Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PETITION] Stop BOKNAL, the South Korean dog meat festival  (Read 964 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:19:05 PM

[PETITION] Stop BOKNAL, the South Korean dog meat festival

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/678/196/320/stop-buknal-korean-dog-meat-festival/

In one month, over 1,000,000 cats and dogs will be tortured to death.

The Boknal Festival in Boknal, Korea will be held on 17/7; 27/7; 16/8. Soon, the dog and cat meat markets of South Korea will begin the mass butchering of dogs, and cats. Many who partake in this festival believe pet meat has medicinal powers. Medical evidence does not support their claims. The most popular delicacy of this festival is Peppery Dog Meat Soup.

These heinous acts of torture and killing must stop now and forever! People and all animal lovers around the world will not tolerate this. We take an oath to not buy any products that are made in Korea, and we will boycott the Olympic games in 2018.

Sign this petition to condemn the Boknal Dog Meat Festival!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 08:25:54 AM

I would sign a petition for you to stop pretending you care. Sorry to be crude.
Animals are animals be it a dog or a lab rat. Where is your "heart"/sense of justice for the thousands that are being tortured everyday in the name of science? Oh wait that's right.. you don't want them to try their experimental drugs on you but you still very much want to be cured of diseases.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 09:26:19 AM

I would sign a petition for you to stop pretending you care. Sorry to be crude.
Animals are animals be it a dog or a lab rat. Where is your "heart"/sense of justice for the thousands that are being tortured everyday in the name of science? Oh wait that's right.. you don't want them to try their experimental drugs on you but you still very much want to be cured of diseases.

Weather or not op cares is irrelevant to the fact that if something can be done to prevent the suffering of so many animals just by signing a petition then why not just sign in the hope that something is done?  At least op is making an attempt to get more people on board.  If he offered a Petition to stop tests being done on lab animals then so be it but the one in hand is at least one that could potentially be prevented.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:40:43 AM

Lol you all make me laugh a lot.
Funny how so many people are offended by seeing Muslims signing petitions to ban oktobeerfest in Germany,  you all find that disgusting that they dare asking the end of this "cultural activity" even if they live in Germany.  But here what are you doing? Asking the end of a cultural festival, same way Muslims do. You just try to impose your culture. Nothing else.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:51:41 AM

There is an interesting psychological (genetic?) point here. Many people of SE Asia do not have what we Westerners would call a natural love of pity. There is a similar thing among the American Indians of both North and South America.

Is our natural-like pity for suffering life due to inherent Christian values that are built into our society, handed down from parents to children, automatically, unknowingly? Is it a mindset that penetrates throughout our groups and society with a form of inner, subconscious ESP? Is there genetics tied to it?

People who marry from West to SE Asia often produce beautiful children. Yet there is a kind of underlying family difference that at times produces strife, and at other times is so different as to keep strife from being produced in the family, simply because there is no common ground.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:58:51 AM

Funny how so many people are offended by seeing Muslims signing petitions to ban oktobeerfest in Germany,  you all find that disgusting that they dare asking the end of this "cultural activity" even if they live in Germany.  But here what are you doing? Asking the end of a cultural festival, same way Muslims do. You just try to impose your culture. Nothing else.

From Snopes, at http://www.snopes.com/ban-oktoberfest-petition/:
While the petition was "real" in the sense that someone actually posted it to Change.org, it was not written by "Muslim refugees" in Germany as implied by some publications. The author of the petition, Morad Almuradi, listed his location as The Netherlands: http://m.snopes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/netherlands.jpg

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:02:32 PM

While the petition was "real" in the sense that someone actually posted it to Change.org, it was not written by "Muslim refugees" in Germany as implied by some publications. The author of the petition, Morad Almuradi, listed his location as The Netherlands: http://m.snopes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/netherlands.jpg

Cool

Well I didn't even know.
Anyway I didn't understand why this petition made so much noise. As long as they just ask for the removal of something they don't like, what's wrong with it? If they're only "a few that should accept the culture" the petition won't have any effect so why bothering?

And it's the same here, people are actually asking south Korea to change its culture because it offends you? Just LOL

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 12:14:19 PM

If you can't see the difference between those two petitions then i suggest you seek immediate mental help.   No matter what culture your from the torture of animals should not be tolerated.  I understand that the western world Eat pigs for example which are as intelligent as dogs but there are laws in place to treat these animals as well as possible.  Dogs and cats in china and korea are literally boiled alive and tortured while the other animals watch because it's Beleived the more scared the animal is when it dies the better the meat is.  I hope anyone who partakes in these things meets a fate worse than those animals had to endure.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:18:50 PM

Cool

Well I didn't even know.
Anyway I didn't understand why this petition made so much noise. As long as they just ask for the removal of something they don't like, what's wrong with it? If they're only "a few that should accept the culture" the petition won't have any effect so why bothering?

And it's the same here, people are actually asking south Korea to change its culture because it offends you? Just LOL

The mental and emotional torture of Islamites is done by themselves to themselves.
The animals are feeling the pain for real.

However, while it is the way of the Western world to be a bit more "feeling" towards the animals they kill and eat, the SE Asians often don't care about the torture.

In the end, our property is ours, their property is theirs, and Muslim property belongs to Muslims. The major difference between the Muslim thing and our animal cruelty thing is, Islam is trying to take over the world through any little thing they can use. We simply would stop animal cruelty.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:20:49 PM

If you can't see the difference between those two petitions then i suggest you seek immediate mental help.   No matter what culture your from the torture of animals should not be tolerated.  I understand that the western world Eat pigs for example which are as intelligent as dogs but there are laws in place to treat these animals as well as possible.  Dogs and cats in china and korea are literally boiled alive and tortured while the other animals watch because it's Beleived the more scared the animal is when it dies the better the meat is.  I hope anyone who partakes in these things meets a fate worse than those animals had to endure.

No more boil-em lobster alive.    Cool

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 12:25:03 PM

No more boil-em lobster alive.    Cool

Im not going to argue the case on a lobsters intelligence and i wouldn't Eat a lobster anyway because i don't think they should be boiled alive but dogs and cats are far more intelligent than lobsters and hace a wide range of emotions.  If your doing to eat something because you need to in order to survive at least have the decency to kill it as quickly as possible.

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:25:45 PM

What makes this different from systems anywhere else though?

Hundreds of chickens and cows in closed spaces everywhere, with terrible living conditions.
As someone else noted, lobsters are boiled alive too.

Eventually, in the future, when we have sufficiently cheap technology to produce lab grown meat, we'll likely stop eating animals and begin being kinder to them.
But until then, you can't really do anything about this. It's not too hard to imagine a thread like this being made in South Korea petitioning Thanksgiving to be stopped to protect the poor turkeys.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:28:12 PM

Ah! Laughing again!
So you consider animal torture shouldn't be tolerated in any culture? Well I don't see why, there is no reason animal suffering can't be part of a culture. But I could answer you vegetal suffering shouldn't be tolerated, what are you going to do about that in your barbaric culture?  XD
After all, it has been proven that all vegetals produce the same signals than animals when they're torn, cooked or cut. So they do suffer, and you're still doing it.

3 centuries ago it was considered as perfectly normal to do whatever you wanted to animals. There no REASON behind the "don't hurt animals" trend, it's just an evolution of mentalities. So why your mentality should be considered as better than the Asian ones?

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 12:31:46 PM

Funny how so many people are offended by seeing Muslims signing petitions to ban oktobeerfest in Germany,  you all find that disgusting that they dare asking the end of this "cultural activity" even if they live in Germany.  But here what are you doing? Asking the end of a cultural festival, same way Muslims do. You just try to impose your culture. Nothing else.

If you can't see the difference between those two petitions then i suggest you seek immediate mental help.   No matter what culture your from the torture of animals should not be tolerated.  I understand that the western world Eat pigs for example which are as intelligent as dogs but there are laws in place to treat these animals as well as possible.  Dogs and cats in china and korea are literally boiled alive and tortured while the other animals watch because it's Beleived the more scared the animal is when it dies the better the meat is.  I hope anyone who partakes in these things meets a fate worse than those animals had to endure.

Ah! Laughing again!
So you consider animal torture shouldn't be tolerated in any culture? Well I don't see why, there is no reason animal suffering can't be part of a culture. But I could answer you vegetal suffering shouldn't be tolerated, what are you going to do about that in your barbaric culture?  XD
After all, it has been proven that all vegetals produce the same signals than animals when they're torn, cooked or cut. So they do suffer, and you're still doing it.

3 centuries ago it was considered as perfectly normal to do whatever you wanted to animals. There no REASON behind the "don't hurt animals" trend, it's just an evolution of mentalities. So why your mentality should be considered as better than the Asian ones?

Do you mean vegetables?  Are you a half wit or are you just arguing for the sake of it?  You obviously struggle with day to day life if you compare a petition to do with drinking beer and slaughtering animals as similar and you also considor dogs and cats to be the same as a vegetable.

And 3 centuries ago it was considored normal to do whatever you wanted to fellow humans.  I'm sure you would be one of the first to throw someone in the cooking pot,  i mean why not?  Humans are the same as vegetables as well are they not?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:32:40 PM

Funny how so many people are offended by seeing Muslims signing petitions to ban oktobeerfest in Germany,  you all find that disgusting that they dare asking the end of this "cultural activity" even if they live in Germany.  But here what are you doing? Asking the end of a cultural festival, same way Muslims do. You just try to impose your culture. Nothing else.

If you can't see the difference between those two petitions then i suggest you seek immediate mental help.   No matter what culture your from the torture of animals should not be tolerated.  I understand that the western world Eat pigs for example which are as intelligent as dogs but there are laws in place to treat these animals as well as possible.  Dogs and cats in china and korea are literally boiled alive and tortured while the other animals watch because it's Beleived the more scared the animal is when it dies the better the meat is.  I hope anyone who partakes in these things meets a fate worse than those animals had to endure.

No more boil-em lobster alive.    Cool

Im not going to argue the case on a lobsters intelligence and i wouldn't Eat a lobster anyway because i don't think they should be boiled alive but dogs and cats are far more intelligent than lobsters and hace a wide range of emotions.  If your doing to eat something because you need to in order to survive at least have the decency to kill it as quickly as possible.

I agree... although nobody knows the difference in strength of lobster emotion compared with cat/dog emotion.

However, I agree that we should make "executions" as painless as possible. I think we should start a lobby for people who are executed for crimes, to be put to sleep by some simple sleep-drug injection, and then have their head chopped off in the hundredth of a second that it takes a guillotine to do this.

However, maybe they do that already - the sleep-drug part - because I get awful tired after having a hamburger.

Cool

EDIT: With butchered cattle, I mean. Roll Eyes

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:37:01 PM

Ah! Laughing again!

Do you mean vegetables?  Are you a half wit or are you just arguing for the sake of it?  You obviously struggle with day to day life if you compare a petition to do with drinking beer and slaughtering animals as similar and you also considor dogs and cats to be the same as a vegetable.

And 3 centuries ago it was considored normal to do whatever you wanted to fellow humans.  I'm sure you would be one of the first to throw someone in the cooking pot,  i mean why not?  Humans are the same as vegetables as well are they not?

I forgot about the vegetables. You should read The Secret Life of Plants, by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Plants.

Cool

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:51:36 PM

Ah! Laughing again!

What I try to explain but what you seem to not understand, is that your problem is EMOTIONAL and not RATIONAL. You have a disgust for animal suffering. Fair enough, but it's not because you do that it becomes good to have this disgust for animal suffering and bad to not having it.
And you shouldn't just laugh about my green argument ^^
It has been proven that vegetables suffer in the exact same way that you do or your beloved cats and dogs.

And yeah why not cooking humans too? Well maybe because it would have negative impacts on the whole society. Which is not the case when you cook alive lobsters or cats or dogs.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:18:45 PM

Right! And how do we stop all the torture of the microbes that all the immune systems in the world, be they plant, animal, or human immune systems, are torturing?

Cool

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:50:24 PM

Right! And how do we stop all the torture of the microbes that all the immune systems in the world, be they plant, animal, or human immune systems, are torturing?

Cool
Exactly ^^
If you start condemning violence of any kind, where do you stop?
Violence is part of nature, you won't get rid of it simply because you don't like it.

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:56:13 PM

[PETITION] Stop BOKNAL, the South Korean dog meat festival

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/678/196/320/stop-buknal-korean-dog-meat-festival/

In one month, over 1,000,000 cats and dogs will be tortured to death.

The Boknal Festival in Boknal, Korea will be held on 17/7; 27/7; 16/8. Soon, the dog and cat meat markets of South Korea will begin the mass butchering of dogs, and cats. Many who partake in this festival believe pet meat has medicinal powers. Medical evidence does not support their claims. The most popular delicacy of this festival is Peppery Dog Meat Soup.

These heinous acts of torture and killing must stop now and forever! People and all animal lovers around the world will not tolerate this. We take an oath to not buy any products that are made in Korea, and we will boycott the Olympic games in 2018.

Sign this petition to condemn the Boknal Dog Meat Festival!

What is wrong about eating dogs? I mean, don't keep it wrong, personally I wouldn't eat dogs. But,    objectively, they are as much animals as piggs, calves, turkeys, etc. You don't  mind eating them, do you? So now you just act like most vegetarians do =)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: