Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC now number one coin in Poloniex (surpasses ETH in volume)  (Read 2949 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:16:19 PM

ETC current volume: 26308

ETH current volume: 8714

WOW, how the fuck did I miss this? I think hours ago ETH was first? This is amazing. The guys like Brian Armstrong claiming that "two coins would never co-exist cause the resulting coin from the fork would disappear quickly" have fucked up big time. Ethereum Classic is looking very strong... too scared to hold neither ETH or ETC but if ETC goes up some people are going to get very rich.
I may even buy some ETC myself just in case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:31:25 PM

Thats a good news for those who ethereum lover.. i think etc is a new version of ethereum so i think the people who lost faith in ethereum because of dao they are now converting into etc with high secured..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:05:48 PM

When does the hacked DAO ETH become spendable? Soon I think.. dump incoming, get those buy orders ready or short on polo...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:17:58 PM

When does the hacked DAO ETH become spendable? Soon I think.. dump incoming, get those buy orders ready or short on polo...
27 days.

there was 130 millions ETC traded last 5 days so 3.6m is nothing.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 07:18:52 PM

The ETH community has likely dumped millions more coins than the DAO hack represents and the price went up. Not saying they won't have an affect; but, predictions seem not to follow expected patterns.
photonresearch

Activity: 90
Merit: 11

Author of Bitcoin Books, the latest: Mining Pools

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:00:24 AM

Thats a good news for those who ethereum lover.. i think etc is a new version of ethereum so i think the people who lost faith in ethereum because of dao they are now converting into etc with high secured..

its the same and original version of ethereum though........
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:24:03 AM

27 days.

there was 130 millions ETC traded last 5 days so 3.6m is nothing.

A lot of that volume has probably been from people with big bags of btc and etc switching it between their hands.

If 3.6m would be dropped on the market as consistant sell orders (which basically is the same amount as the whole sell order book), just watch what happens to the price.. It would at the very least suppress it until it was all sold, but most likely it will drop.

Also, if a transfer like that appears on the chain to hit polo, watch the buy order disappear.. Nobody wants to catch that knife.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 08:56:05 AM

Ive now switched my miner over to ETC rather than the new fork, Pricce is not to bad to mine and looking more promising than ETH to be honest. This is what happens when a hard fork doesnt go to plan i suppose. Im hoping that the dumped coins dont have too much of an impact , maybe if we are lucky the stolen funds wont be dumped at all but just slowly siphoned off as the price of ETC increases over the next few months.

Spufa

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:01:29 AM

I'm also mining ETC atm... But price is too unstable, i mine directly at exchange address and instantly dump coins
Bitmate

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:14:10 AM

I'm also mining ETC atm... But price is too unstable, i mine directly at exchange address and instantly dump coins

That was what I did a few days ago, but no any more. The price is too unstable. It is very manipulated.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 09:21:29 AM

I know rthe price is unstable and i started mining the other day straight to an exchange and just dumped them as soon as i got them since i just wanted to make an instant profit, I since then moved back to ETH but changed my mind and went back over to ETC again and although the price is a bit chaotic i think im just going to mine and hold onto whatever i get and see what happens. You nevcer know, maybe ETH will kick the bucket and ETC will become the king of ethereum as it once was.

densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:23:04 AM

WOW, how the fuck did I miss this? I think hours ago ETH was first? This is amazing. The guys like Brian Armstrong claiming that "two coins would never co-exist cause the resulting coin from the fork would disappear quickly" have fucked up big time. Ethereum Classic is looking very strong... too scared to hold neither ETH or ETC but if ETC goes up some people are going to get very rich.
It is just fluctuating of price ethereum classic and it is normal, almost all of cryptos coins they are fluctuating. And there is not awsome in here. I can understand you use analysis fundamental for ethereum classic, but i use analysis tecnical for it. So depend on your strategy trading or Investment and always remember always there are risk on Investment.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:29:08 PM

It is just fluctuating of price ethereum classic and it is normal, almost all of cryptos coins they are fluctuating. And there is not awsome in here. I can understand you use analysis fundamental for ethereum classic, but i use analysis tecnical for it. So depend on your strategy trading or Investment and always remember always there are risk on Investment.

The volume is more than double for ETH. The price is really stable, really solid on that 230-260 range. I think something huge is being cooked. We will find out the next week I guess.

Also the "DAO hacker" knows he can make an huge killing if he helps ETC start going up higher. If ETC reaches parity with ETH, the "DAO hacker" would make a real pay day. For him, what he has now probably is not that much. Im sure someone able to find flaws in smart contracts is already a millionaire. He will want more, this means that he will try to make ETC rise. he can get in big at this cheap price and push ti to ETH parity. if in the long run ETC ends up overtaking ETH and becoming the official Ethereum (which is what should happen since it's the morally correct chain) he would become a huge player in Ethereum.
Bitmate

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:20:18 AM

I know rthe price is unstable and i started mining the other day straight to an exchange and just dumped them as soon as i got them since i just wanted to make an instant profit, I since then moved back to ETH but changed my mind and went back over to ETC again and although the price is a bit chaotic i think im just going to mine and hold onto whatever i get and see what happens. You nevcer know, maybe ETH will kick the bucket and ETC will become the king of ethereum as it once was.

The ETC/ETH price has dropped in the last few days. The hash rate also decreased. The investors are wating for the ETC dump.
Ruhtilg

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:03:10 AM

The ETC/ETH price has dropped in the last few days. The hash rate also decreased. The investors are wating for the ETC dump.

That might be true. There is a possibility that the DAO hacker will dump the ETC he got from hacking the DAO.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:06:14 AM

Again ETC volume in number one in poloniex and also price rising fast but still confused about what actually news behind this rise. Just a usual pump and dump?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:09:26 AM

I believe that for ETC to acheive long term success the hash rate must increase. Price and the volume does not matter because what are they really good for? They should only concern you if you are a day trader.

Support from the miners must grow soon or it will be in danger of getting attacked.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:44:22 AM

Again ETC volume in number one in poloniex and also price rising fast but still confused about what actually news behind this rise. Just a usual pump and dump?

the massive dump has stopped so it is natural for any coin to start rising after the dump has stopped.
when the whales decided to dump it created a panic and this panic has lead to this price that you can see now. and right now all those whales are buying slowly back by putting buy orders so panic sellers sell to their walls.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:56:09 AM

Yes, the dump is over and I expect ETC to get pushed up to the low $2's again in US time. As a small trader, right now you are playing with fire and need to be very careful.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 02:51:19 PM

Looks like 30 was the bottom and we'll keep testing 30 for a while since there are a lot of doubters of it going high, but at the same time people don't want to be the idiots that miss the next uptrend, so 30 is a safe place to hold at. If it goes lower it doesn't matter, it will eventually pump again. Also ETC is getting 50% donation from the biggest chinese pool:

https://twitter.com/ETCChina/status/763568243827060736

ETC will pump no matter how hard ETH brainwashed cult tries to dump it. China wants to make ETC "their Ethereum".
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: