Author Topic: ham  (Read 3138 times)
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:03:25 PM

If he returned, it would be a massive circlejerk. I'd leave the forum.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:25:01 PM

Satoshi is a human. Humans have flaws. His flaws would be exploited and tied to Bitcoin.
Satoshi is not a human, Satoshi is an anonymous entity.

Super-heroes are anonymous.

Smiley

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 11:36:08 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2013, 11:46:10 PM by the founder

What do you think would happen if Satoshi popped on the forum one day and said hi?

What if he started to contribute again?

Or even if he revealed his true identity and traveled the world doing TV interviews and such? (unlikely)

There has to be multiple interviews, it wasn't one person.   Even reading into the original documents there are several writing styles.  It was pretty much a group effort... everyone has a take on who they are...  (or who he is)  but in reality the answer was spelled out here a few years ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.0

Answer is on that page.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.msg97206#msg97206

it's a good way to sneak money across borders without detection, eg. to pay informants in totalitarian regimes.

Want to fund your own private war?   These guys have the resources to mine all the bitcoins they wanted and the money to buy as many of them as they wanted on the open exchange.  

I honestly believe that a run up in price from 20 to 74 was because someone was buying them in large numbers to fund something that they didn't want to be known it's being funded.

In a few months or less you'll see a massive dump of coins because the receiving party is converting them to Dollars or Euros for whatever the project is.

These will become less and less pronounced as the bitcoin economy grows,  where they can buy a few million and dump a few million and it won't move the spot price of the coins.

You guys think it's because people in Cyprus were buying them?  They can't even access their bank accounts to buy them...  that run up was something other than that... and I believe we were looking at the wrong continent.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:37:24 AM

People would start complaining about everything he does, just like they do with Gavin, etc.

For sure.
joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 01:55:48 AM

Getting confused now.

Do you guys not watch tv?

His identity has been revealed quite a while ago in a documentary called "The Good Wife".

I saw it on tv so it is true and if anyone would come along now claiming he was Satoshi that could only be a scammer.

Joe

joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 02:00:53 AM

it's a good way to sneak money across borders without detection, eg. to pay informants in totalitarian regimes.

Naw. The CIA _is_ the best, most efficient and most used way to sneak money across borders without detection.

Why would they want someone else to be able to do the same?

Joe

the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 02:07:43 AM

Naw. The CIA _is_ the best, most efficient and most used way to sneak money across borders without detection.

Why would they want someone else to be able to do the same?

Joe

Because before they were only able to sneak X across before getting caught (Iran Contra for example) ,  now they can sneak unlimited amounts of money, as much as the bitcoin economy can support..  and at these prices you can fund a small war...  cross $100 or more and you can fund a big war.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:02:04 AM

I honestly believe that a run up in price from 20 to 74 was because someone was buying them in large numbers to fund something that they didn't want to be known it's being funded. In a few months or less you'll see a massive dump of coins because the receiving party is converting them to Dollars or Euros for whatever the project is.

Yeah, that's the climax of anonymity to wire USD 100M to MtGox, buy massive amounts of Bitcoins, send them to some pseudonymous party, shuffle them around for a few weeks / months and later dump this million or so Bitcoins on MtGox and wire back the proceeds to to some accounts in the middle east...
As incognito as an elephant wearing a Guy Fawkes mask in a demonstration.
whitenight639

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:07:11 AM

I honestly believe that a run up in price from 20 to 74 was because someone was buying them in large numbers to fund something that they didn't want to be known it's being funded. In a few months or less you'll see a massive dump of coins because the receiving party is converting them to Dollars or Euros for whatever the project is.

Yeah, that's the climax of anonymity to wire USD 100M to MtGox, buy massive amounts of Bitcoins, send them to some pseudonymous party, shuffle them around for a few weeks / months and later dump this million or so Bitcoins on MtGox and wire back the proceeds to to some accounts in the middle east...
As incognito as an elephant wearing a Guy Fawkes mask in a demonstration.

True but how much does it cost the CIA to move 100million in a C4 in cash it would be like 100 pallets would it now? I dunno if it would be much less weight for gold, anyway it's a plane trip they could be using for Guns / ammo or heroin.

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:11:41 AM

The problem with Satoshi's identity is that it's like the Schrödinger's cat thought experiment with a twist: as long as you don't know who Satoshi is, he is effectively in a superposed state of being both dead and alive, but at the very moment where you find out who he is, he is most certainly dead or soon to be.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: