Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Conspiracy  (Read 838 times)
RKS (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

BTC address: 17u5q3VJSVg9w9VPfE34th3mbTG4ngFEfS

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:03:36 PM

Anyone interested in doing something with the domain name ethereumconspiracy.com ?  Seriously, I was so pumped on Ethereum that I took out the domain name for fun. Right now, I think I should put it online because this ETC and ETH situation is pretty messed up.

What should I do with it? Would love to hear some ideas on how I can best use this name.

Let me know or PM me if you have some great ideas!

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:25:09 PM

Whats so conspiracy about it?

Vitalik proposes a hard fork, big investors vote so they can get a bailout, people realize the scam that that is and ETC is born.
There's no conspiracy, ETC is an answer.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:53:26 PM

There's nothing to hide about ETH and ETC. why don't you just use that domain as an exchange site concentrating to one pair only Smiley
Maybe ETH/ETC or BTC/ETH and BTC/ETC
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:30:16 PM

Vitalik proposes a hard fork, big investors vote so they can get a bailout, people realize the scam that that is and ETC is born.

actually, there is... like to believe that vitalik is behind the etc, or the DAO attack were a inside attack.
all that isnt confirmed, so, till the moment, still just conspiracy.
ThePokerTranslator

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:57:37 PM

If it isn't too much of a hassle, could someone fill me in on what's going on with Ethereum? I know it was hacked and now they are trying to recover and/or fix the issues. That's pretty much where I'm at right now.

RB programme: http://betcoinrakeback.com?r=26
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:01:08 PM

actually, there is... like to believe that vitalik is behind the etc, or the DAO attack were a inside attack.
all that isnt confirmed, so, till the moment, still just conspiracy.

That's a good call, but insanely twisted. Are you saying Vitalik expected ETH to die after the fork, and he predicted it so he can not only regain DAO funds but make extra money with ETC?

Well, if he is that smart, he deserves the money lol. At the end of the day, ETC deserves to win and be 10+ dollar a coin, not ETH.
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:06:51 PM

Anyone interested in doing something with the domain name ethereumconspiracy.com ?  Seriously, I was so pumped on Ethereum that I took out the domain name for fun. Right now, I think I should put it online because this ETC and ETH situation is pretty messed up.

What should I do with it? Would love to hear some ideas on how I can best use this name.

Let me know or PM me if you have some great ideas!

Let it die.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:01:16 PM

If it isn't too much of a hassle, could someone fill me in on what's going on with Ethereum? I know it was hacked and now they are trying to recover and/or fix the issues. That's pretty much where I'm at right now.

All drama was not even about being hacked rather than not give hacker some money from ETH. Problem is in ETH itself  becouse its hard to spot exploits.
When even devs are beiing victims of their own child this is something wrong toy know.
It should not work like that.If people invest 120m $ REAL casch into project like DAO output should be bit different than one smart guy exploit system.
If DAO failed how many more big project will fail with ETH because of it base construction.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
RKS (OP)

Activity: 77

BTC address: 17u5q3VJSVg9w9VPfE34th3mbTG4ngFEfS

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:19:20 PM

Ok so most think there was no conspiracy, but if there really was one, how would it play out. ETH does Hard Fork- ETC is spawned...was it planned, who was in on it, and for what purpose...

It looks like ETC is here to stay for now.
SmirkinPepe

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:42:39 PM

OK OP I have an idea:
What if the Ethereum people realized their product will never actually be used by actual companies and governments? And the current ETH prize is a massive bubble? And this is a nice way to let the bubble pop, but keeping up the appearance that it was not the market finding out they were selling snake oil, but it's because of the DAO and the hard fork? And now they can orchestrate another big pump and dump with the new ETC token (which they hold a bunch of)?

You can use this conspiracy theory for free, but you will have to hunt for sources yourself :p
ThePokerTranslator

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:40:25 AM

All drama was not even about being hacked rather than not give hacker some money from ETH. Problem is in ETH itself  becouse its hard to spot exploits.
When even devs are beiing victims of their own child this is something wrong toy know.
It should not work like that.If people invest 120m $ REAL casch into project like DAO output should be bit different than one smart guy exploit system.
If DAO failed how many more big project will fail with ETH because of it base construction.

This is interesting and i hope you've informed me properly. When you speak of $120m investment, is that initial investment to create the system/platform/currency or the market cap? And what do you mean "devs being victims of their own child?"

RB programme: http://betcoinrakeback.com?r=26
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:31:09 AM

Here's another thing to think about.

There is alot of projects goin on in the background that the public dont know about.

What if the banks or some other big company was developing something on ethereum and when the hard fork happened they seen it as a point of weakness and decided to start buying up massive amounts of etc, knowing that this would attract miners back and they can continue developing for the original ethereum block chain.
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:21:42 AM

Vitalik and all these eth investors, also hold etc. So they cant loose.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: