard fork.

Can you tell us at tleast the general direction of where this rumor came from? This twist would change this whole thing again...

Why won't this story dir dammit?

We do not hear about the intention of the black hat DAO hacker now. That will concern some of us.
TomPetty

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:46:39 PM

Ethereum Creator: Interest in ETC ‘Coming from the Bitcoin Side’

That is rich coming from the ETH creator where 99% of the funding came from early btc adopters.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:13:25 PM

I think a lot of ETC interest is coming from ETH holders. At least today, the effect has begun of "ETC up ETH down" that I outline here:

Also something I thought of. If ETC keeps appreciating in price and ETH moves sideways or down it is very likely we would see a larger influx to ETC I mean just from ETH holders in this scenario. Some ETHers that I know sold their ETC as quickly as possible for some reason.. they were given a free hedge but easy come easy go I guess.

Another scenario is because the fork is a losing chain. The ETH miners are selling all of their mined earnings and will buy more mining rigs to start mining ETC. They will adjust slowly and transfer all their mining power to ETC if it is the winning chain.

Sure. But I mean it's like a positive feedback loop. It could bring down ETH and replace it with ETC.

So you're the average ETH holder for the technology. You want to use or see the use of smart contracts in the future or whatever. Now ETH moves sideways, but ETC keeps increasing in both hash and market cap everyday. Now you get nervous over holding ETH even if it is moving sideways since ETC is growing rapidly and you can tell it is getting more attention than ETH. The logical thing to do is to sell your ETH and buy ETC, at some benchmark you've set for yourself. Me, I bought it right away out of ideological reasons. Others might have a certain price or like a % out of ETH cap, and so fourth... but the thing is that ETC might actually take down ETH based on this argument I lay out for you all.

Because as time progresses and ETC price increases more and more will sell their ETH in favor for ETC. The thing is that ETH doesn't necessarily need to go up or down for ETC to succeed but it seems likely it could go down some in the future should this scenario play out which I think it will.

To sum it up at some point ETC will be worth more than ETH. And ETH doesn't necessarily need to drop in price for this to occur, but it seems likely it will.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:19:31 PM

Also would like to add these past few days I've seen some stuff in /r/ethereum. Most people agreed to the fork for 'noble' reasons but now it is becoming apparent it was only to get their investment back. Since they have proposed a 51% attack on ETC, filing trademark claims and other forms of hacking with the motivation that "code allows it" or whatever. Today one of the top posts is that ETH foundation should dump all their coins.

So you know these people have become just as criminal as the hacker which is really surprising considering they all used to be pretty "above and smarter than everyone else" that they would never resort to these tactics. Funny how that works.. first HF because of "noble" reasons i.e get their investment back, then try to use all these things they want to HF out of on ETC to try to ruin a lot of people's ETC investment. These forkers really have no shame.

twitter.com/erikledgers
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 05:20:44 PM

Well, if this was the case, this would legitimize ETC even more. What he calls "Bitcoin side" is the side that enabled ETH to exist in the first place, not only because ETH depends on the invention of the blockchain but because ETH was founded with BTC.

ETC will win. Hold.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 05:32:34 PM

I'm starting to think Vitalik is the Dao hacker.

greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 06:16:46 PM

http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/ethereum-classic-attack-pool-under-ddos-attacks/

64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 06:18:28 PM

I think we are missing the big picture.

Why can't some meta ETH organization acquire/manage both chains? This is exactly the way a corporation would handle it. Some customers want an immutable chain, fine, you sell that solution. Some customers want the turing complete more hassle functionality. Fine you offer that. One organization dev'ing both chains would make sense. In some ways the ETH chain would be then the developmental chain for the immutable ETC chain.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 06:20:52 PM

Why can't some meta ETH organization acquire/manage both chains? This is exactly the way a corporation would handle it. Some customers want an immutable chain, fine, you sell that solution. Some customers want the turing complete more hassle functionality. Fine you offer that. One organization dev'ing both chains would make sense. In some ways the ETH chain would be then the developmental chain for the immutable ETC chain.

The point is, ETH advertises itself as a decentralized smart contract machine without third party intervention, and that is what they did, intervene in the smart contract. So they should start a new project not called Ethereum. ETC is Ethereum.. ETH is an abortion.
NorthPixel

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:33:12 PM

The Ethereum will be more valuable if it has only one chain as it is more secure and people can concentrate their efforts.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:02:35 PM

This is the reality of the situation. They are both here at this point, better to accomdate both than to.try to poloraze folks. Plenty of miners for both chains, and the price will be more volatile if there are two of these coins to play off of. They serve entirely different markets, these coins are there own individual beasts at this point.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:40:28 AM

Excuse me? Why do you think that? Is it because they cannot deliver a scalable "world computer" is promised? Because what I think is they have no idea how to cash out their ETH because they know this has to end somewhere. All they sold the people is empty dreams and fantasies. But in reality Ethereum will not scale and work as promised. It will fail. So they will need a way to cash out.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
NorthPixel

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 01:57:43 PM

Excuse me? Why do you think that? Is it because they cannot deliver a scalable "world computer" is promised? Because what I think is they have no idea how to cash out their ETH because they know this has to end somewhere. All they sold the people is empty dreams and fantasies. But in reality Ethereum will not scale and work as promised. It will fail. So they will need a way to cash out.

There is no need to respond to that comment. That is baseless. I wonder who is responsible to report to the authority about the hack.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 02:00:33 PM

Anybody could have been the DAO hacker but the inside job theory is not to be taken lightly. Who else would know the code better than the authors themselves? I don't discard the theory that Stephan's crew is involved. In any case ETH is damaged and ETC is the answer even if ETH whales are trying everything possible to stop it, it refuses to go down.
NorthPixel

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:48:35 PM

Anybody could have been the DAO hacker but the inside job theory is not to be taken lightly. Who else would know the code better than the authors themselves? I don't discard the theory that Stephan's crew is involved. In any case ETH is damaged and ETC is the answer even if ETH whales are trying everything possible to stop it, it refuses to go down.

It could be an inside job. Has anybody reported to the police about the DAO theft. Who will be responsible for catching the thief?
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:37:44 PM

the interest towards ETC comes from users, those users who believe that altcoins should be decentralized and they must be without any manipulation from the developers and whales.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
NorthPixel

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:45:06 AM

the interest towards ETC comes from users, those users who believe that altcoins should be decentralized and they must be without any manipulation from the developers and whales.

I think the interest of the ETC is from the big whales or the pumper and dumpers. They will dump after they have made enough profits.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: