Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reporting a moderator  (Read 1507 times)
andes (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:52:16 AM

Hi, today the moderator DiabloD3 deleted my posts containing 2 images (annotated market charts), in this thread
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=15509.0

He not only deleted my images, but also at least one post of another member replying my thread. The charts where important for the information I was comunicating, and it took me time to get them, annotate, and upload.

1. I would like an explanation for this rude beavior.

2. Is there an appropiate place to report bad moderation practices to the forum owners?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:56:39 AM

Hi, today the moderator DiabloD3 deleted my posts containing 2 images (annotated market charts), in this thread

He not only deleted my images, but also at least one post of another member replying my thread. The charts where important for the information I was comunicating, and it took me time to get them, annotate, and upload.

2. Is there an appropiate place to report bad moderation practices to the forum owners?

He wouldn't have just deleted it for no reason. If you think it's necessary, pm one of the admins.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:57:43 AM

PM me.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
andes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:10:36 AM

He wouldn't have just deleted it for no reason. If you think it's necessary, pm one of the admins.
Already PMd the mod, no answer. Will pm theymos, thanks.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 10:57:56 AM

Diablo-D3 has made a mess of the mining sub forum, censoring users & pinning his own miner thread along with selective pools.

Don't know why he was given any power tbh, he's an opinionated dick and the only reason people like him is because of his tech advice  Undecided

Ahem. I pinned the three opencl miners, cpuminer, and the 5 largest pools. If anything, people can now read the most important threads first and find them quickly.

DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 10:58:39 AM

You posted extremely large images full of text and your posts were flagged for moderation.

Next step is banning your account if you don't clean up your act.

andes (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:04:53 AM

You posted extremely large images full of text and your posts were flagged for moderation.

He called my images "spam" in public, which damages my honour in this forum. I think this person cannot be a moderator. A moderator should be a moderate person, also he should not abuse his power. I dont question his mining skills, or his personal qualities, only that he is not suited for being a moderator.
DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 02:28:52 PM

Why do you feel it perfectly fine to pin your own miner over say, phoenix?

I think you misunderstood. poclbm, mine, phoenix, and cpuminer are all stickied. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your blatant trolling.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:36:56 PM

I think you misunderstood. poclbm, mine, phoenix, and cpuminer are all stickied. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your blatant trolling.

oh yeah, you forgot SSE2 miner.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 03:18:41 PM

oh yeah, you forgot SSE2 miner.

Feh, someone unstickied it or the forum glitched. I fixed it.

SSJ3 Mario Brothers

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:29:27 AM

Alright, first off, this is highly inappropriate and this discussion should be held in private. However, now that it's public, I have a little to add for both sides:

First, Diablo, in my humble opinion, did not handle it the best he could have. I've been admin and moderator on a few large forums, and if it were me, I would have simple removed the [img] tags in the posts to make them into hyperlinks. Calling them spam and deleting the posts without explicit rule-breaking going on was a little extreme, and even in the worst cases it's better to edit the posts rather than delete them so you have a record to justify your actions.

Now I'm not here to tell you how to do your job, but I'd just like to offer my constructive criticism. If I'm out of line, I'm sorry.

And, on the other hand, I think all this hating on Diablo is ridiculous. Moderators are just people with a job to do, and it's often impossible to please everyone. So cut him a little slack, and don't defame him publicly like this. I seriously doubt he had any dastardly intentions with his stickying, and if you think something deserves stickying that isn't, just PM him and ask.
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 10:46:43 PM

Banned for posting relevant charts? WOW! I for one(out of many I presume) am glad to not see the title "moderator" under this guys name! +1 for admin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: