Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.057549BTC disappearing from Electrum wallet  (Read 559 times)
baggle (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:15:12 PM

Hi,

All is in the title, i didn't processed any transaction of this amount, so:

1) How it might have happened? I've downloaded Electrum recently, thinking it was a safe wallet.
2) I see funds have been sent to a bitcoin adress, is it possible to know what it is? (exchange address, wallet address...)

As informations, nobody had the physical possibility to access to my computer, i didnt shared any informations of this electrum wallet with anyone. Actually, this is the problem.

Is it possible to catch those bitcoin amount back ? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance to light me up

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:18:29 PM

Hi,

1) How it might have happened? I've downloaded Electrum recently, thinking it was a safe wallet.
2) I see funds have been sent to a bitcoin adress, is it possible to know what it is? (exchange address, wallet address...)

As informations, nobody had the physical possibility to access to my computer, i didnt shared any informations of this electrum wallet with anyone. Actually, this is the problem.

Once the bitcoin are sent there is no way to get them back, when was the last time that you saw your bitcoins in your wallet? You may post here the transaction so people can search if it belongs to an exchange wallet!
baggle (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:21:31 PM

Hi,

Once the bitcoin are sent there is no way to get them back, when was the last time that you saw your bitcoins in your wallet? You may post here the transaction so people can search if it belongs to an exchange wallet!

Last time i saw the bitcoin amount in the wallet was yesterday around 8pm Paris time.
The transaction is :

57af2e03e1fc371fbab3519e42a51c9568f860e42948c5a1994b52f253f1c27a

Thanks for helping buddies Embarrassed

n691309
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:37:01 PM

Last time i saw the bitcoin amount in the wallet was yesterday around 8pm Paris time.
The transaction is :

57af2e03e1fc371fbab3519e42a51c9568f860e42948c5a1994b52f253f1c27a

Thanks for helping buddies Embarrassed

I'm not good on searching about where does the address belongs but from what i see is that you funded your address from poloniex then 'someone' spend the bitcoins(which is a new address can't find where does it belongs to) and the rest (0.0005)on the same tx was sent to secondstrade and then you got a deposit of 0.000415 from secondstrade too!
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:40:24 PM

I think someone has used your wallet to gamble at secondstrade, 7 seconds up says enough I think.
I think your bitcoins are gone, untill the funds are still at secondstrade, which is nearly impossible since they payout right after the bet afaik.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
baggle (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:45:48 PM

I think someone has used your wallet to gamble at secondstrade, 7 seconds up says enough I think.
I think your bitcoins are gone, untill the funds are still at secondstrade, which is nearly impossible since they payout right after the bet afaik.

The secondstrade 7seconds up was me, it was pure gambling just for fun  Tongue, i did it with the lowest amount secondstrade accept, so 0.0005BTC.
However, those 0.057549BTC sent at the same time, uuh, i have no idea how it has been processed.

Is it somehow possible secondstrade is related to this? I maybe have to ask secondstrade for a 0.057549 refund?

Thanks for your advice and informations people Smiley

n691309
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 09:52:19 PM

The secondstrade 7seconds up was me, it was pure gambling just for fun  Tongue, i did it with the lowest amount secondstrade accept, so 0.0005BTC.
However, those 0.057549BTC sent at the same time, uuh, i have no idea how it has been processed.

Is it somehow possible secondstrade is related to this? I maybe have to ask secondstrade for a 0.057549 refund?

Is your wallet balance 0.00BTC or it shows the 0.057549BTC?
I haven't used electrum to make transaction but from what I have read here below it means that 0.057549 should be sent to another new address but on the same wallet

Every time you send BTC you DO send the entire amount of each input to an address up to the amount being sent plus fee and includes inputs of other addresses as necessary. Every time you receive btc to an address it is a separate input and are entities upon themselves. What you don't spend is returned as "change" usually to a new address, which is commonly referred to as a change address. The bitcoin protocol does not allow any portion of a input to be spent. Each time the entire input is sent. So if you have 1 bitcoin in one address as one input and you send someone .05 btc with a .0001 tx fee, 0.9499 btc will be returned to you as change, usually to a new address unless you clicked the option in electrum to not use change addresses, then the change will be returned as a new input to the same address it was sent from. Every time you receive money, electrum will show a new address to receive the next payment and each time you send btc a new change address will be used.
baggle (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:00:11 PM

Is your wallet balance 0.00BTC or it shows the 0.057549BTC?
I haven't used electrum to make transaction but from what I have read here below it means that 0.057549 should be sent to another new address but on the same wallet

Every time you send BTC you DO send the entire amount of each input to an address up to the amount being sent plus fee and includes inputs of other addresses as necessary. Every time you receive btc to an address it is a separate input and are entities upon themselves. What you don't spend is returned as "change" usually to a new address, which is commonly referred to as a change address. The bitcoin protocol does not allow any portion of a input to be spent. Each time the entire input is sent. So if you have 1 bitcoin in one address as one input and you send someone .05 btc with a .0001 tx fee, 0.9499 btc will be returned to you as change, usually to a new address unless you clicked the option in electrum to not use change addresses, then the change will be returned as a new input to the same address it was sent from. Every time you receive money, electrum will show a new address to receive the next payment and each time you send btc a new change address will be used.

My wallet balance shows 0.000415BTC.

Multiple change addresses is disabled, and i do not see any other adress that the one i used for that easy gambling :/

baggle (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:06:56 PM

Ok, i have the solution guys, so first thanks for your help ! Smiley

This electrum wallet i use for gambling has been created on a computer, and i've installed electrum on another of my computers.

On this 2nd computer, i did the necessary to have access to the funds, but i dunno why, it's obviously not working.

I'm currently on my first computer wallet, and there, the wallet balance is 0.057964BTC, so the amount in the title and the amount gambled. Cheesy

Big thanks guys! Wink

n691309
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 10:34:28 PM

Ok, i have the solution guys, so first thanks for your help ! Smiley

This electrum wallet i use for gambling has been created on a computer, and i've installed electrum on another of my computers.

On this 2nd computer, i did the necessary to have access to the funds, but i dunno why, it's obviously not working.

I'm currently on my first computer wallet, and there, the wallet balance is 0.057964BTC, so the amount in the title and the amount gambled. Cheesy

Big thanks guys! Wink

I'm glad that I helped you, and I think that one of the reason why you haven't seen the balance on the other computer is that it was not synchronized with the other computer or you have backedup your wallet before making the transaction and restoring after making the transaction! Since this issue is solved, you can lock the thread.
smho_16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:18:42 PM

Its great that you told us it was a user error, or else this would have been the first case in history of a electrum wallet hack. It haven't happened to anybody so far, so by reading this I was really shocked and surprised and the only thing I kept telling to myself was that maybe the OP have installed the electrum wallet on a PC infected with keyloggers. Glad you are ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: