Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a one man band  (Read 2708 times)
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:02:00 PM

Say all you want... but its up to one or a few people bringing the price up from where it was just some hours ago.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:04:29 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2013, 02:17:02 PM by Vladimir

Say all you want... but its up to one or a few people bringing the price up from where it was just some hours ago.

No way. It is just a bunch of noobs who bought in high 60's were panicking and dumping right in hands of old guard who were waiting with lowball orders. Nothing new here.

-
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:05:09 PM

Classic tree shake.

labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:05:41 PM

weak hands -> strong hands

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:08:31 PM

Nah, i saw the wall movement... the one who bought was more scared that those who sold...

He went putting walls all the way from $55, when he putted a 4kbtc bid wall at $64 and saw that sellers where still eager to sell, he just bought $250k at market price and brought it up to $69.

Thats not strong hands atitude...
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 02:15:02 PM

Im sure now price will get stuck some time around here until some troll news makes a panic buy again.
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:19:32 PM

No way. It is just a bunch of noobs who bought in high 60's were panicking and dumping right in hands of old guard who were waiting with lowball orders. Nothing new here.

How come you are so sure??? Where you the one that bought at market price to $69?Huh?

It doesnt seem to stop the sells...
Vladimir

-

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:26:13 PM

How come you are so sure??? Where you the one that bought at market price to $69?Huh?

I have not made a single Bitcoin of Fiat/Bitcoin transaction/trade for quite a few months.

-
xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:32:17 PM

Its just the weekend..... things slow down a bit because the volume is less

Plus its just amateurs playing with the exchanges
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:32:30 PM

I have not made a single Bitcoin transaction for quite a few months.

You missed out all the fun.

Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:51:53 PM

Market movements like we have been watching since last night do stink! also buy orders have fallen from 8M USD to 4.5M during the last week which just can be buyers waiting for their paycheck but if the market magically recovers Monday morning and continues it's climb, it's a very stupid market manipulation move.

The number of eyes watching Bitcoin from all over the world now will trigger some press about the Bitcoin market being cornered and a bucket shop etc. making Bitcoin look like a pump and dump.

If such a story gets in the press with quotes from economists, it will be a fast death!

So if there is "a few" controlling everything, their lust for cheap coins puts the whole project at risk!
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:59:47 PM

Market movements like we have been watching since last night do stink! also buy orders have fallen from 8M USD to 4.5M during the last week which just can be buyers waiting for their paycheck but if the market magically recovers Monday morning and continues it's climb, it's a very stupid market manipulation move.

The number of eyes watching Bitcoin from all over the world now will trigger some press about the Bitcoin market being cornered and a bucket shop etc. making Bitcoin look like a pump and dump.

If such a story gets in the press with quotes from economists, it will be a fast death!

So if there is "a few" controlling everything, their lust for cheap coins puts the whole project at risk!

Will just set us back a few years.  But yes, it is not a healthy way to grow.
siulynot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:01:48 PM

I think you have a nice conclusion with the wrong statements...

the manipulators want price to go up. This selloff was natural, many people sold small chunks, thats normal at this level. I mean... its time for many people to begin taking profits.

the manipulation was buying all the way up to $69 at market price, that was stupid manipulation and if this gets noticed by media, it will be a complete fail for everyone.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:31:31 PM

the manipulators want price to go up. This selloff was natural, many people sold small chunks, thats normal at this level. I mean... its time for many people to begin taking profits.

the manipulation was buying all the way up to $69 at market price, that was stupid manipulation and if this gets noticed by media, it will be a complete fail for everyone.

Well, I was actually making the counter statement, that if the market is rigged (or easily controlled by a few in periods) they know that they have to let things cool off for a period now neither clamping too much or driving the price anywhere as they must realize that the pro's will smell such a double major trend reversal and not just blindly start pumping again Monday.

Manipulators in Bitcoin have been more supporting than the opposite during Bitcoins history and  they take on a large responsibility for everyones good with their own money.

So my overall conclusion was that we won't see a rocket Monday as it will be a dead giveaway.

The accelerating descending rolling hills of last night was a textbook example of a Bull market, too obvious for my taste to conclude that we are going down now to say $20 but we need sideways for a few days and an increasing buy side to restore faith in my opinion.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:08:36 PM

Excuse me for asking, but who isn't an amateur in this market??
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:14:21 PM

Well, I was actually making the counter statement, that if the market is rigged (or easily controlled by a few in periods) they know that they have to let things cool off for a period now neither clamping too much or driving the price anywhere as they must realize that the pro's will smell such a double major trend reversal and not just blindly start pumping again Monday.

Manipulators in Bitcoin have been more supporting than the opposite during Bitcoins history and  they take on a large responsibility for everyones good with their own money.

So my overall conclusion was that we won't see a rocket Monday as it will be a dead giveaway.

The accelerating descending rolling hills of last night was a textbook example of a Bull market, too obvious for my taste to conclude that we are going down now to say $20 but we need sideways for a few days and an increasing buy side to restore faith in my opinion.

I am a bitcoinophile, but do not see a rocket on Monday. Only a stellar piece of news will take us back up in the short term.
Vladimir

-

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:17:25 PM

I am a bitcoinophile, but do not see a rocket on Monday. Only a stellar piece of news will take us back up in the short term.

You could be underestimating lag with which "good news" affect BTC price. It takes time for newcomers to research Bitcoin and to put themselves into position where they can actually buy it.

-
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:13:38 PM

Excuse me for asking, but who isn't an amateur in this market??

Well there are some professional traders who are active in the market (ie. people who trade for a living).

There are also some VC's, registered companies and hedge funds who trade.

AFAIK these people mostly trade during the week not at the weekends. You'll see things are more stable during the week for these reasons. These people are not likely to dump their entire holdings in 15 minutes, for example. They are more rational in their trading (ie. they have a trading plan).
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:28:56 PM

I would say actually this is a two men band: one bringing the price down and the other bringing it up Wink

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
Vladimir

-

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:37:29 PM

Yep they are a bad cop and good cop and they are trying to find Satoshi.

-
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: