Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:54:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH is a whale-controlled spreadsheet. ETC is a decentralized DAPP platform.  (Read 888 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

What is the difference between ETH and a Google Docs spreadsheet?  Not much.  Both can be used to run pseudo-decentralized code, with the caveat that if all the humans in charge agree they don't like something or it hurts their bottom line they can manually reverse offending computations.  

But what is ETC (Ethereum Classic)?  It is the real deal, a tough-as-nails decentralized computing platform - literally the world's computer.  And because it's the world's computer there are no undos or takebacks.  If your code is faulty, there may be disastrous consequences.  But you can also trust that if it survives, you are truly running an uncorruptable decentralized application which can't be altered by special interests or selfish motives.  

If you aren't sure about what you want out of a decentralized computing platform, cut your teeth on ETH - they will bail you out if you take too hard of a loss.  But if you're ready for the big leagues, Ethereum Classic is ready for you.  

(I'm proudly long, because I recognize value when I see it.)

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Efemen

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:20:44 PM

You should also buy some hash to protect the ETC network. There are possibilities that it will be 51% attacked.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 02:26:19 PM

I agree with the OP, but on the other hand, the demand for "the world computer" is essentially over.  The true platform for that is closer to ETC than to the ETH spreadsheet as you say, but I think that none of it is in demand.  Or maybe tiny contracts to lend out a bike :-)
Efemen

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:04:42 AM

The Ethereum Foundation, the big Chinese company and the ICO holders controls the ETC as well as the ETH.
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 12:53:34 PM

The Ethereum Foundation, the big Chinese company and the ICO holders controls the ETC as well as the ETH.

Precisely. ETH whales have now become ETH(ETC) whales. Probably thanking high heavens for the free BTC and new toy. Meanwhile green-eyed bitcoiners think they've found a new hammer to smash the head of ETH. You couldn't make it up. No-one would believe you.
Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:27:47 PM

Check this theory out:

Also something I thought of. If ETC keeps appreciating in price and ETH moves sideways or down it is very likely we would see a larger influx to ETC I mean just from ETH holders in this scenario. Some ETHers that I know sold their ETC as quickly as possible for some reason.. they were given a free hedge but easy come easy go I guess.

Another scenario is because the fork is a losing chain. The ETH miners are selling all of their mined earnings and will buy more mining rigs to start mining ETC. They will adjust slowly and transfer all their mining power to ETC if it is the winning chain.

Sure. But I mean it's like a positive feedback loop. It could bring down ETH and replace it with ETC.

So you're the average ETH holder for the technology. You want to use or see the use of smart contracts in the future or whatever. Now ETH moves sideways, but ETC keeps increasing in both hash and market cap everyday. Now you get nervous over holding ETH even if it is moving sideways since ETC is growing rapidly and you can tell it is getting more attention than ETH. The logical thing to do is to sell your ETH and buy ETC, at some benchmark you've set for yourself. Me, I bought it right away out of ideological reasons. Others might have a certain price or like a % out of ETH cap, and so fourth... but the thing is that ETC might actually take down ETH based on this argument I lay out for you all.

Because as time progresses and ETC price increases more and more will sell their ETH in favor for ETC. The thing is that ETH doesn't necessarily need to go up or down for ETC to succeed but it seems likely it could go down some in the future should this scenario play out which I think it will.

To sum it up at some point ETC will be worth more than ETH. And ETH doesn't necessarily need to drop in price for this to occur, but it seems likely it will.

And btw all these DAPPS that pledge allegiance to ETH.. they are just businesses. Businesses would leave ETH in a hard beat if ETC has a larger market cap and users. It's just business.

twitter.com/erikledgers
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:02:30 PM

Low quality FUD against ethereum and i got to this conclusion by just reading the title.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:16:56 PM

Precisely. ETH whales have now become ETH(ETC) whales. Probably thanking high heavens for the free BTC and new toy. Meanwhile green-eyed bitcoiners think they've found a new hammer to smash the head of ETH. You couldn't make it up. No-one would believe you.

um, yeah. why isn't this being shouted about a little more? something you got for nothing ain't gonna have quite the same special place in your heart. I guess it's something that'll sort itself out over time but it's a bit of a black mark of its own.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 05:13:25 PM

ETH = Human controlled interventionist blockchain.

ETC = Automated immutable smart contract machine

ETH can't win.
Efemen

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:40:14 AM

ETH = Human controlled interventionist blockchain.

ETC = Automated immutable smart contract machine

ETH can't win.

ETC is also controlled by the Ethereum Foundation, Big Chinese miners and also the DAO hackers. So it is more centralised.
airtoken

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:24:03 AM

"world computer"? Who took a shit into your brain?

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:40:26 AM

First time ETC having a hash rate of over 1000GH/s while keeps ETH's decreasing!
Now only 1884 blocks behind. 2 days ago it had been over 3000 blocks!
Barry Silbert again seemed to have a good nose. This is going to become very interesting the next days and weeks.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:42:27 PM

First time ETC having a hash rate of over 1000GH/s while keeps ETH's decreasing!
Now only 1884 blocks behind. 2 days ago it had been over 3000 blocks!
Barry Silbert again seemed to have a good nose. This is going to become very interesting the next days and weeks.

ETC is making history. Good visionaries are getting rich while demonstrating that bailouts simply do not work in the crypto economy and any coin that tries to bailout will get destroyed and replaced by its original chain.
ETC to parity with ETH soon, then 0.018.
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:16:49 PM

I have come to love ETH because of all the pump around it. I am sorry to see it lose steam, hope ETH gets back on its feet again and stop wobbling around.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
Efemen

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:28:59 AM

I have come to love ETH because of all the pump around it. I am sorry to see it lose steam, hope ETH gets back on its feet again and stop wobbling around.

The usage and the price of the ETH could rise again as Vitalik said he is 100% with the ETH. So it could be good.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:32:49 AM

The usage and the price of the ETH could rise again as Vitalik said he is 100% with the ETH. So it could be good.
we need to better watch out on it if he will stay the possibility of bouncing back is there, i will try to buy small amount again hope it will win back, good luck. by the way already earning to with etc good timing for perfect earning.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:46:21 AM

I agree with the topic title.. but !

Since ETC is based on ETH and ETH was not launched fairly..
I do not think either should be "supported"

Sorry guys Wink

I HAVE to say that even though a part of me likes the whole sticking it to "Butters" thing going on  Grin
Or i would be a Fraud (like Minecache)

Obviously i can't stop what you all do.. but i may just FUD your ass hard  Grin  Cool
..you been warned Wink Wink Wink Kiss

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 11:11:34 AM

I agree with the OP, but on the other hand, the demand for "the world computer" is essentially over.  The true platform for that is closer to ETC than to the ETH spreadsheet as you say, but I think that none of it is in demand.  Or maybe tiny contracts to lend out a bike :-)

Don't presume that some clever developers won't see a huge opportunity and capitalize on it.

I'd be long ETC if I was investing in crypto-currencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: