Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles: Did You Guys Even Work Out That Block Size Thing?  (Read 687 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:52:57 AM

Fresh out of jail on bail for embezzlement, disgraced Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles poked fun at the Bitcoin community’s for their lack of resolution in the block size limit issue.

Karpeles, in a tweet sent shortly after his release from jail, expressed his detachment from and disdain for the current state of Bitcoin, including a jab at the persisting one-megabyte block size limit debate:

Full article : https://cointelegraph.com/news/mt-gox-ceo-mark-karpeles-did-you-guys-even-work-out-that-block-size-thing

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:26:13 AM

Could it be that he is not allowed to get involved in any bitcoin businesses again and therefore is not interested anymore? He probably has some strict rules that he has to abide from in order to get released and stay out of jail.

I think it would've been smarter not to have responded at all though, but maybe he wants the attention.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:43:19 AM

Could it be that he is not allowed to get involved in any bitcoin businesses again and therefore is not interested anymore? He probably has some strict rules that he has to abide from in order to get released and stay out of jail.

I think it would've been smarter not to have responded at all though, but maybe he wants the attention.

I'm not even sure what he is still doing in Japan ? they won't allow him to go out ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 08:44:24 AM

I think hes probably been following bitcoin this whole time , Hes clearly just trying to be a dick by suggesting that nothing has been done development wise which i suppose blocksize hes right. Im sure hes more than aware of segwit but it is just a jab in the side.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:50:31 AM

Hmmm I'm not sure if he is poking fun at us.Could be some misinterpretation.
He got asked a question and just answered it.Maybe he really is interested how this whole blocksize thing is going, who knows.
But imo it would be better for him to shut his mouth in terms of any bitcoin related topic.His case is still running and I know some people who definitely would like to kick his butt.As now being out of prison, hopefully just for a while, and saying anything about bitcoin related will make the people hate him even more.
pandalion98

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 08:52:24 AM

I'm not even sure what he is still doing in Japan ? they won't allow him to go out ?
Nope. He's not allowed to leave Japan. It's one condition of his bail if I'm not mistaken.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:01:53 AM

He has probably just move on.
He will spend more time with his cat now.  Tongue
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:47:03 AM

I think hes probably been following bitcoin this whole time , Hes clearly just trying to be a dick by suggesting that nothing has been done development wise which i suppose blocksize hes right. Im sure hes more than aware of segwit but it is just a jab in the side.

If he had any internet access at all in jail, and I've no idea whether he did, I presume he was going to spend it looking at cats and samurai swords. If he does have a few thousand coins stashed he'll have to wait a few years before pulling them out.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

Hmmm I'm not sure if he is poking fun at us.Could be some misinterpretation.
He got asked a question and just answered it.Maybe he really is interested how this whole blocksize thing is going, who knows.
But imo it would be better for him to shut his mouth in terms of any bitcoin related topic.His case is still running and I know some people who definitely would like to kick his butt.As now being out of prison, hopefully just for a while, and saying anything about bitcoin related will make the people hate him even more.

It's definitely not the first option as a lot of people ask him questions or accuse him of scamming and he don't answer them. just trying to get some attention If you ask me .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:16:07 AM

what a brass neck, you couldnt redden that guy with a blow torch...... Roll Eyes
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:22:49 AM

He doesn't know and care about what the latest price of Bitcoin is? What a liar.

He is still sitting on tons of stolen coins from people that had trust in an exchange that was leading the entire market with iron fist.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:41:19 AM

He doesn't know and care about what the latest price of Bitcoin is? What a liar.

He is still sitting on tons of stolen coins from people that had trust in an exchange that was leading the entire market with iron fist.

Well, sitting on a ton of stolen coins does mean that he is literally a long term holder and that he indeed does not care about the current price. It would be extremely suspicious if he starts spending any serious amounts of cash in his current situation, which means he cannot touch his coins comfortably ever, unless he moves to some non extradition country..

He may run into some trouble when he meets some guys that lost a lot of coins on mt gox and want answers in person..
doublemore

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:26:46 PM

He has probably just move on.
He will spend more time with his cat now.  Tongue

Yeah more like he has 300k bitcoin stahed somewhere and keeps a close eye on bitcoin news when he can.  One thing for sure japan prison cant be as bad as it sounds if he can be making jokes on twitter.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:36:43 PM

He has bitcoin saved im sure, and he pays attention to it all the time. He is just trolling and playing a dumb role so authorities don't think he is smart and capable of deception.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: