Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone trust any eth clones? kr, shift. exp?  (Read 735 times)
mybitcoin101 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:51:57 PM

Does anyone trust any eth clones? kr, shift. exp?

All they did was copy and paste the code. Who trusts them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:18:01 PM

What do you mean by "trust" exactly? I gotta admit, I'm mostly in it for the money. From that perspective, I like Shift: It's a small but dedicated team working on a small marketcap coin. Tons of potential for growth. From that point of view, I "trust" them.

If we are talking about them taking over/being the next big thing/legitimate successors of ETH/The ones leading the mainstream adoption of blockchain technology – well, not so much. There is always a chance of a black swan moment, but the best you can hope for is that those smaller coins focus on a very specific field within the wide range that ETH/ETC plans on covering and that they do their job well in that area.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:34:43 PM

What do you mean by "trust"? because semantic value of this word can be quite large. If you mean:

1 That I trust developers and I think they are serious, honest people and won't scam anyone, and their coin has no security flaws and backdoors? - Probably.

2. Do I trust that these clones will be great one day and have bright future ahead, with huge growth potential? No. I don't think so.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:47:08 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 09:58:10 PM by ttookk

What do you mean by "trust"? because semantic value of this word can be quite large. If you mean:

1 That I trust developers and I think they are serious, honest people and won't scam anyone, and their coin has no security flaws and backdoors? - Probably.

2. Do I trust that these clones will be great one day and have bright future ahead, with huge growth potential? No. I don't think so.

Ok, you said it better than me Smiley

Short to mid term, those clones are nice speculative objects, though.

If you boil it down to its core, trading Crypto 3.0 coins is basically trading probabilities of break-through. I mean, at the moment all of those currencies are promises at best. The reason why Shift is worth less than ETH is that you are not betting on its potential value, but on its probability of reaching mainstream adoption.

Plus, you know… Tulips.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:00:53 PM

i dont touvh them, they are P&D scams imo...

but u can still make profits there right ? Smiley

yolo
mybitcoin101 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:01:17 AM

exp is the biggest pump n dump premined shitcoin copy and paste.
altcoinex

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 05:18:02 PM

I have very positive views towards Expanse, but perhaps as one of the developers I am a little biased. In any case, I hope I can provide some clarity and information that might be useful to everyone here.

Typically, when people express the kind of negative views as declared by some of the people in the post, it is because they have made inaccurate assumptions or heard misinformed claims and havn't spent the time to look into our project to determine if those assumptions or claims have any validity. Crypto has been full of scandalous projects and events, leading to a general view of cynicism when people give a look to new projects -- and rightfully so, everyone should be cautious in this space. People SHOULD give a long diligent review of ANY project before investing, joining a projects community, or otherwise contributing to it's future and development.

However, what seems to happen somewhat commonly among those that already have a level of frustration inside the crypto-space is they see a project like Expanse: one that has significant market growth very fast, and they by defacto assume its a pump and dump, they get filled with emotion-driven thought about how others are making money(off what they perceive as a scam) and they aren't, and then they out of that frustration feel a need to make sure others know its a 'scam'.  There are alot of projects in this growing industry that start up, drive their price up, dump then disappear into the night. Expanse is not one of them -- we are a long term project with strong demonstrated values, consistent growth, and constant development. If you are willing to look into the project, or even just express any concerns or questions you might have to someone such as myself and actually review the answer, I am confident you will come away with a radically different understanding of the project than that of the views expressed in this thread.

In regards to (assumedly un-researched) claims of being a 'copy and paste' project, if you look into our development history you will see that we have developed an array of our own software, toolkits, libraries, etc for the project, many of which are designed not only to work with our platform, but to provide cross support for ethereum as well. These range from simple small tools and libraries to aid dapp development, to full on Service toolkits that rival some of the largest projects in the blockchain space. For example, Borderless (www.borderless.tech) our Blockchain based governance services platform, consisting of multiple smart contracts, dapps, blockchain powered services, companion software, and more. In addition to the unique code, software, and other elements we have created for Expanse, several expanse core-contributors, myself included, have made accepted code and document contributions to various official Ethereum GitHub repositories -- highlighting we are interested in contributing to, and growing, the technology as a whole; not just our own platform. These are just a few examples of what we have accomplished to date, and we are always engaged in a strong plan of continued development and expansion, both in regards the platform itself, the software built around it, and a multitude of decentralized services and toolkits built ontop of it.

We have a driven, growing core team that is available and directly interacts with the community. Our community is awesome, its not just a bunch of people sitting around talking about wishing the price would go up, they are passionate about the project and contribute to it directly -- after all, its a community orientated project. Expanse is strongly guided by community input and contributions, and is open to all people including those who are team members or supporters of other projects in the space.

I encourage anyone here to join our slack channel(http://slack.expanse.tech) and participate, and learn a little more about the platform and community. I'm very confident if you spend some time looking into the project any concerns you might have will be relieved, and any questions you might have answered. In addition, if anyone has any inquiries regarding the projects current on-goings, future plans, project structure, has any questions of any type, or even anyone who might have heard any negative claims or rumors you are concerned about, I would love to address them. We are a completely open project that is very proud of what we have and continue to accomplish, and would love for everyone to be caught up to where our platform is now and where it is going. We don't want anyone to have any form of inaccurate impression or misunderstanding, and want to always be available to address and concerns or considerations anyone might have.

So, please give our project proper due diligence, don't let someone elses opinion be your own, weather its someone fuding it, or supporting it -- research it properly and make your own informed opinions. If you find you are one of the people calling it a scam, insisting the project offers nothing new and innovative, or anything along these lines, consider asking yourself: have I really given a proper evaluation to this platform, or am I just acting on emotion? In either case, please do address any concerns you may have, and give our project a proper diligent review. Cheesy

If anyone has any questions, concerns, inquiries please ask away, otherwise I hope to see you all in our slack!

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:31:51 PM

i give EXP a pass.

Basically whatever ETH can do techwise (for $1000 Million) EXP can offer the same for $1M ... there's upside potential in that proposition.  Even if EXP is just a toy for the devs to see if they can make it work. There's the right combo: of talent, sufficient capital having been raised, good array of resources, plus market trade listings, ... and so the project stands a good chance of surviving at least 2-3 years ... projecting beyond that is silly.

The others likely lack the capital to keep steam in the engine.

More the merrier hope a few other find a way too.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:32:02 PM

i give EXP a pass.

Basically whatever ETH can do techwise (for $1000 Million) EXP can offer the same for $1M ... there's upside potential in that proposition.  Even if EXP is just a toy for the devs to see if they can make it work. There's the right combo: of talent, sufficient capital having been raised, good array of resources, plus market trade listings, ... and so the project stands a good chance of surviving at least 2-3 years ... projecting beyond that is silly.

Interesting point of view. Yes I  also believe that Expanse is a project that has a lot of talent and very undervalued with a huge potential.
I got it right? Cheesy

You can be sure of transparency. If you notice that transparency will start missing in Expanse then it will be just like any other clone project P&D.
mybitcoin101 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:35:30 PM

i give EXP a pass.

Interesting point of view. Yes I  also believe that Expanse is a project that has a lot of talent and very undervalued with a huge potential.
I got it right? Cheesy

You can be sure of transparency. If you notice that transparency will start missing in Expanse then it will be just like any other clone project P&D.

my problem with exp is james clayton. a known scammer that pumps bs.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:51:08 PM

I thnk we should have to rely on a coin for our future which will have a bigger community of developers and supporters and will have an active group for the time it need any help and which will support it to not to go to die, there are a lot of coins which are copied/cloned from other technologies and they start with a bigger boosts and fame but sooner they rush to die and all of those who invest in there lose all of their invested money in there.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

At least they put their names and reputation on the project. etc has anonymous devs. (correct me if i'm not up to date here)
unlike etc exp is funded and has a direction. its to me the better alternative when you dismiss the ETH Teams recent actions morally, since etc still will copy everything eth will do from here as i understand. So supporting etc you dismiss eth while  still beeing reliant on their development.
and when eth dies what then? gridlock? so much uncertainty.

This is a special situation and nobody really knows what will happen next. But i defenatly think expanse is the only current eth clone that could handle an influx of projects migrating away from eth/etc as far as infrastructure and support goes. And you can't pump and dump your way into this position.
SpiryGolden

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:16:42 PM

Yup i'll stay with Expanse. If these guys fail their reputation is at stake basically. Take that in consideration.
mybitcoin101 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:38:13 PM

Yup i'll stay with Expanse. If these guys fail their reputation is at stake basically. Take that in consideration.

its a premine. james clayton is a con man. all they did was copy and paste eth. james pumps coins in the facebook group that he owns and bans people that call him out on it. but there is a sucker born into crypto every minute.
SpiryGolden

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 10:13:39 PM

its a premine. james clayton is a con man. all they did was copy and paste eth. james pumps coins in the facebook group that he owns and bans people that call him out on it. but there is a sucker born into crypto every minute.

Dude you are paranoid. Smiley Calm please. stop making useless and unfounded accusations.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 04:23:47 AM

For the more environmentally minded don't forget Soilcoin too. Market cap around $20k

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1176709.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: